Wooden Bike

Old August 15th 07, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
elyob

Default Wooden Bike

Looks quite nice

http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202...2540&subj=news

Old August 15th 07, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Aug 15, 1:06 pm, elyob wrote:
Looks quite nice

http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202...&tag=6202540&s...

Lovely. Chain looks a bit slack in the 5th shot, maybe he couldn't
figure out how to make a wooden eccentric BB.

Rob

Old August 15th 07, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilD

On Aug 15, 1:06 pm, elyob wrote:
Looks quite nice

http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202...&tag=6202540&s...

Beautifully crafted, and yet kind of ugly at the same time, in my
opinion.

Still, if the owner wants to give it away to me, I would happily give
it a good loving home!

PhilD

Old August 15th 07, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dan Gregory

PhilD wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:06 pm, elyob wrote:
Looks quite nice

http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202...&tag=6202540&s...

Beautifully crafted, and yet kind of ugly at the same time, in my
opinion.

Still, if the owner wants to give it away to me, I would happily give
it a good loving home!

I'd like to try this one!

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/handcraft...vel-289603.php

Old August 15th 07, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilD

On Aug 15, 3:47 pm, Dan Gregory
wrote:
PhilD wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:06 pm, elyob wrote:
Looks quite nice

http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202...&tag=6202540&s...

Beautifully crafted, and yet kind of ugly at the same time, in my
opinion.

Still, if the owner wants to give it away to me, I would happily give
it a good loving home!

I'd like to try this one!

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/handcraft...cycle-replica-...

Imagine having to change the tyre...!

PhilD

Old August 15th 07, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

elyob wrote:

Looks quite nice

does rather

http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202...2540&subj=news

the old bike shop nr where the wheelers meet up for club runs has some
old wooden wheels? difficult to see, though the window.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Old August 15th 07, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Dann

elyob wrote:
Looks quite nice

http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202...2540&subj=news

Looks very nice, but I wooden want one, too heavy, and it
looks fragile, I wooden ride even it if I was given one.

I'll get me coat.
Old August 16th 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark W

On 15 Aug, 13:06, elyob wrote:
Looks quite nice

http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202...&tag=6202540&s...

Oddly enough, was walking back up to King's Cross and the train home
last week (after peering at the recumbents in the BikeFix shop -
again !), trying to figure out how to go about constructing a braced
plywood boxframe 'bent - if Marcos can use it for a lightweight
sportscar chassis - http://www.midlifeclassics.com/marcos.html - then
why not ? At least on the bike you can't set fire to it by fitting the
wrong exhaust :O)

Old August 16th 07, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Mark W wrote:

Oddly enough, was walking back up to King's Cross and the train home
last week (after peering at the recumbents in the BikeFix shop -
again !), trying to figure out how to go about constructing a braced
plywood boxframe 'bent - if Marcos can use it for a lightweight
sportscar chassis - http://www.midlifeclassics.com/marcos.html - then
why not ? At least on the bike you can't set fire to it by fitting the
wrong exhaust :O)

Wobbly John has one built a wooden bent from plans available for $25
from the US. Which reminds me I must dust them off and get a project
started.
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~tali.../recumbent.htm
http://mysite.verizon.net/res88kr1/

Tony
Old August 16th 07, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

In article , Tony Raven wrote:
Mark W wrote:

Oddly enough, was walking back up to King's Cross and the train home
last week (after peering at the recumbents in the BikeFix shop -
again !), trying to figure out how to go about constructing a braced
plywood boxframe 'bent

Wobbly John has one built a wooden bent from plans available for $25
from the US. Which reminds me I must dust them off and get a project
started.
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~tali.../recumbent.htm
http://mysite.verizon.net/res88kr1/

Another version of the same bike he
http://www.manytracks.com/Recumbent/jrobin.htm
(and other wooden ones on http://www.manytracks.com/recumbent.htm)

Wooden frames PiledHigher Australia 0 July 27th 06 12:20 AM
wooden bike [email protected] Techniques 18 July 16th 06 12:22 AM
Kids wooden bike at Lidl - £30 Call me Bob UK 1 June 17th 05 03:49 PM
Wooden Uni Cubby Unicycling 12 April 21st 05 02:00 PM
Wooden rims Chris Hughes Techniques 18 February 16th 05 08:22 PM