Unicycle Tricks Compared To Skateboarding Tricks

Old March 20th 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Unicycle Tricks Compared To Skateboarding Tricks

talkin about the sex change in "any artists here" thread got me thinkin,

there seems to be some relevance with skate tricks and uni tricks, and
wat tricks compare to what uni tricks!!

like the uni hop is like an ollie, and i think the crankflip is like a
kickflip!

what other tricks do u think r similar to skateboarding tricks?

for example: 'Crankflip'
(http://munimanpete.unicyclist.com/st...htm#crankflips) ----
'Kickflip' (http://tinyurl.com/7qdxp)

no need for links tho hehe unless u want them

--
trials2k

One Wheel, One Foot, Why Not !!?? **
trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

Old March 20th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Grinding - Grinding

Any skateboard stall - Pedal/Crank Grab

Body Varial - Body Varial

Shove-it* - Unispin

*i'm not completely sure what a shove-it looks like so i'm not sure on
that one.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
I am an MRian prophet, follower of 768
dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

Old March 20th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

if you havent noticed, shaun names almost all of the unicycle tricks
after skateboarding tricks. so most of the flipping tricks are also
skateboarding tricks.

--
obscene_suggestions

I'm going to kill two birds with one gun
obscene_suggestions's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11853

Old March 20th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Kickflips are easy crankflips are waaay hard

Mike

--
swarbrim

add me at

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

Old March 20th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

You are right about the shove-it. I want to add
180 flip = 180 flip
casper (as a manual) = seat push/drag.
indy = tire grab
If we are doing this proper though we should also be using BMX names
Saran wrap = seat wrap (not sure about the uni name)
Decade = body varial
Manual = one foot
Also, no offense but I would bet this thread has been done a few times
already.

--
koebwil

"I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

Old March 20th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

koebwil wrote:

Manual = one foot

manual = coasting

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old March 20th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

You'll like this check it
Unitrick names - Skatetrick names

Crankflip - Kickflip
Backcrank - Heelflip
Hickflip - Varialflip
Varialflip - Bigflip
(Hating it yet)
Blind Hickflip - Hardflip
Outbackflip - Varial Healflip
Sex Change - Sex Change
Varialbackcrank - Laserflip
Doubleflip - Doubleflip
180 flip - Backside flip, or frontside flip
Treyflip - 360flip
360flip - 360 kickflip (frontside, or backside)
Inward smallflip - No name in skateboarding, maybe varialflip sex
change
180 backcrank - Backside heelflip, or frontside heelflip
360 backcrank - 360 heelflip (frontside, or backside)
Lateflip - Lateflip
Those are all the ones I care to post, but yeah.

-Shaun Johanneson

--
unifreak7

FLIP IT... Twice
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

Old March 20th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

thats pretty cool ....tell the truth ive never related uni tricks to
skate tricks...but it all seems to fit.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

Old March 21st 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

unifreak7 wrote:
[...]

yeah thats well wild Shaun, its ur tricks that i got to thinking that
the tricks compare alot to skating tricks and bmx!!

--
trials2k

One Wheel, One Foot, Why Not !!?? **
trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

pogo unicycle and unicycle pogo! giraffe Unicycling 10 February 11th 06 05:42 PM
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...) leo Unicycling 0 September 14th 05 11:48 PM
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...) forrestunifreak Unicycling 0 July 7th 05 05:34 PM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM