More Justice Department Hiding

Old January 12th 19, 04:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default More Justice Department Hiding

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 4:17:07 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 5:31:24 AM UTC, news18 wrote:

So, effectively, the USA surrendered [in Vietnam].

Oh, it's worse than that. In The Devil's Pleasure Palace, Michael Walsh made the case that the US wanted to lose that war. Other historians and philosophers have made the point that stopping the 20th century's wars, and into this century, too soon just guaranteed that one unfinished war would be the flash-point for the next one. Iraq and Afghanistan are the recent examples commonly cited. Paul Johnson wrote of the deplorable effects of Americans' small-town morality when real politik was required. Walsh fixes the blame for this defeatist inability to conduct wars to their necessary conclusion on the Frankfurt School and its Critical Theory. I've been calling them commiepinkofellowtravellers since the 1960's and their theory the stinking detritus of resentful Germans who didn't know how to behave as guests in someone else's house. The little Antifa fascists are their children, and the modern Democratic Party is driven by Critical Theory's foolish fallacies. Their whole thing is cultural Marxism and, like other sorts of Marxism, it is a suicide cult in which limp-dick defeatism pigeonholes nicely into the their huge cupboard full of omnidirectional hate for Western civilisation. You're a representative example of what Critical Theory has done to two generations now.

Well that explains everything! Meanwhile, North Vietnam did not surrender.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 12th 19, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 3:54:04 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

What's your problem, Jay? I didn't say North Vietnam surrendered.

Andre Jute
Sometimes I really wonder
Old January 13th 19, 12:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 2:51:32 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Just wanted to recap after the winding ride though commie-pinkos, Antifa, Germans who are poor house guests, omni-directional hate for Western civilization, cats and dogs, living together, etc. I think we're all in agreement that North Vietnam didn't surrender. Just trying to establish some common ground in these divisive times.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 13th 19, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 7:54:04 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I got a haircut on Friday afternoon and my barber used to be a South Vietnamese government official. I told him what you said and he used a word that means "Eat ****". He said that the agreement was that the North would cease their invasion of the South and that the US would provide air support and military supplies to the South Vietnamese to maintain the status quo.
Not only did the North not even slow up the continuous invasion but that the US did absolutely nothing.

I would suggest you come down here and discuss it with him but he wields a mean straight razor.
Old January 13th 19, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 3:07:51 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

ABC had a story about Kings County this morning. They said that you have 250 times the crime rate as San Francisco and 400 times the crime rate of New York City.

Seems as how the Pacific North-west ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Old January 13th 19, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/12/2019 6:27 PM, wrote:

[...]

I'm not going to bother looking for the ABC story to which you gave no
link. Maybe it's another pipe dream.

But since you're responding to Jay, "... you have 250 times the crime
rate ..." tells us you think he lives in Kings County. But Jay lives in
Portland, OR. That's in Multnomah County (which I know because my kid
used to live there.) The closest Kings County is Seattle, WA. The
Seattle to Portland bike ride (STP) is 200 miles.

You really ought to look stuff up, Tom. You average more than one
serious mistake per post.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 13th 19, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/12/2019 6:24 PM, wrote:

Not only did the North not even slow up the continuous invasion...

Tom, that means they did NOT surrender!

Geez!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 13th 19, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 15:24:44 -0800 (PST), wrote:

[...]

According to what was reported Nixon had promised the South that the
U.S. would provide air support if necessary and during his
confirmation hearings in June 1973, Secretary of Defense James
Schlesinger stated that he would recommend resumption of U.S. bombing
in North Vietnam if North Vietnam launched a major offensive against
South Vietnam.

In 1975, U.S. Congress refused to appropriate additional military
assistance for South Vietnam, citing strong opposition to the war by
Americans and the loss of American equipment to the North by
retreating Southern forces.

So effectively, your barber is correct.

But, this is a far different story then your assertion that the North
surrendered.

cheers,

John B.

Old January 13th 19, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 3:47:40 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/12/2019 6:27 PM, wrote:
[...]

Telling me the distance when I've ridden the StoP several times including once continuous shows me that you think that 200 miles insulates Portland completely. You must really be from the sticks if you think that a distance that I did on a bike in 15 hours is free from the effects of the rest of the Pacific North-west.
Old January 13th 19, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 1/12/2019 6:27 PM, wrote:
[...]

I'm not in the least surprise that again you're telling someone that was there that they didn't know what they were talking about. That is getting to be your special power. Do you wear a cape and tghts with a big red "JERK" on it?

"Bui Tin, a former colonel who served on the general staff of the North Vietnamese army -
Q: How did Hanoi intend to defeat the Americans?

A: By fighting a long war which would break their will to help South Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh said, “We don’t need to win military victories, we only need to hit them until they give up and get out.”
Q: Was the American antiwar movement important to Hanoi’s victory?
A: It was essential to our strategy. Support for the war from our rear was completely secure while the American rear was vulnerable. Every day our leadership would listen to world news over the radio at 9 a.m. to follow the growth of the American antiwar movement. Visits to Hanoi by people like Jane Fonda and former Attorney General Ramsey Clark and ministers gave us confidence that we should hold on in the face of battlefield reverses. We were elated when Jane Fonda, wearing a red Vietnamese dress, said at a press conference that she was ashamed of American actions in the war and that she would struggle along with us.
Q: Did the Politburo pay attention to these visits?
A: Keenly
Q: Why?
A: Those people represented the conscience of America. The conscience of America was part of its war-making capability, and we were turning that power in our favor. America lost because of its democracy; through dissent and protest it lost the ability to mobilize a will to win.
Q: What else?
A: We had the impression that American commanders had their hands tied by political factors. Your generals could never deploy a maximum force for greatest military effect."

The North Vietnamese LOST the TET offensive in a huge way.
https://daily.jstor.org/tet-what-were-they-thinking/

Of course you could have looked ANY of this up but being the expert Googler you are you couldn't find your ass with both hands.