A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

More Justice Department Hiding

Old January 19th 19, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default More Justice Department Hiding

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 6:34:46 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:45:11 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 3:21:13 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 07:09:38 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 1:01:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 6:56:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 8:47:57 AM UTC-8, wrote:

I hate to tell you moronic fool - I was a Bomb/Nav technician on B52's. I wasn't supposed to fly on them, but the
stateside bases would send the people they didn't like to Guam
and that meant that the good shop technicians would stay at home.

So that tells us two things about you - you weren't a good technician, and no one liked you. Sometimes things never change. FWIW - I've been to Guam. Not exactly a "hardship tour".

But be sure and tell us all about it from a complete position of ignorance you damn fool.

I know nothing about repairing B-52s, but that wasn't the point, which you've now evaded for the third time.

If there's one thing that's so delightful it's looking at the sort of lunatic crap you spout out of your mouth.

Like....the north vietnamese surrendered? _that_ kind of lunatic crap?

Tell me about these "jungle canopies" while you're stupid enough to say mountains in the same breath you damn fool.

Are you under the impression that there aren't jungles with mountains, or vice versa?

And for the third time now, are you going to tell us you could discern the condition of a road (dirt or not) under a jungle canopy from 5000 feet away?

Or better yet - tell us that B52's bombed from 30,000 ft.

from someone who was the

" The B-52s were restricted to bombing suspected Communist bases in relatively uninhabited sections, because their potency approached that of a tactical nuclear weapon. A formation of six B-52s, dropping their bombs from 30,000 feet, could "take out"... almost everything within a "box" approximately five-eighths mile wide by two miles long. - Neil Sheehan, war correspondent, writing before the mass attacks on heavily populated cities including North Vietnam's capital.

Then there's this, from "Fifty Shades of Friction Combat Climate, B-52 Crews, and the Vietnam War by Mark Clodfelter, Professor of Military Strategy, The National War College at the National Defense University -
https://ndupress.ndu.edu/Portals/68/...asestudy-2.pdf :

"B-52s flew between 30,000 and 35,000 feet in three-ship “cells,” where the first bomber led the one behind it by 1 mile, and the third bomber was 1 mile behind the second aircraft (with 500- foot altitude variations among the three, and the second and third bombers offset to the right and left, respectively, of the lead). A formation of two cells could obliterate almost everything inside a rectangular area five-eighths of a mile wide by 2 miles long."

Apparently you're of the opinion that an electro-mechanical computer is of infinite accuracy.

Infinite? no.

We'd still love for you to regale us of how you could discern the condition of a road (dirt or not) under a jungle canopy from 5000 feet away.

I was there. You don't want to believe me that's fine. But then we have seen that you are a moron incapable of anything. You say that there are mountains along that border that are up to 10,000 ft and then say that the Ho Chi Minh trail was under "a jungle canopy". It doesn't occur to you just how sick in your mind you have to be not to even realize what you're typing.

With ME on-board we bombed SAM sites along the demarcation line between North and South. Later they bombed the military bases in the North which is when we lost 6 bombers.

By ALL means tell us what you know from the supposed authority of someone else. Only a scum bag thinks that he can get away with that.

Tom, I was in the 2nd Bomb wing at Barksdale AFB, one of, if not the
first, bomb wing to bomb Vietnam, so I don't have to read about it in
a book, I talked with the people who, actually did it. A good friend
was the EWO on a lead crew and the OIC of the base pistol team that I
was a member of.

As for your claim that you watched bombs being dropped and even was in
the bomb bay during actual bombing raids I would have to say that
sounds like bull****.

I'd guess you would have to have been in the bomb bay as none of the
crew positions in a B-52 G or H had a view of the ground, and during
actual combat crew members would logically be in their seat doing what
they were hired to do, not wandering around the airplane like a
tourist.

However lets make it fair, you tell us what unit you were assigned,
your rank and serial number, and your crew position and your aircraft
commander and the aircraft that you were assigned to, and what base
you were flying out of.

By the way, you do know, I guess that the first bombing raid made by
the B-52's on Vietnam was considered a failure, don't you.

