If Adults on bikes could be as simple as kids on bikes

Old September 21st 05, 03:54 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default If Adults on bikes could be as simple as kids on bikes

--
--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message
Maggie wrote:
: Pat wrote:
:
: Okay, I understand now. Maggie gets rattled easily and is still
: trying to convince people that she panicked and jumped all over the
: place when somebody called out "on your left" ---but she was in the
: right behaving like that and the cyclist was in the wrong. That's
: what the original post is all about.
:
: Pat in TX
:
: What the hell is your problem woman? The original post was about
: three kids. Not about the time I was hit. I just added that for some
: stupid reason. What is your problem with me anyway? Just say it.
: Every
: freaking time I have ever posted....and you can look back....you have
: to make some kind of negative comment. What the hell is your
: problem?
: If I stay on this newsgroup, there is going to be a cat fight.

I think Pat is a guy.

From Texas no less...

Old September 21st 05, 05:27 PM
wafflycat

"Michael Press" wrote in message
In article ,
"wafflycat"
waffles*$*A**T*v21net$*££*D*O*T*co*D£$£*O*T*uk wrote:

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message

Where I am, there's a lot of narrow country lanes, so I come across
pedestrians and horse riders quite often. I find a friendly "Cyclist
approaching behind you" in good time, works well, especially if a "thank
you" with a smile follows as I cycle past. I find people simply do not
hear
a bell - I have one on the 'bent - the sound of my voice is much more
effective. Of course, my father was a regimental seargeant-major and my
mother could outshout him, so perhaps it's in the genes ;-)

I stay off most paths; but one that is lightly travelled,
fast, and convenient is used almost exclusively by
cyclists and women with strollers. At a hundred meters and
9 m/sec I project a "Helloooo-Ohhh." By the time they they
turn to see me they still have time to clear a lane
without having to move faster than they already are.
"Thank you."

I stay off paths period. The roads round here don't have footpaths, so if
you walk on the road and if you ride a horse, ditto - it's on road and round
here most are narrow country lanes.

I was cycling in the city yesterday and on road as usual. Alongside was a
pathetic excuse for a cycle path shared with pedestrians - a bit of white
paint on the footpath. There was a cyclist on there and she was having to go
*very* slowly. I was on road doing 18mph. I avoid cycle paths like the
plague, the vast majority are unnecessary and positively dangerous in that
they take cyclists right next to side openings where cars enter & exit
property, up and down kerbs, have them stop at junctions where if they were
on road where a cyclist should be, they'd not have to stop...

Cheers, helen s

Old September 21st 05, 05:31 PM
Pat

:
: What the hell is your problem woman? The original post was about three
: kids. Not about the time I was hit. I just added that for some stupid
: reason. What is your problem with me anyway? Just say it. Every
: freaking time I have ever posted....and you can look back....you have
: to make some kind of negative comment. What the hell is your problem?
: If I stay on this newsgroup, there is going to be a cat fight.
:
: Maggie.

Here's the deal: you seem to be totally self-centered and parochial. If you
do something--- or like something---or wear something (or don't wear
something) then it is right with the universe and everyone else is wrong. If
you post an opinion and get flack from what you wrote, you can't take it!
You whine and cry that people are, gasp, criticizing you! and that shouldn't
be allowed! You moan that you thought this was a "nice" place---meaning no
one should ever criticize or post anything different to your way of
thinking. Well, get a clue. This isn't your private group where people are
supposed to agree with you all of the time. If you put up an opinion, be
prepared for people to agree AND disagree. And be prepared for them to give
(civil) reasons why they disagree or agree.

The reason you added the part about your panicking on the multi-use trail
was because you got criticized for your actions when it happened a few
months ago and you still haven't gotten over the indignation of thinking
that whatever you did you were perfectly right and everyone else is
wrong---and that some people actually disagreed with you. Everyone has an
opinion, but your reaction when someone disagrees with yours is peculiar.
You take it personally and get your feelings hurt.

Pat in TX
:

Old September 21st 05, 05:51 PM
Maggie

Pat wrote:
:
[...]

Oh phooey.....you just hate me because I am beautiful and sexy. Fess
up.
KISS KISS XXX

Maggie

Old September 21st 05, 08:48 PM
Zoot Katz

20 Sep 2005 19:29:33 -0700,
.com, "Maggie"
wrote:

LITTLE DO I KNOW!!!

I know.
--
zk
Old September 22nd 05, 12:03 AM
Maggie

Zoot Katz wrote:
20 Sep 2005 19:29:33 -0700,
.com, "Maggie"
wrote:

LITTLE DO I KNOW!!!

I know.
--
zk

Touche'

Mags

Old September 22nd 05, 12:43 AM
Jeff Starr

On 21 Sep 2005 06:33:48 -0700, "Maggie"
wrote:

You made my day. Good Karma. What you send out comes back to you. I
believe in that. In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says for every
event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was
caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or
unpleasant according to what it was. You send out good karma Mike.

Now lets see if that starts a debate. ;-)

Good Karma,
Maggie

Let me guess? You watched "My Name Is Earl" last night.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old September 22nd 05, 05:28 AM
Michael Press

[...]

The one I use goes one straight kilometer from one road to
another and no other access. Fences on both sides. Ha! I
laugh at your 18mph.

--
Michael Press
Old September 22nd 05, 11:11 AM
Maggie

Jeff Starr wrote:

Let me guess? You watched "My Name Is Earl" last night.

Life is Good!
Jeff

No I didn't, but my son told me about it. He said I would love it. I
am always talking about Karma to my kids. He said to watch that show.
I am going to try to catch it next week. I heard it was funny. I
heard he was trying to fix his Karma or something. Hey, I believe in
it. What you throw out there, will come back....sometimes double and
with a vengence.

;-)

Maggie

Old September 22nd 05, 01:02 PM
Bill

Maggie wrote:
Jeff Starr wrote:

Let me guess? You watched "My Name Is Earl" last night.

Life is Good!
Jeff

No I didn't, but my son told me about it. He said I would love it. I
am always talking about Karma to my kids. He said to watch that show.
I am going to try to catch it next week. I heard it was funny. I
heard he was trying to fix his Karma or something. Hey, I believe in
it. What you throw out there, will come back....sometimes double and
with a vengence.

;-)

Maggie

Maggie,
Your Karma seems just fine if you have been here all along. I took a
vcation and learned not to disagree with some of the self-appointed
experts on here. Not too much, at least.
Hi Jeff and Rich.
Bill Baka

TRIPS FOR KIDS BIKE SWAP & SALE SATURDAY JUNE 25 Trips for Kids Recumbent Biking 1 June 15th 05 09:09 AM
Truss instead of tube in bicycle frame? Rado bladteth Rzeznicki Techniques 55 November 7th 04 07:37 AM
Bolt-on kid's bikes DaveB Australia 14 February 5th 04 07:21 PM
Which bike for a 7yo? [email protected] General 22 December 3rd 03 10:33 PM
Do they Make Kids Road Bikes Privatelife General 10 July 24th 03 01:20 PM