Deliveroo rider dies in crash - driver arrested

Old June 12th 20, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Deliveroo rider dies in crash - driver arrested

QUOTE:
A Deliveroo rider has has died after being involved in a crash with a car in Reading.

Thames Valley Police says officers were called to Addington Road at around 7.25pm on Wednesday, June 10, following reports of a collision between a car and a cyclist. A police statement says: "Officers attended the scene, where tragically the cyclist, a man aged 35, died. We are working towards locating his next of kin and informing them."

Officers say a 26-year-old man from Wokingham has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving, and driving a motor vehicle with a proportion of a specified controlled drug above the specified limit.

He has been released under investigation.

A spokesperson for Deliveroo confirmed it was one of the food delivery company's riders, saying: "This is a tragedy and shocking loss. Our deepest condolences are with the family and friends of the rider."

It was the second death of a cyclist in Berkshire on Wednesday, after a 42-year-old cyclist died in Sonning in the morning.

A 22-year-old woman arrested after the crash has been released under investigation, according to Thames Valley Police.

Anyone with information about either incident is urged to call police on 101 or report it online here.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/re...ading-18405166
Old June 12th 20, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 12/06/2020 11:38, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE: A Deliveroo rider has has died after being involved in a crash
with a car in Reading.

Thames Valley Police says officers were called to Addington Road at
around 7.25pm on Wednesday, June 10, following reports of a collision
between a car and a cyclist. A police statement says: "Officers
attended the scene, where tragically the cyclist, a man aged 35,
died. We are working towards locating his next of kin and informing
them."

Walking along that road some years ago, I was amused and saddened to see
a child riding a bicycle with the father driving along behind shouting
instructions out of the window.

I sometimes cycle along Redlands Road past the junction in the picture.
Here is a better view:
https://goo.gl/maps/VNRmL8niFFNkL3pWA

I can't imagine any specific problem with the junction layout. Just busy
with people using the hospital.
Old June 12th 20, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, June 12, 2020 at 9:11:39 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

Guy Chapman, late of this parish lives at Emmer Green, Reading RG4 8UD

Old June 12th 20, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 12/06/2020 21:21, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Ah OK. The other side of the river. I've been past his house a few times.