The Rebellin Hoax

Old November 11th 04, 12:35 AM
B. Lafferty

Default The Rebellin Hoax

Suddenly, a great year. Now we know why. From CyclingNews:

Rebellin and 19 others on trial
Gerolsteiner's Davide Rebellin has, along with 19 others, been put on trial
in the Italian town of Este, Padova, accused of receiving prohibited
pharmaceutical substances, and violating the Italian anti-doping and
sporting fraud laws. The trial commenced on Wednesday morning, November 10,
and most of the accused are cyclists: Dario Acquaroli, Filippo Baldo, Ramon
Bianchi, Mauro Busato, Matteo Cacco, Davide Casarotto, Nadia Dandolo
(athletics), Gianni Faresin, Andrea Ferrigato, Marco Fincato, Martin
Hvastija, Petr Klasa, Fabio Marchesin, Mirco Marini, Selina Martinello
(Rebellin's wife), Uros Murn, Gorazd Stangelj, Marco Villa and Matteo
Zendron.

The trial was initiated on the basis of phone tapping and video surveillance
on the riders in question. During May, 2001, Rebellin was allegedly filmed
receiving a syringe containing a banned substance, while at the end of the
month, he was allegedly videoed injecting himself with EPO in his hotel room
in Bassano del Grappa. Rebellin has always maintained his innocence.

--
How strange when an illusion dies, it's as though you've lost a child.--Judy
Garland

Old November 11th 04, 12:57 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Thursday 11 November 2004 01:35, B. Lafferty wrote:
Suddenly, a great year.

I don't think so. He has been a solid podium pick for years. Frigo used to
win more but he got busted a few times. Maybe it's Rebellin's time now (for
winning, or for getting busted).

E.
--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Old November 11th 04, 01:39 PM
Jonathan v.d. Sluis

"B. Lafferty" schreef in bericht
ink.net...
Suddenly, a great year. Now we know why. From CyclingNews:

The trial was initiated on the basis of phone tapping and video

surveillance
on the riders in question. During May, 2001, Rebellin was allegedly filmed
receiving a syringe containing a banned substance, while at the end of the
month, he was allegedly videoed injecting himself with EPO in his hotel

room
in Bassano del Grappa.

That stuff sure lasts long then.

Old November 11th 04, 02:53 PM
Robert Chung

B. Lafferty wrote:
Suddenly, a great year. Now we know why. From CyclingNews:

[snip]

The trial was initiated on the basis of phone tapping and video
surveillance on the riders in question. During May, 2001, Rebellin was
allegedly filmed receiving a syringe containing a banned substance,
while at the end of the month, he was allegedly videoed injecting
himself with EPO in his hotel room in Bassano del Grappa. Rebellin has
always maintained his innocence.

Year, UCIRank, UCIPoints
1995, 32, 455
1996, 12, 1219
1997, 16, 928
1998, 8, 1432
1999, 5, 1590
2000, 7, 1612
2001, 3, 1977
2002, 9, 1467
2003, 5, 1656
2004, 6, 1883

Old November 11th 04, 05:29 PM
Warren

B. Lafferty wrote:
Suddenly, a great year. Now we know why. From CyclingNews:

[snip]

The trial was initiated on the basis of phone tapping and video
surveillance on the riders in question. During May, 2001, Rebellin was
allegedly filmed receiving a syringe containing a banned substance,
while at the end of the month, he was allegedly videoed injecting
himself with EPO in his hotel room in Bassano del Grappa. Rebellin has
always maintained his innocence.

How can you tell from a video what is in a syringe? It could be vitamins.

-WG

Old November 11th 04, 06:21 PM
Badger South

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:29:10 GMT, "Warren" wrote:

B. Lafferty wrote:
Suddenly, a great year. Now we know why. From CyclingNews:

[snip]

The trial was initiated on the basis of phone tapping and video
surveillance on the riders in question. During May, 2001, Rebellin was
allegedly filmed receiving a syringe containing a banned substance,
while at the end of the month, he was allegedly videoed injecting
himself with EPO in his hotel room in Bassano del Grappa. Rebellin has
always maintained his innocence.

How can you tell from a video what is in a syringe? It could be vitamins.

-WG

Method of administration?

Most EPO preparations are administered by IV, but there is a subcutaneous
type.

Here's more than you probably wanted to know (.pdf format)

http://www.procrit.com/common/prescr...ritBooklet.pdf

-B

Rebellin [email protected] Racing 0 August 1st 04 04:11 PM
Rebellin Hot!! Davey Crockett Racing 8 April 23rd 04 12:15 AM