Another benefit of wearing a helmet...

Old January 24th 15, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Doe[_3_]

Default Another benefit of wearing a helmet...

Helps when I'm around my bike before entering or after exiting the
store. People are more likely to know that it belongs to me and that I'm
not messing with it.
Old January 25th 15, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 6:00:27 PM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:
Helps when I'm around my bike before entering or after exiting the
store. People are more likely to know that it belongs to me and that I'm
not messing with it.

nnnn

you should wear a helmet, no question.
Old January 25th 15, 01:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/24/2015 5:59 PM, John Doe wrote:
Helps when I'm around my bike before entering or after exiting the
store. People are more likely to know that it belongs to me and that I'm
not messing with it.

That's helmets for you. Solving nonexistent problems every day!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 25th 15, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 22:59:53 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Helps when I'm around my bike before entering or after exiting the
store. People are more likely to know that it belongs to me and that I'm
not messing with it.

You might do better if you get rid of the black ski mask and burglar
tools.

Actually, there may be another problem. If people suspect that
someone like you couldn't possibly own such a nice bicycle, I would
suspect that your personal appearance is somewhat lacking. You might
consider hiring a personal image consultant. Looking like a bicycle
thief is not a good idea.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old January 25th 15, 05:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 20:41:37 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 1/24/2015 5:59 PM, John Doe wrote:
Helps when I'm around my bike before entering or after exiting the
store. People are more likely to know that it belongs to me and that I'm
not messing with it.

That's helmets for you. Solving nonexistent problems every day!

Wrong again Frank. Helmets have solved several insolvency problems for
a number of foam box makers :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old January 25th 15, 05:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

wrote:
Helps when I'm around my bike before entering or after exiting the
store. People are more likely to know that it belongs to me and that
I'm not messing with it.

Stupid looking bike shoes that make one walk like a spastic duck and
clack-clack-clack throughout the store also have the same benefit.

Seriously, though, why the hell do expensive bike shoes always look like
cheap rental bowling shoes or clown shoes? Does anyone think those
things actually look cool?
Old January 25th 15, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

wrote:
: Helps when I'm around my bike before entering or after exiting the
: store. People are more likely to know that it belongs to me and that
: I'm not messing with it.

:Stupid looking bike shoes that make one walk like a spastic duck and
:clack-clack-clack throughout the store also have the same benefit.

:Seriously, though, why the hell do expensive bike shoes always look like
:cheap rental bowling shoes or clown shoes? Does anyone think those
:things actually look cool?

So, several years ago, on a ride in SW michigan, I was struggling up a
hill, when I got passed by a guy in clown shoes. As I wrote elsewhere
at the time:

I got passed by a guy while riding today. That's not that weird; I'm not
exactly a racer-boy. However, I don't expect to get passed by guys in
clown suits. I'm not talking team kit clown suits; I mean
mother****ing-Bozo-the-Clown suits. Wig. Nose. Floppy trousers.
Big shoes. On a mother****ing Felt carbon fiber racing bike. Who the
**** makes cleated clown shoes? and how the **** do you ride in a
fake nose?

My first thought was it's not hot enough to be hallucinating, "someone's
put lsd in mAy bottle!" My second thought was I can't get droped by
this Bozo. I almost caught up, but that clown could climb better than
I can.

That was weird.

--
sig 119
Old January 25th 15, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

wrote:
[...]

LOL! A story like from the old days of rec.bike. Thanks, man!
Old January 25th 15, 10:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
Helps when I'm around my bike before entering or after exiting the
store. People are more likely to know that it belongs to me and that
I'm not messing with it.

Stupid looking bike shoes that make one walk like a spastic duck and
clack-clack-clack throughout the store also have the same benefit.

Seriously, though, why the hell do expensive bike shoes always look like
cheap rental bowling shoes or clown shoes? Does anyone think those
things actually look cool?

cooool

http://rubies.com/images/worldwide/xl/17309xl.jpg
Old January 25th 15, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

OUAT I would be passed, in the oppo direction by the

http://hotdoggerblog.com/wp-content/...enermobile.jpg