Question for cycliists

Old March 31st 18, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Question for cycliists

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

Old March 31st 18, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Probably a visitor to the UK. It happens a lot with cyclists visiting the UK. They either don’t know the rules or they make a wrong turn and find themselves stuck on the motorway. IIRC the Kenyan national team (or some other national team if I’m mistaken) was using the motorway to train on in Manchester during the commonwealth games. Motorways can look very inviting because they have wide smooth hardshoulders.
In quite a few countries you can cycle on motorways, like in Serbia.

I wouldn’t automatically call the person a scumbag. Chill.
Old April 2nd 18, 06:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Probably a visitor to the UK. It happens a lot with cyclists visiting the UK. They either don’t know the rules or they make a wrong turn and find themselves stuck on the motorway. IIRC the Kenyan national team (or some other national team if I’m mistaken) was using the motorway to train on in Manchester during the commonwealth games. Motorways can look very inviting because they have wide smooth hardshoulders.

Even foreigners should be able to find cycling friendly routes nowadays with smart phones.

It's always been easy to cycle into a N. European city but w/o a map you could waste all morning trying to find your way out.

In quite a few countries you can cycle on motorways, like in Serbia.

If there is no other road the emergency lane on certain sections of freeways is open in California.

Old April 1st 18, 01:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 31/03/2018 18:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

It wasn't Doug Bollen, out to make a point about "Hitlerian motorways",
was it?

PS: Is there so little news in the Fylde that the local rag has to send
reportees to South Yorkshire?
Old April 1st 18, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

JNugent wrote:
On 31/03/2018 18:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

It wasn't Doug Bollen, out to make a point about "Hitlerian
motorways", was it?

PS: Is there so little news in the Fylde that the local rag has to
send reportees to South Yorkshire?

Yip, not much happens in the Fylde so the rag picks up on other stories.
The Gazette has always been a crap newspaper. The only reason I look at the
site is because I used to live in Blackpool.

Old April 1st 18, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 5:59:05 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 31/03/2018 18:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

It wasn't Doug Bollen, out to make a point about "Hitlerian
motorways", was it?

PS: Is there so little news in the Fylde that the local rag has to
send reportees to South Yorkshire?

Yip, not much happens in the Fylde so the rag picks up on other stories.
The Gazette has always been a crap newspaper. The only reason I look at the
site is because I used to live in Blackpool.

Don't throw it in the gutter!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...crackdown.html
Old April 1st 18, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

JNugent wrote:
On 31/03/2018 18:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

It wasn't Doug Bollen, out to make a point about "Hitlerian
motorways", was it?

PS: Is there so little news in the Fylde that the local rag has to
send reportees to South Yorkshire?

Yip, not much happens in the Fylde so the rag picks up on other stories..
The Gazette has always been a crap newspaper. The only reason I look at the
site is because I used to live in Blackpool.

Don't throw it in the gutter!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...crackdown.html

We have been told many times that only cyclists drop litter.
We have also been told many times that cyclists are poor and cannot afford £150, so what will happen?

Old April 1st 18, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

JNugent wrote:
On 31/03/2018 18:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

It wasn't Doug Bollen, out to make a point about "Hitlerian
motorways", was it?

PS: Is there so little news in the Fylde that the local rag has to
send reportees to South Yorkshire?

Yip, not much happens in the Fylde so the rag picks up on other stories.
The Gazette has always been a crap newspaper. The only reason I look at the
site is because I used to live in Blackpool.

Don't throw it in the gutter!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...crackdown.html

We have been told many times that only cyclists drop litter.
We have also been told many times that cyclists are poor and cannot afford £150, so what will happen?

QUOTE:
"I'm a cyclist who records and I always send the footage to the relevant people when I see motorist litter louts."
END QUOTE.
Old April 1st 18, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 6:37:58 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

In Bulgaria, horse and carts go on motorways.