address harvesting by Universal Cycles of Portland, OR

Old March 2nd 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Jay S. Hill

Default address harvesting by Universal Cycles of Portland, OR

It looks like Universal Cycles of Portland, OR, is using this group, and
probably others, to harvest addresses for spam. They've been spamming
me for months, regardless of my repeatedly telling them to stop. Does
anyone have any suggestions for ways to force them to stop the spamming?
I've contacted the FTC and http://www.neturf.com, their site
administrator. Anybody have any other ideas? And, obviously, I'd
recommend no one shop there. And no, I don't have the leet skillz or
sleazy ethics to take down their site, regardless of whether I think
they deserve it.
Old March 2nd 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
G.T.

"Jay S. Hill" wrote in message
nk.net...

It looks like Universal Cycles of Portland, OR, is using this group, and
probably others, to harvest addresses for spam. They've been spamming me
for months, regardless of my repeatedly telling them to stop. Does anyone
have any suggestions for ways to force them to stop the spamming? I've
contacted the FTC and http://www.neturf.com, their site administrator.
Anybody have any other ideas? And, obviously, I'd recommend no one shop
there. And no, I don't have the leet skillz or sleazy ethics to take down
their site, regardless of whether I think they deserve it.

Spam sucks no matter how you were added to their list but are you sure it's
from Usenet? I haven't received any spam from them and I post on 3 bicycle
newsgroups.

Greg

Old March 2nd 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Andy M-S

On Mar 1, 7:17 pm, "G.T." wrote:
"Jay S. Hill" wrote in . earthlink.net...

It looks like Universal Cycles of Portland, OR, is using this group, and
probably others, to harvest addresses for spam. They've been spamming me
for months, regardless of my repeatedly telling them to stop. Does anyone
have any suggestions for ways to force them to stop the spamming? I've
contacted the FTC andhttp://www.neturf.com, their site administrator.
Anybody have any other ideas? And, obviously, I'd recommend no one shop
there. And no, I don't have the leet skillz or sleazy ethics to take down
their site, regardless of whether I think they deserve it.

Spam sucks no matter how you were added to their list but are you sure it's
from Usenet? I haven't received any spam from them and I post on 3 bicycle
newsgroups.

Greg

I've made a few purchases from them over the past year, and I think I
get maybe one e-mail every few months with some sort of coupon offer.
Either that, or my SPAM filter is working better than I had hoped.

Old March 2nd 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Tim McNamara

In article et,
"Jay S. Hill" wrote:

It looks like Universal Cycles of Portland, OR, is using this group,
and probably others, to harvest addresses for spam. They've been
spamming me for months, regardless of my repeatedly telling them to
stop. Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to force them to
stop the spamming? I've contacted the FTC and http://www.neturf.com,
their site administrator. Anybody have any other ideas? And,
obviously, I'd recommend no one shop there. And no, I don't have the
leet skillz or sleazy ethics to take down their site, regardless of
whether I think they deserve it.

I've never heard from them and have posted many times in this newsgroup.

My advice would be to get spam filtering, either server side at your ISP
or clientside on your computer.

Universal-ly sh*te Jon Senior UK 23 October 29th 05 10:42 PM
universal bike tool [email protected] Techniques 19 September 13th 05 12:01 AM
Universal Rail Adapter sabin_a. Unicycling 4 July 29th 05 12:48 AM
Universal Laws of trailriding phil Unicycling 16 May 17th 05 09:45 PM
Universal Kryptonite Key a Marketplace 8 September 23rd 04 02:21 AM