DfT statistics show alarming rise in number of cyclists killed or seriously injured on Britain's roads

Old February 16th 12, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_4_]

Default DfT statistics show alarming rise in number of cyclists killed or seriously injured on Britain's roads

Number of casualties across all classes of road users continues to fall with
only cyclists seeing an increase.

http://road.cc/content/news/51921-df...iously-injured

Old February 16th 12, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Video: Modern Day Artisan - Ricky Feather

QUOTE:
One of last year's winners at the Bespoked Bristol show for custom
frame builders was Ricky Feather from York who appears in a rather
nice new short film by Chris Read on the fashion, art, design and
culture website Hypebeast.

It's quite amazing to think that by the time the next Bespoked show
rolls around Feather will only have been building frames for a little
over 3 years as we he told us last year when we spoke to him at
Bespoked, he is self-taught and started with an empty workshop and a
set of tool in York. It's a measure of how far the ex-BMX racer has
come as a framebuilder in that short space of time that amongst some
pretty exalted company last year he won the judge's prize for best
track frame at the show.

We're shortly going to be posting the latest in the Meet the Maker
videos from the Bespoked organisers, this time featuring the
performance-orientated folks at BikeScience in Bristol. Don't forget
that the Bespoked show is on March 23rd-25th and will feature the
cream of British bike building talent including Feather Cycles and
even some International stars.

http://road.cc/content/news/52614-vi...-ricky-feather

--
Simon Mason
Old February 16th 12, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On Feb 16, 12:58*pm, "Mr Benn" wrote:
Number of casualties across all classes of road users continues to fall with
only cyclists seeing an increase.

http://road.cc/content/news/51921-df...larming-rise-n...

http://road.cc/content/news/12065-re...-93-cent-cases

Report in to DfT casualty stats says cyclists not to blame in 93 per
cent of cases

Study analysis causes of collisions resulting in death or serious
injury to cyclists
Old February 16th 12, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 05:53:00 -0800 (PST), Justin
wrote:

On Feb 16, 12:58*pm, "Mr Benn" wrote:
Number of casualties across all classes of road users continues to fall with
only cyclists seeing an increase.

http://road.cc/content/news/51921-df...larming-rise-n...

http://road.cc/content/news/12065-re...-93-cent-cases

Report in to DfT casualty stats says cyclists not to blame in 93 per
cent of cases

ffs - you are excellent value: we are talking about 2012 now - not what was
claimed back in December 2009. (and in fact it wasn't claimed even then)

And now explain how the sentence : "Bike riders tearing through red lights,
wearing dark clothing or riding at night without lights are to blame for less
than 7% of accidents that result in a cyclist being seriously injured,
according to research commissioned by the Department for Transport."

results in "cyclists not to blame in 93% of cases"

Oh - I see it now : 100% - 7% (of something) = 93% (of something else)

Why not start a pen-friend relationship with Simple Simon - you seem to be
about as bright and also made for each other.

Used any good names lately?
--
FrontMech
Billsgate

Justin Lewis
Old February 16th 12, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Feb 16, 12:04*pm, wrote:
QUOTE:
One of last year's winners at the Bespoked Bristol show for custom
frame builders was Ricky Feather from York who appears in a rather
nice new short film by Chris Read on the fashion, art, design and
culture website Hypebeast.

It's quite amazing to think that by the time the next Bespoked show
rolls around Feather will only have been building frames for a little
over 3 years as we he told us last year when we spoke to him at
Bespoked, he is self-taught and started with an empty workshop and a
set of tool in York. It's a measure of how far the ex-BMX racer has
come as a framebuilder in that short space of time that amongst some
pretty exalted company last year he won the judge's prize for best
track frame at the show.

That is one area of regret that I never got into frame building, but
carbon is beyond us mere mortals.
As is Al and Ti for that matter.

--
Simon Mason

Old February 16th 12, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

http://road.cc/content/news/12065-re...tats-says-cycl...

[...]

None of the above are anything to do with me. As I said, put up or
shut up.

Old February 16th 12, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

On Feb 16, 3:48 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Feb 16, 12:04 pm, wrote:

[...]

You need an inert atmosphere to weld Al and Ti otherwise you make a bodge of
the welding.
A bit like Bodge Job himself would do if he was skilled enough to do
welding.

--
Simon Mason

Old February 16th 12, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:07:36 -0800 (PST), Justin
wrote:

snip

Used any good names lately?
--
FrontMech
Billsgate
Ricky Bikebloke
Sedentary IgnorantPopulist
J.M.Messie

Justin Lewis

None of the above are anything to do with me. As I said, put up or
shut up.

Hello, hello
Are you saying that you - Justin Lewis have not used any or all of the
following IDs?

Old February 16th 12, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 16 feb, 17:21, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:07:36 -0800 (PST), Justin
wrote:

snip

Used any good names lately?
--
FrontMech
Billsgate
Ricky Bikebloke
Sedentary IgnorantPopulist
J.M.Messie

Justin Lewis

None of the above are anything to do with me. As I said, put up or
shut up.

Hello, hello
Are you saying that you - Justin Lewis have not used any or all of the
following IDs?
--
FrontMech
Billsgate
Ricky Bikebloke
Sedentary IgnorantPopulist
J.M.Messie

Justin Lewis

It would appear so
Old February 16th 12, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 16 feb, 17:21, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:07:36 -0800 (PST), Justin
wrote:

snip

Used any good names lately?
--
FrontMech
Billsgate
Ricky Bikebloke
Sedentary IgnorantPopulist
J.M.Messie

Justin Lewis

None of the above are anything to do with me. As I said, put up or
shut up.

Hello, hello
Are you saying that you - Justin Lewis have not used any or all of the
following IDs?
--
FrontMech
Billsgate
Ricky Bikebloke
Sedentary IgnorantPopulist
J.M.Messie

Justin Lewis

I do not deny posting as Justin Lewis however.