Carrying muni on mtb

Old November 20th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchicken III

Default Carrying muni on mtb

I am looking for a way to attach my muni to the mtb so I can bike around
in the woods scouting for nice muni trails. Any ideas?

--
goldenchicken III
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 20th 07, 11:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

Sorry. Being serious. the only way i have ever managed to carry a Uni
whilst using a bike was to sort of lay it across the handle bars with
the wheel/spokes in one hand and the seat/seatpost in the other. It is
rather Awkward.

--
tobbogonist

July the 2nd 1997, The day that Funk died.
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 20th 07, 11:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

'You could do this as i do it on occasion but instead of wine it can
be your MUni.'
(http://dhawhee.blogs.com/photos/unca...ed/trailer.jpg)

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

ivan wrote:
Its a wild ride, grabs me by the shoe-lace, and doesn't let go till I do
a face-plant.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 20th 07, 11:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchicken III

Hazmat wrote:
'You could do this as i do it on occasion but instead of wine it can
be your MUni.'
(http://dhawhee.blogs.com/photos/unca...ed/trailer.jpg)

Why choose? The trailer looks big enough for both wine and muni.

I already have a trailer (Bob Yak) but it is no good on narrow single
tracks with mud and roots. I would prefer to attach the muni to the
bike. Just laying it across the handle bars does not seem to be a good
option.

--
goldenchicken III
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 20th 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

goldenchicken III wrote:
Why choose? The trailer looks big enough for both wine and muni.

I already have a trailer (Bob Yak) but it is no good on narrow single
tracks with mud and roots. I would prefer to attach the muni to the
bike. Just laying it across the handle bars does not seem to be a good
option.

*1) *oh yeah, it also depends on the type of tyres used on the trailer
as well.
*2) *I know there is a thread on this but i can't seem to find it.

*3) *I wouldn't do that either as it is also a dangerous place to have
it.

Old November 20th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickjb

When I used to ride with my 20" a lot to play hockey I made up a special
seat post for my bike that had a post the same diameter as the uni seat
post sticking out the back. I took off the saddle, clamped the uni to
the bike seatpost on the extra post and held it in place with the uni
seat clamp. I either put the saddle in my bag or bungeed to the top
tube. You might want a chunky seatpost if your muni is heavy. If you
aren't handy with a welder you could probably get the same effect by
strapping a bit of tube to your bike top tube protruding out the back.
That probably isn't very clear and I can't find any pictures.

--
nickjb

*Severn Wheelers.* Bristol's best (and only) unicycle hockey club
Wednesdays, 8:30. All welcome
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 20th 07, 12:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchicken III

nickjb wrote:
When I used to ride with my 20" a lot to play hockey I made up a special
seat post for my bike that had a post the same diameter as the uni seat
post sticking out the back. I took off the saddle, clamped the uni to
the bike seatpost on the extra post and held it in place with the uni
seat clamp. I either put the saddle in my bag or bungeed to the top
tube. You might want a chunky seatpost if your muni is heavy. If you
aren't handy with a welder you could probably get the same effect by
strapping a bit of tube to your bike top tube protruding out the back.
That probably isn't very clear and I can't find any pictures.

No no, it is quite clear to me! My worry is that the weight of the muni
(a KH24) plus the leverage could easily brake the seat post. Especially
when riding on uneven ground.

--
goldenchicken III
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 20th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

i often ride a bike with a KH 24 strapped to my rucksack, it's very
effective

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 20th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joe2005

Ever seen the Ben Turley movie, "Under No Influence?" Google it in
google vid if you havent it's good. Anyways one of the unicyclist
straps his uni to his backpack like Kington suggested, I think this
would be the best solution.

--
Joe2005

nobody knows what happened to that boy after that.-Nutcracker

i know. he was kidnapped by aliens, learnt their ways, stole the
biggest ship he could, travelled back in time by mistake and crashed
the plane on the earth surface. he was the one who killed the
dinosaurs. -ivan
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 20th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

Are the woods so big that you can't ride your Muni around them?

--
jamessd

My videos:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBvnO6wVG0#GU5U2spHI_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkZLQzvf2g
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mtnedg1YS8c
Add me:
http://www.usenet.com

Carrying muni on mtb tobbogonist Unicycling 0 November 20th 07 11:10 AM
Carrying Chancock Unicycling 18 January 29th 07 02:27 PM
Carrying your uni on your bike.... Nugz Unicycling 39 August 30th 06 12:59 AM