Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________ ylojceq

Old November 26th 04, 06:04 AM
Howard Kveck

In article t,
"Tom Kunich" wrote:

You have to ask yourself why we ended up with a man in the Oval Office who
was running against a man whose picture is posted in the Ho Chi Minh City
War Museum in the hall of "Heroes of the Revolution".

"While the museum clearly honors opponents of the war from America and
other countries, it is not clear that the photo of Mr.Kerry is part of that
tribute. The picture of the senator hangs among a set of photos devoted to
the restoration of diplomatic relations between America and Vietnam in the
1990s.

****It was apparently taken as Mr. Kerry took part in a delegation
President Clinton sent to Hanoi in 1993. Other photos nearby show visits
during that period by former American officials who played key roles in the
Vietnam War, including a Navy admiral who has since died, Elmo Zumwalt, and
a defense secretary, Robert McNamara. A secretary of state during Mr.
Clintonıs term, Warren Christopher, is also shown meeting Vietnamese
officials."

From the New York Sun:
http://tinyurl.com/6lvbh

Those who don't know me probably think that I'm a Conservative Republican.
Actually I'm a Kennedy Liberal Democrat.

(Snicker...)

--
tanx,
Howard

"You ain't having fun until you're dialing 911"
Atomic 7

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old November 26th 04, 06:42 AM
Howard Kveck

In article t,
"Tom Kunich" wrote:

Look, perhaps you'd like to ignore the fact that so many of Clinton's
associates died under very strange circumstances (explain why Ron Brown's
body was cremated so rapidly when the investigation of his death was
incomplete and there were suggestions that a /45 caliber bullet hole had
entered his head from directly above?)

From the supplied Snopes link (that you apparently ignored):

"What "new evidence"? Ron Brown and 34 others were killed in a plane crash
in Croatia on 3 April 1996. The plane slammed into a mountain while on
landing approach. There were no survivors.

A lot has been made of an x-ray of Brown's skull in which what looks like
a round entry wound appears. Closer examination of Brown's skull by
military officials revealed no bullet, no bone fragments, no metal
fragments and, even more telling, no exit wound.

Simply imagining a scenario under which Ron Brown could have been shot
takes one into the realm of the absurd. Was he shot in the head during the
flight, in full view of thirty-four other witnesses? (If so, how did they
get off the plane?) Did the killers shoot him before the flight, then
bundle his body into a seat (just like "Weekend at Bernie's") and hope
nobody noticed the gaping hole in his head? Or did Croatian commandos
fortuitously appear on the scene to scale a mountain and pump a bullet into
the head of an already-dead plane crash victim?"

The circumstances surrounding Vince Foster were so weird that anyone that
followed it would have been pushing for a Grand Jury investigation.

The idea that a bunch of law enforcement and other official agencies
would be able to coordinate a cover-up of that is really stretching
believability. The scene of an occurance like that is soon crawling with
people securing and investigating - do you really believe that not one went
home and told his or her spouse that they'd seen something wierd? People
like to talk about things they're involved in - especially events that
involve people of note (like someone in government). Chances of a cover-up
involving as many people as were there is as unlikely as a cover-up of an
alien being at Area 51.

As for the "Mena Massacre" perhaps you ought to read about that one
yourself. Remembering that there were eye witnesses who put close Clinton
associates there and the missing boys being held by them.

I did read about it in one of the very rare links you've provided. In
fact, you rather proudly pointed out that it was on a site that could
hardly be called "conservative". The story was done by Insight Magazine,
which is published by Rev. Moon's Washington Times group. But the link you
provided went to a site run by a journalism prof. at UC Northridge (as I
recall). It was there as an example of *bad journalism*. Once again, chock
full o' innuendo and supposition. Nothing conclusive about it. Tom, those
kids tried to rip off some cocaine dealers and got caught by them. Drug
dealers are not known for their benevolence in situations like that. Ergo,
the kids end up dead. Go to the Snopes article and read items 22 through
29. It'll explain many things.

And how was it that Hillary's missing legal files turned up in the trunk of
a car that was about to be compressed into a bail of steel?

Searching on this reveals page after page of links to all kinds of
conspiracy theory sites, and almost all of them quote the same article that
is a product of one of Richard Mellon Scaife's projects. Sorry, but the
Arkansas Project doesn't really count as a credible source to me.

There wasn't hardly a day that went by when something REALLY strange didn't
happen in the Clinton administration and there are still people today
unwilling to admit that.

That's because there are plenty of people who aren't true believers in
the idea that the Clintons are the most evil people in the US.