I was 462nd Strategic Aerospace Wing A&E squadron. Larsen AFB and then moved to March AFB before going off to war. You really ought to work on your English comprehension since I never once said I was in the bays when they were dropping bombs. You haven't the slightest idea what that would mean.

This must be your problem with speaking Thai all the time and only getting in your English practice here.

I also said that I worked on B52D's these were upgraded B52C's. Maybe you can run and look it up on Wikipedia and say that I'm wrong because they claim that there were B52E's assigned there. They too were upgraded to B52F's. The E's and F's all looked run down so I don't know what in hell they were used for. Probably only flying Chrome Dome out of Minot.

The N52G's and H's were hardly the same aircraft. Aside from the construction being different, The engines being completely new, the tail being redesigned and the tail gunner position being moved to the forward pressurized compartment, the armament being different and the entire electronics from ECM to Bomb/Nav being and entirely different all electronic system, the ECM identifying and tracking automatically. At the time they did not carry the bomb load of a D. We dropped so many bombs so fast that we ran out of bombs. Instead of 1,000 or 1,500's in the bays and 500's on the wing nacelles, we finally ended up with 2,500's in the bays and 1,500 lbers on the wing nacelles. Does that sound like an unsuccessful project?

I have also stated all of your desired information which you seem to have forgotten. I was 32130L and AF19768158. Now if you cannot decipher that to discover my rank then we can tell you were never in the AF yourself.

Ah Tom, you were a 3 level, and probably a what? Airman 3rd, I can't
remember whether one needed to be a 5 level to be promoted Airman 2nd
or not. So you as an apprentice level craftsman and almost the lowest
possible rank were selected to fly combat missions on a B-53?

Of course you were Tom... in your wildest dreams.

But you, like Frank and Jay, spend all of your time with your heads up your asses while the world passes the three of you by.

Well, perhaps we do. You on the other hand spend all of your time
telling lies and trying desperately to make people think that you are
something more then a miserable failure.

I didn't think that you had been in the Air Force what with you stupid talk of B50's. Those were almost entirely gone in 1955 and were written off the inventory around 1965 when there wasn't even one air-worthy. Crew Chief indeed!

I was Airman 2nd Class which is now Airman. Airman 1st is now called Sargent. In four years in the AF we had a single promotion to Airman 1st and it was the Chief's favorite that stayed safe in the US.

I want you to explain to me what in the hell you mean by "selected" for flight line work. You claimed to have been a crew chief and now you don't know that if you are on launch and something goes wrong that you can't fix instantly you throw the main components on and go with the plane.

Why is it that you say you were a crew chief but don't know a damn thing about launch duty?

Our shop had a Senior Master Sargent and a Chief Master Sargent. These guys were shop heads. We had two Tech Sargents and two Staff Sargents. One of each were the shop personnel to maintain the computers we changed out. The other Tech and Staff worked together. We had ONE Airman 1st and he was my partner. Jack Prior. All of the rest of the flight line people were Airman 2nds.

You claim to have been in the Air Force and then claim to be crew chief on an aircraft that was developed in 1944 and never used one time in combat. You don't appear to know what the Army Air Corp to Air Force ranks changes were and in order to have done what you claim you'd have to be in your late 80's.

So tell us why you're on a bicycle group when you're probably in a group home?
Ads
Old January 20th 19, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:09:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 8:39:27 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 10:09:41 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 1:01:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:

I was there. You don't want to believe me that's fine. But then we
have seen that you are a moron incapable of anything.

If by 'incapable', you mean supporting my arguments with facts, then sure. However, I don't see anything thing from you other than claims for which you have offered no support. I guess in slow tom world, 'incapable' means rational argument supported with verifiable evidence.

You say that there are mountains along that border that are up to
10,000 ft

I never said that. You're confusing me with another poster. If you can't keep the conversations straight, perhaps you should leave the conversation.

