Thermal Tights

Old February 26th 19, 12:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Thermal Tights

I bought a set of the Thermal tights off of Ebay. They were cheap Chinese but they aren't made for very cold weather like my Nashbar one's that were destroyed in my crash when the Michelin popped off of the rim a couple of weeks ago.

I looked around and tried to buy some Pearl Izumi since that is a trustworthy brand. But apparently they only make them in the fall and then sell them out until the following fall and they were out.

I no longer trust the European brands which are higher quality but their sizing is pure guesswork.

So looking further I discovered RockBros. They don't exactly describe these as "thermal tights" but as thermal pants.

I just received them. They were REALLY cheap, included shipping and are warehoused in the USA so it was USPS delivery of less than a week. I don't know if I would exactly classify them as "tights" but they are certainly a lot more wind proof and thicker thermal material. It will be raining for the next week here so I won't have a chance to test them for awhile.

The damn things have zipper close pockets! Now there's nothing I'm going to put in the pockets of thermal tights but some people might want to put a tenner in there for the off occasion. Remember to remove it before washing.

The RockBros gloves I use are better than most of the other winter gloves and I expect these to work well too.

I'll keep you informed.

Old February 26th 19, 12:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 6:00:25 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

Go to a running shoe store and buy a set of running pants that are tight fit. They will last longer and be better than anything you can find. I have set of Saucony running pants pretty think and with a set of base layer long underwear you can ride down pretty cold. The only issue is the wind otherwise you will be warm

Deacon Mark

Old February 26th 19, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 4:09:45 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

At the local athletic equipment store running tights were $100 whereas I think that the RockBros were $28. And I do not like to buy underlayers for your legs. If you're out on a long ride and it hits midday temperatures that wouldn't bother you with thermal tights you can really sweat into them. The continuous washing wears them out rapidly.
Old February 26th 19, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 4:36:39 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/25/2019 6:00 PM, wrote:
[...]

Why? Nothing in your laundry process is going to affect US
currency. Except maybe wash out some of the cocaine:

https://www.livescience.com/5648-mon...d-cocaine.html

It takes a couple of washings but it does break American cash down. I have discovered $5 pieces in the zipper pockets of my jacket which I wash regularly.
Hell, for that matter where do you think the holes in Levi jeans used to come from?