Old November 26th 04, 06:56 AM
Edward Dike, III

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
k.net...
| "Tim McNamara" wrote in message
| May you all have good food and good digestion on this day of gratitude
| for the plentitude of resources bestowed upon Americans. And have a
| thought or two for sharing those benefits with those who don't have
| the same easy access to them.
|
| And say thanks to America's farmers- who posted an average annual loss
| of almost $2500 per farm in Iowa last year, which was a significant
| improvement compared to average losses of $7500 in 2002. Without
| them, we'd all be hungry today.
|
| We live in the most free society in the world. This society has been under
| assault from politicians and bureaucrats for the last 70 years since they
| managed to get control of the American pocketbook.
|
| They have convinced over half of this population that the government owes
| them a living while at the same time rifling their wallets and threatening
| them with jail if they don't pay half of everything they earn to the
| government.
|
| We have gotten appeals and Supreme Court justices who have invented
| "freedoms" not written in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. In the
| end can only reduce the freedoms of those in this country.
|
| This Thanksgiving I hope everyone here is well fed, well kept and well
| altogether. Next time you think about the government of this country think
| about this - if the press had reported on John F. Kennedy as they did on
| Bush he would NEVER have been elected to office. That goes one
hundred-fold
| for Lyndon Johnson. But those men were elected and the vast majority of
this
| country supported them as Presidents.
|
| You have to ask yourself why we ended up with a man in the Oval Office who
| was running against a man whose picture is posted in the Ho Chi Minh City
| War Museum in the hall of "Heroes of the Revolution". If that was the best
| that the Democrats could do I suggest that we need a change in the
| leadership of that party post haste. And I don't mean Howard Dean.
|
| Those who don't know me probably think that I'm a Conservative Republican.
| Actually I'm a Kennedy Liberal Democrat. But what I've seen will keep me
| voting Republican for a great long while into the future unless something
| drastic changes.
|
| When Al Gore attacked Bob Kerrey it should have ended up turning the
| Democrats against the Liberals and it didn't. What exactly will make the
| needed changes?

"...Actually I'm a Kennedy Liberal Democrat...."

Those are typically called 'Republicans now

"...But what I've seen will keep me
voting Republican for a great long while into the future unless something
drastic changes..."

As one local former Democrat said:
"I didn't leave the party, the party left me..."

ED3

Old November 26th 04, 06:56 AM
Edward Dike, III

Old November 26th 04, 11:24 PM
Doug Reese

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message nk.net...
"Doug Reese" wrote in message
m...

I mentioned this earlier (to you?), but O'Neill never spent a day on a
Swift Boat with ay of Kerry's crew.

John O'Neill took command of the PCF 94 which was John Kerry's boat after
Kerry departed. Since that is a matter of record why are you arguing
otherwise?

I am not arguing that O'Neill took over Kerry's boat. He did just
that, a month or two after Kerry left.

I am saying that what the person I was replying to said, and you
deleted, was that O'Neill didn't serve on Kerry's boat with any of
Kerry's crew. He had his own crew, and did not serve with anyone who
served on Kerry's boat with Kerry.

Muderous actions towards Vietnamese? Would you care to elaborate?

For one thing there was the sampam incident where Kerry's actions led
to a fishing sampam which was coming in late to be fired upon by his crew
killing the men and boys on board and only by luck leaving the woman holding
a baby alive. He lied to cover it up and then lied several other times about
this incident changing the story each time.

"Critically important is the fact that Kerry filed a phony after-action
operations report concealing the fact that a young child had been killed
during the attack and inventing a fleeing squad of Viet Cong."

Also:

"George Bates, an officer in Coastal Division 11, participated in
numerous actions with Kerry in January 1969 through March 1969. In Bates
view, Kerry was a coward who overreacted with deadly force to protect
himself when he felt threatened. Bates, a retired Navy captain, believed
that Kerry treated the South Vietnamese in an almost criminal manner.

Bates is haunted by a particular patrol with Kerry on the Song Bo De
River in the first part of 1969. With Kerry in the lead, the boats
approached a small hamlet with three or four grass huts. Pigs and chickens
were milling about peacefully. As the boats drew closer the villagers fled.
There were no political symbols or flags in evidence in the tiny village. It
was obvious to Bates that the existing policies, decency and good sense
required the boats to simply move on.

Instead Kerry beached his boat directly in the small settlement. Upon
his command, the numerous small animals were slaughtered by heavy machine
gun fire. Acting more like a pirate than a naval officer, Kerry disembarked
and ran around with a Zippo lighter, burning up the entire hamlet."

Come on, most of this is public record. Why do you think that Kerry wouldn't
release his complete military records?

Public record? Because it's in Unfit for Command? Come on, indeed!

Let's discuss the portion of Unfit for Command where I am quoted
(well, not quoted, but what I said was used, as they avoided quoting
me so they could avoid stating the source) and you'll see why.

If it's in that book, I would tend not to believe it.

Misrepresentation, omission of certain facts, and spin -- that's the
order of the day for Unfit for Command.

Let's take some quotes from your reply, and deal with them one-by-one:

1. "In Bates view, Kerry was a coward who overreacted with deadly
force to protect himself when he felt threatened."

