Darn it

Old December 2nd 04, 09:43 AM
MSeries

Default Darn it

My custom front lamp bracket started to break this morning. It is made
from a Bluemels pump and a water bottle cage bracket. It is a little
springy so I braced it with a strip of aluminium and this strip is
starting to tear. I'll have to make a steel one out of the packing piece
that was holding the drum of my new washing machine in place as it was
delivered.
Old December 2nd 04, 09:51 AM
Call me Bob

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 09:43:57 +0000, MSeries
wrote:

My custom front lamp bracket started to break this morning. It is made
from a Bluemels pump and a water bottle cage bracket. It is a little
springy so I braced it with a strip of aluminium and this strip is
starting to tear. I'll have to make a steel one out of the packing piece
that was holding the drum of my new washing machine in place as it was
delivered.

Parts from the washing machine on your bike? I think you have to have
a go at the hour record if you do that.

--

Call me "Bob"

"More oneness, less categories,
Open hearts, no strategies"

Old December 2nd 04, 09:52 AM
MSeries

wrote:

My custom front lamp bracket started to break this morning. It is made

from a Bluemels pump and a water bottle cage bracket. It is a little

springy so I braced it with a strip of aluminium and this strip is
starting to tear. I'll have to make a steel one out of the packing piece
that was holding the drum of my new washing machine in place as it was
delivered.

Parts from the washing machine on your bike? I think you have to have
a go at the hour record if you do that.

I don't think my batteries will last an hour !!
Old December 2nd 04, 12:23 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

wrote in message :

My custom front lamp bracket started to break this morning. It is made
from a Bluemels pump and a water bottle cage bracket. It is a little
springy so I braced it with a strip of aluminium and this strip is
starting to tear.

My experience of sheet aluminium as a material for lamp brackets
(custom or otherwise) is uniformly unsatisfactory. See if you can
find a bit of gash stainless lying around.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old December 2nd 04, 09:49 PM
the.Mark

wrote:

My custom front lamp bracket started to break this morning.
It is made

from a Bluemels pump and a water bottle cage bracket. It is
a little

springy so I braced it with a strip of aluminium and this
strip is starting to tear. I'll have to make a steel one out
of the packing piece that was holding the drum of my new
washing machine in place as it was delivered.

Parts from the washing machine on your bike? I think you have
to have a go at the hour record if you do that.

I don't think my batteries will last an hour !!

Are you alowed to use batteries in an hour record attempt? :-)
--
Mark

1x1 wheel, 3x2 wheels & 1x3 wheels.

Old December 2nd 04, 11:36 PM
Clive George

"the.Mark" wrote in message

I don't think my batteries will last an hour !!

Are you alowed to use batteries in an hour record attempt? :-)

Well, depends under whos rules. Now the UCI have mandated a traditional fork
(have they?), there is the option of using a SON. Obviously Chris B's bike
with its monoblade affair couldn't do this - maybe this is why they banned
them.

cheers,
clive

Old December 3rd 04, 05:07 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Clive George
') wrote:

"the.Mark" wrote in message

I don't think my batteries will last an hour !!

Are you alowed to use batteries in an hour record attempt? :-)

Well, depends under whos rules. Now the UCI have mandated a
traditional fork (have they?), there is the option of using a SON.
Obviously Chris B's bike with its monoblade affair couldn't do this -
maybe this is why they banned them.

Have they not now banned hour record attempts altogether, in order to
prevent Graeme winning it back?

;; MS Windows: A thirty-two bit extension ... to a sixteen bit
;; patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a
;; four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that
;; can't stand one bit of competition -- anonymous