Welded up

Old January 25th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

Default Welded up

I went to order a pitfighter post the last week from renegade but there
were all gone. So I talked with Tom for a bit and we decided to try and
weld one of my old ones back together. He did it free of charge and
this is how it turned out

24714

24716

24718

Now to fix one more

24717

|Filename: DSC00438.JPG |

The UniSLAB

skrobo wrote:
yeah drilled koxx scare me

torkerdx wrote:
your funny
but you might get lucky

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 25th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Good luck. I dont see it lasting to long.

--
agentQ

*)--SmallSpin-'O,*
*)---TreFlip-'O,
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 25th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

agentQ wrote:
Good luck. I dont see it lasting to long.

Yeah neither do I, but hey, I didn't have to pay anything so I'll be
happy as long as it holds up until they get more pitfighters.

I'm gonna see if I can get the other one a nice gusset(s) welded to it
by a buddy of mine. Maybe it will work, maybe not its all free so I
don't care

--
The UniSLAB

skrobo wrote:
yeah drilled koxx scare me

torkerdx wrote:
your funny
but you might get lucky

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 25th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rct3

not bad, looks pretty good. it will hold up as long as you dont do any
drops like over 2 foot? maybe

--
rct3
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 25th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

When are they getting more in? Any chance they are gonna be PF2s?

Old January 25th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

The UniSLAB wrote:
I went to order a pitfighter post the last week from renegade but there
were all gone. So I talked with Tom for a bit and we decided to try and
weld one of my old ones back together. He did it free of charge and
this is how it turned out

24714

24716

24718

Now to fix one more

24717

i had the same done to mine with a professional welder and it still
broke the next time i rode it

--
Tyler_N

'my latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dK_TsSoHw0)

JJtheunicycle wrote:
If I had a nickel for every time... I would probably have 1, maybe 2
nickels.

'*ADD ME!!*' (myspace.com/munirider)
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 26th 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Just wanted to add, having a spare seat post is always a good idea. But
having a spare CrMo post around is one of the best things you can do. I
will never go on a uni trip without throwing my steel post into my bag.
Even now with my PF I still will not leave home without a "FRESH"
Aluminum, or my good old trusty CrMo post, or both if its a long trip.

Old January 26th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

agentQ wrote:
Just wanted to add, having a spare seat post is always a good idea. But
having a spare CrMo post around is one of the best things you can do. I
will never go on a uni trip without throwing my steel post into my bag.
Even now with my PF I still will not leave home without a "FRESH"
Aluminum, or my good old trusty CrMo post, or both if its a long trip.

I like that idea. What CrMo post you runin'?

--
The UniSLAB

skrobo wrote:
yeah drilled koxx scare me

torkerdx wrote:
your funny
but you might get lucky

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 26th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

The UniSLAB wrote:
I like that idea. What CrMo post you runin'?

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1020

Cut is down as short as you possibly can to save weight and make for
easier in traveling. Stick in with your tools and such.
Thats one of the pros to having a long neck frame. You can use a Steel
post that has been cut very very short.

Whenever I have some extra cash when ordering a part I need I will get
a couple extra pumpers and handles. I stopped having to buy extra
aluminum posts once I started using the CrMo. Ive been ridding my PF
for a month, no problems thus far. At least I know my 'ol pal CrMo has
got my its back.

Old January 26th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

rct3 wrote:
not bad, looks pretty good. it will hold up as long as you dont do any
drops like over 2 foot? maybe

Drops aren't what ruin seat posts.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://projectuni.com/#lightbox3)-* - Join the 'discussion.'
(http://www.projectuni.com/forum)
http://www.usenet.com