Reading that sentence, it sounds like Kerry did what I, and just about
every guy in combat did. It's what you do when you're in a war.

I felt threatened on Feb 28, 1969 (in the midst of Kerry's Silver Star
incident), and I shot the guy. He wasn't aiming his gun at me, or
anyone else for that matter, but I shot him as he ran away (See if you
can find that in Unfit for Command).

2. "George Bates, an officer in Coastal Division 11, participated in
numerous actions with Kerry in January 1969 through March 1969."

That tells me something about Bates. During that time period, all, or
nearly all, of those operations were in Nam Can District -- but I'll
get to that later.

I am aware of an operation on Feb. 28. I know Bates wasn't there. I
was.

I am aware of an operation in early March (late Feb?) where Kerry
spent a day going to/from the village of Dong Cung, ferrying supplies
for a Seal Team that was going to be based in the village. I think
Bates wasn't there. I was.

I am aware of an operation on March 13. I know Bates wasn't there. I
was.

I am aware of no other operations Kerry went on in March. This isn't
to say there weren't any, just that I can't find anywhere that there
were any other operations. (Unlike Unfit for Command, I do my best not
to spin and/or bs my way around when I'm not really sure as to what
I'm talking about.)

Bottom line, I think it's more likely that the "numerous actions"
January through March, were probably just January and February. And as
for them being "numerous", I doubt it. Not because I know they weren't
numerous, but because I haven't seen Bates' name mentioned in any of
the three books (I have all three) that deal with Kerry and Vietnam
except for the single excerpt you cited from Unfit for Command, which
is the only excerpt about Bates. I would venture a guess that Unfit
for Command is doing their usual misrepresenting thingy. I'd be
interested, and surprised, to learn if Bates was out with Kerry more
than 3-4 times.

3. "Bates, a retired Navy captain, believed that Kerry treated the
South Vietnamese in an almost criminal manner."

As I said earlier, the time period mentioned has Kerry and Bates in
Nam Can District, the southernmost district in all of Vietnam.

There was only one "friendly" outpost/village in that entire district,
something that was unique in Vietnam. There were about 6-9 Americans
(the number varied) in that place, a village called Dong Cung, which
was incorrectly called "Cai Nuoc" in Tour of Duty.

I was one of those Americans. Another was Bill H., who lived in Dong
Cung for 15 months, longer by far than any other American.

Bill was the district senior advisor, the counterpart to Capt. Le Ngoc
Hy, the chief of Nam Can District. One good thing about all this
nonsense about Kerry was that it caused Bill to find me after all
these years -- 35 years, to be exact.

Bill and I have been comparing memories about our time together over
these past 8-9 months, including some of these incidents that have now
become rather famous. We also discussed this claim of Kerry running
around the countryside killing civilians, setting villages on fire,
etc.

Strangely enough, Bill never heard a word about any of this from Capt.
Hy. And people -- Vietnamese civilians in the district -- DID complain
about things to Capt. Hy. However nothing like the claims in Unfit for
Command was ever told to Bill by Capt. Hy. I wonder why that is --
perhaps because nothing like that ever happened?

Doug

Old November 27th 04, 12:15 AM
qtq

Tom Kunich wrote:
And yet I've NEVER known anyone but one Air Force sargeant to have

shot
himself.
How many of your acquaintances shot themselves or were shot?

I'm not sure where you get your data from, but suicide is one of the
leading overall causes of death, and definitely a leading one in the
18-50 age group.

http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/librar...lltoaction.htm

Even here in the land of gun control, I know people who have shot
themselves. It's extremely common.

Old November 27th 04, 02:36 AM
TBGibb

In article , Howard Kveck
writes:

The circumstances surrounding Vince Foster were so weird that anyone that
followed it would have been pushing for a Grand Jury investigation.

The idea that a bunch of law enforcement and other official agencies
would be able to coordinate a cover-up of that is really stretching
believability. The scene of an occurance like that is soon crawling with
people securing and investigating - do you really believe that not one went
home and told his or her spouse that they'd seen something wierd? People
like to talk about things they're involved in - especially events that
involve people of note (like someone in government). Chances of a cover-up
involving as many people as were there is as unlikely as a cover-up of an
alien being at Area 51.

You are missing the point. Foster's body was found with a bullet hole in his
head. There were no bits of brain or bullet fragments found by it. A
subsequent re-examination of the park turned up lots of old bits of metal but
no bullet fragments. Conclusion: the bullet entered his head while he was at
some other location and then his body was transported to the park. Even if it
was indeed an "off site" suicide the transport of the body would have been a
crime. And such a transportation would have to be done to cover something up,
but the crime scene investigators would not have to be a part of it.

As Foster was leaving the Clinton administration for vauge personal reasons it
would be well worth while to investigate just why he was leaving and if perhaps
what he knew that would compromise the administration.

Tom Gibb