First time PBP

Old December 30th 03, 08:21 PM
MartinM

Default First time PBP

Did anyone in this group do PBP for the first time this year? Would
you care to share your experiences/tips?
TIA
Martin
Old December 30th 03, 10:02 PM
Zog The Undeniable

MartinM wrote:

Did anyone in this group do PBP for the first time this year? Would
you care to share your experiences/tips?
TIA

Have you read the current issue of the CTC magazine? There's an article
on this very subject.

Old December 30th 03, 10:24 PM
MSeries

MartinM wrote:
Did anyone in this group do PBP for the first time this year? Would
you care to share your experiences/tips?
TIA
Martin

Theres a piece in the double CW issue on PBP. I know someone who did his
first PBP this year, his report is
herehttp://www.mile43.com/cycling/rando2003_pbp.html

Old December 31st 03, 09:32 AM
MartinM

"MSeries" wrote in message ...
MSeries wrote:
MartinM wrote:
Did anyone in this group do PBP for the first time this year? Would
you care to share your experiences/tips?
TIA
Martin

Theres a piece in the double CW issue on PBP. I know someone who did
his first PBP this year, his report is
herehttp://www.mile43.com/cycling/rando2003_pbp.html

Theres a piece in the double CW issue on PBP. I know someone who did his
first PBP this year, his report is
here http://www.mile43.com/cycling/rando2003_pbp.html

Thanks, yes I did read the CTC article. Am planning to do it in 07,
but with a bit more sleep and leaving a bit more of a margin than the
young lady in the article! an amazing acheivement nevertheless. The
only others I spoke to on various SR rides this year were all on their
4th /5th attempts so had it down to a fine art. Some of them even
managed a couple of nights sleep!
Old December 31st 03, 06:07 PM
RG

"MartinM" wrote in message
om...
Did anyone in this group do PBP for the first time this year? Would
you care to share your experiences/tips?
TIA
Martin

There's a chap, Dave, (Australian I think) that rides the monthly Origami
rides with the Folding Society who did PBP this year on a rebuilt 1960s
Moulton Stowaway with 2 speed hub gear - YES you read that correctly, TWO
speed - as he put it : One for up and one for down !

Without doubt he is as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog.

I don't believe he was a first time PBPer but nevertheless his account in
the latest Moultoneer magazine is interesting - I'm not sure whether it's
published on the web - if not then enquire through the Folding Society
pages.

RG

Old January 1st 04, 10:20 AM
MartinM

"RG" wrote in message ...
"MartinM" wrote in message
om...
Did anyone in this group do PBP for the first time this year? Would
you care to share your experiences/tips?
TIA
Martin

There's a chap, Dave, (Australian I think) that rides the monthly Origami
rides with the Folding Society who did PBP this year on a rebuilt 1960s
Moulton Stowaway with 2 speed hub gear - YES you read that correctly, TWO
speed - as he put it : One for up and one for down !

Without doubt he is as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog.

I don't believe he was a first time PBPer but nevertheless his account in
the latest Moultoneer magazine is interesting - I'm not sure whether it's
published on the web - if not then enquire through the Folding Society
pages.

RG

Will do, thanks. Like every major ride there is always some good old
eccentric (or even multiple numbers thereof) who turns up and does it
on the most improbable machine you can think of, good luck to him!.
From what I have heard most British riders do it on sensible Audax
bikes but a lot of French turn out on TdF style full racers.