Old January 20th 19, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:38:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Here is another shot of those trails which were under a "jungle canopy"

snipped link

wow... You link to a picture taken in 2019 for a real estate ad? Gee, ya think they might of done a little land clearing for real estate development sometime in the 50 ****ing years?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v... QHaFj&iss=VSI

And here's another one of those heavy jungle canopies from which you could never spot a heavy truck convoy at a mile away:

snipped second image

another picture a few years old, taken from about 50 feet above the ground, not 5000 feet. Can you post a picture of a view from a mile up, or did you forget that was the actual issue?

I've already posted pictures of what the rail looked like back then. They clearly show the trail surrounded by vegetation (vegetation, you know kind of like what you have for brains?)

Face it sparky, you're an idiot.
Old January 20th 19, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 6:01:31 AM UTC-8, wrote:

snipped link

wow... You link to a picture taken in 2019 for a real estate ad? Gee, ya think they might of done a little land clearing for real estate development sometime in the 50 ****ing years?

And here's another one of those heavy jungle canopies from which you could never spot a heavy truck convoy at a mile away:

snipped second image

another picture a few years old, taken from about 50 feet above the ground, not 5000 feet. Can you post a picture of a view from a mile up, or did you forget that was the actual issue?

I've already posted pictures of what the rail looked like back then. They clearly show the trail surrounded by vegetation (vegetation, you know kind of like what you have for brains?)

Yes you moron - a real estate ad showing not a trace of your impenetrable jungle with a canopy over a road.

The problem with you Snowflakes is that you want to believe you're smarter than anyone else to the point where you can only demonstrate your own ignorance of practically everything.
Old January 20th 19, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:11:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:

snipped link

snipped second image

Yes you moron - a real estate ad showing not a trace of your impenetrable jungle with a canopy over a road.

A real estate ad fifty years after the trail was used by the vietcong. I'm not the one with the reality disconnect here.

The problem with you Snowflakes is that you want to believe you're
smarter than anyone else

I don't believe I'm smarter than everyone else, but I do believe you're more stupid than anyone else, especially me.

to the point where you can only demonstrate your own ignorance
of practically everything.

And yet, with every post, you prove me right. Keep trying sparky, all you're doing is making the cast of dumb and dumber look like Rhodes scholars.

Old January 20th 19, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 8:10:27 AM UTC-8, Zen Cycle wrote:

snipped link

snipped second image

A real estate ad fifty years after the trail was used by the vietcong. I'm not the one with the reality disconnect here.

smarter than anyone else

I don't believe I'm smarter than everyone else, but I do believe you're more stupid than anyone else, especially me.

And yet, with every post, you prove me right. Keep trying sparky, all you're doing is making the cast of dumb and dumber look like Rhodes scholars.

Are you telling me that somehow dense jungle as stupid was talking about magically turned into lucrative real estate with no signs of anything other than normal trees and grassland? Not to mention that I showed another photo showing the trail dropping down the front of a mountainside clearly in the wide open and into the same sort of clear ground and the other.

Stupid also doesn't believe you could see truck convoys from 5,000 feet. Yet you can go to Google Earth and almost read the serial numbers of an aircraft on a runway.

Are you another of the whackos that think that with no experience with anything that you can tell us all about it?
Old January 20th 19, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zen Cycle
external usenet poster

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:06:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:

snipped link

snipped second image

I've already posted pictures of what the rail looked like back then.. They clearly show the trail surrounded by vegetation (vegetation, you know kind of like what you have for brains?)

smarter than anyone else

And yet, with every post, you prove me right. Keep trying sparky, all you're doing is making the cast of dumb and dumber look like Rhodes scholars..

Are you telling me that somehow dense jungle as stupid was talking
about magically turned into lucrative real estate with no signs
of anything other than normal trees and grassland?

Yes, 50 years of population and civilization growth results in once-unwanted-land becoming valuable real estate, stupid.

Not to mention that I showed another photo showing the trail
dropping down the front of a mountainside clearly in the wide
open and into the same sort of clear ground and the other.

right and the _entirety_ of the ho chi minh trail was wide open and in the clear (not). I guess that's why the US needed to drop agent orange, because there was no tree cover.

