RTL: Suffering any after-effects?

Old June 24th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

Default RTL: Suffering any after-effects?

Hm... well, I felt and still do feel fine after the race... But I've
noticed today and today that I am now having some sort of allergic skin
reaction to some of the clothes I wore. The cotton RTL tshirt and the
polyester jersey (both clean and washed) have made my skin go red,
bumpy and itchy on my abdomin and arms. It clears away a while after I
take my shirt off. I have no idea what is causing this because as far
as I have known until now, I have never been allergic to anything.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti

Mikefule wrote:
As an alternative hypothesis of equal validity, God did not design us to
ride unicycles.

Old June 24th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
chuckaeronut

My worst side effect is the new ease with which I can pedal my geared
uni. I don't even really think about going fast, and I'm cruising
around town at 17-19 mph between stoplights! Riding that hard all week
really made us better riders over all, I think. Plus, my appetite is
AWESOME, and I'm finally starting to wake up a bit and not be so
sleepy!

That said, RTL will forever be etched into all of our memories. It was
truly a blast. w00t!

Oh, and ++; about the bug bites.

--
chuckaeronut

Uni to work, work to eat, eat to live, live to uni.
Old June 26th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Texacali23

I finally got back to Austin, Texas where the weather is a comfortable
100 degrees. 36 degrees celcius. As soon as I got off the plane and
felt the heat I knew I was home and immediately wanted to go ride. I
went for a ride the past two days and it just confirmed that I feel at
home on the 36er. I love riding around town. I got half way through my
ride and realized that I could slow down because Personal Rollercoaster
wasn't chasing me. I had a big laugh from that one. It was an honor to
meet and ride with Steveyo. You pushed me all week long and for that I
thank you. RTL just solidified in my mind that the 36er is my passion
and I just love putting on the headphones and taking off. Since RTL my
biggest side effect is that nothing can bother me so far. I'm loving
life and having fun for the first time in a while and I owe it to RTL.
Thanks to everyone I met and everyone I got to ride with. I can't wait
to go ride this afternoon. Another 100 degree day. Yeah!!!

Aj

--
Texacali23
Old June 26th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

Texacali23 wrote:
...I got half way through my ride and realized that I could slow down
because Personal Rollercoaster wasn't chasing me. I had a big laugh
from that one. It was an honor to meet and ride with Steveyo. You
pushed me all week long and for that I thank you...

LOL! The pleasure was mine.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
Old June 26th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

Texacali23 wrote:
...ride with Steveyo. You pushed me all week long...

Anyway, I wouldn't have been chasing you if you didn't keep passing me.