[VIC] Amy's Ride

Old October 11th 05, 12:34 AM
craigster_jd

Default [VIC] Amy's Ride

Picked up a flyer for this in the LBS yesterday - thought some people
may be interested....

"Ride with the Stars" of the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic
Saturday 7 January 2006

Three ride options: 120k/45k/5k
Start: 10:00 to 11:00 Geelong Botanic Gardens
Entry: $58 (includes jersey, wristband, bidon and cap - first 500
entrants receive a stopwatch)

$10 from each entry goes to the Amy Gillett Foundation

Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

--
craigster_jd

Old October 11th 05, 01:00 AM
GPLama

sounds awesome - thanks for the heads up craigster!

(doesn't look like their domain is setup yet.. let me just register that and
start phishing.. anyone have a spare $140?)

cheers,
GPL
:morals? bah, I'll donate $10 to the foundation from everyone's CC:

Old October 11th 05, 01:43 AM
cfsmtb

Ta muchly for the info!

--
cfsmtb

Old October 11th 05, 02:39 AM
Humbug

On 11/10/05 at 09:34:34 craigster_jd somehow managed to type:

snip

Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

Ta for the heads up - with any sort of good fortune I should make it.

--
Humbug

Old October 11th 05, 03:05 AM
MikeyOz

craigster_jd Wrote:
Picked up a flyer for this in the LBS yesterday - thought some people
may be interested....

"Ride with the Stars" of the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic
Saturday 7 January 2006

Three ride options: 120k/45k/5k
Start: 10:00 to 11:00 Geelong Botanic Gardens
Entry: $58 (includes jersey, wristband, bidon and cap - first 500
entrants receive a stopwatch)

$10 from each entry goes to the Amy Gillett Foundation

Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

that does sound pretty cool actually.... might have to give that one a
go... a bit sad how on $10 goes to the foundation though... if they did
not give you anything... imagine how much more money could go to the
foundation.

--
MikeyOz

Old October 11th 05, 04:25 AM
Bleve

Default Amy's Ride

MikeyOz wrote:
craigster_jd Wrote:
Picked up a flyer for this in the LBS yesterday - thought some people
may be interested....

"Ride with the Stars" of the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic
Saturday 7 January 2006

Three ride options: 120k/45k/5k
Start: 10:00 to 11:00 Geelong Botanic Gardens
Entry: $58 (includes jersey, wristband, bidon and cap - first 500
entrants receive a stopwatch)

$10 from each entry goes to the Amy Gillett Foundation

Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

that does sound pretty cool actually.... might have to give that one a
go... a bit sad how on $10 goes to the foundation though... if they did
not give you anything... imagine how much more money could go to the
foundation.

you can always just donate $50 to them, if you'd prefer.

Old October 11th 05, 04:57 AM
alison_b

MikeyOz Wrote:
that does sound pretty cool actually.... might have to give that one a
go... a bit sad how on $10 goes to the foundation though... if they did
not give you anything... imagine how much more money could go to the
foundation.

Perhaps the goodies are being donated? Businesses may donate goods to
sponsor an event where they wouldn't give the cash. In turn it will
make the event more attractive to people considering entering...

cheers,
Ali

--
alison_b

Old October 11th 05, 05:31 AM
MikeyOz

Bleve Wrote:
MikeyOz wrote:
craigster_jd Wrote:
Picked up a flyer for this in the LBS yesterday - thought some

people
may be interested....

"Ride with the Stars" of the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic
Saturday 7 January 2006

Three ride options: 120k/45k/5k
Start: 10:00 to 11:00 Geelong Botanic Gardens
Entry: $58 (includes jersey, wristband, bidon and cap - first 500
entrants receive a stopwatch)

$10 from each entry goes to the Amy Gillett Foundation

Enter at www.amysride.com.au from 16 October.

that does sound pretty cool actually.... might have to give that one

go... a bit sad how on $10 goes to the foundation though... if they

did
not give you anything... imagine how much more money could go to the
foundation.

you can always just donate $50 to them, if you'd prefer.

hmmm I never realised I came across so stupid in my posts.... thanks!

maybe I would really like the opportunity to ride with professional
riders, just not donate $48 to something other than the foundation,
that is a fair chunk of money, out of $58 dollars, council, insurance,
the pros... hmm maybe I could just donate $50 to the foundation
instead.

--
MikeyOz

Old October 11th 05, 09:51 AM
GPLama

Registrant: Knapp Communications Pty Limited
Registrant ID: ABN 51073514342

Looks like cyclingnews.com did the job today...

cheers,
GPL