Stupid also doesn't believe you could see truck convoys from 5,000 feet.

I didn't say that. I said you couldn't tell the condition of the road. You need to pay more attention.

Yet you can go to Google Earth and almost read the serial numbers of an
aircraft on a runway.

you do realize that you're using a magnification tool? nope, likely not. "hey my eyesight is just fine, I can read great as long as I ave a magnifying glass.

Are you another of the whackos that think that with no experience
with anything that you can tell us all about it?

No one needs any experience to be able to tell you all about how much of an idiot and an asshole you are. no wonder you want to suck trumps dick.

Old January 20th 19, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:58:40 AM UTC-8, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:06:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:

snipped link

snipped second image

A real estate ad fifty years after the trail was used by the vietcong.. I'm not the one with the reality disconnect here.

smarter than anyone else

Are you telling me that somehow dense jungle as stupid was talking
about magically turned into lucrative real estate with no signs
of anything other than normal trees and grassland?

Yes, 50 years of population and civilization growth results in once-unwanted-land becoming valuable real estate, stupid.

Not to mention that I showed another photo showing the trail
dropping down the front of a mountainside clearly in the wide
open and into the same sort of clear ground and the other.

right and the _entirety_ of the ho chi minh trail was wide open and in the clear (not). I guess that's why the US needed to drop agent orange, because there was no tree cover.

Stupid also doesn't believe you could see truck convoys from 5,000 feet..

I didn't say that. I said you couldn't tell the condition of the road. You need to pay more attention.

Yet you can go to Google Earth and almost read the serial numbers of an
aircraft on a runway.

you do realize that you're using a magnification tool? nope, likely not. "hey my eyesight is just fine, I can read great as long as I ave a magnifying glass.

Are you another of the whackos that think that with no experience
with anything that you can tell us all about it?

No one needs any experience to be able to tell you all about how much of an idiot and an asshole you are. no wonder you want to suck trumps dick.

When did I say that there weren't areas of the Ho Chi Minh trail that weren't under a jungle canopy. The areas where we bombed and then had to turn around and come back were reminiscent of California with wide open dirt roads and fairly thin forests. There was no way you could have missed seeing truck convoys on the roads.

The Ho Chi Minh Trail had about four forks for the various areas where the Viet Cong could get supplies and the furthest south was actually in jungle. That was in the far south of South Vietnam where bombers were never used.

The missions I was on used ground avoidance radar and flew through valley's to be out of range of SAM's and then we would pop up to 5,000 or more feet to bomb and then get the hell out of there. We were so close to the ground that they could have hit us with a rifle but not a SAM because we were probably 2,000 ft and full bore - 500 mph or so. Over the target there were so any SAM's flying around us that it looked like fireworks. The lead aircraft I was on, one time, had a SAM fly between the fuselage and the swept wing.. Luckily it didn't explode until 1,000 or more feet above us. Our climbing turns would take us out over Cambodia. Then we would have enough altitude that we were safe and would turn and head back across South Vietnam and after we cross the border into the Pacific Ocean we would use the radar and radio to find the KC135 Tankers and refuel.

On one mission I was on they had a new Boomer on the tanker. When refueling it is scary as hell. While the refueling orifice is center and behind the A/C and Pilot, the two aircraft bob up and down a lot. The Boomer did a no-no and when the B52 started getting closer to him he tried to push it away with the extendable boom. That bent it. We had nearly a full load so that didn't hurt us but he had to fly back to base with that boom all the way out and bent. And he had to land with it dragging on the ground which could have caused a fire or even an explosion. I often wonder what happened to him..

If knucklehead Slocumb actually had an EWO pal that had seen combat he would have known that the ECM were so good that the SAMs would fly past us and then run out of fuel and fall to the ground exploding around their positions.

So they turned off the so-called guidance systems and set them to explode at a particular altitude. They were nothing more than less effective Ack-Ack.. So we would bomb from different altitudes every mission and during my time there, no B52 had any significant damage. Only some shrapnel damage. And we had sheet metal workers that would replace the damaged panels.

Later when they started bombing North Vietnam we lost six.