Going Rubber

Old January 11th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Det-riot

Default Going Rubber

I know there are many threads kinda like this, but i have a more
specific problem. i have no problem cranck/pedal grabbing, but i cant
go to rubber on MY uni. i have no problems on my pals 20" but i cant
on my 24". we both have nimbus. any advice?

--
Det-riot
Det-riot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13823

Old January 11th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gordito8me

if you can do sif, what I do is I tuck down almost to the point where my
butt is hitting the tire and spring up super duper fast.

--
gordito8me

torker dx here!!!
gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641

Old January 11th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

kick up from it. (not be on the crank/don't use the crank)
be on the pedal and rock the uni up and pull up. (it is a rocking
motion)

--
torkerdx

GILD wrote:
If it was a naked young lady, would we be shouting about sexual
objectification?

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

skrobo wrote:
i would rather ride a brick than have a folding tire

Unicaw89 wrote:
Koxx rapes Torker hard!

torkerdx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12543

Old January 11th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Det-riot

ill do my best. im not the best at sif. can do it igher but less
controal. A LOT less controal. thanks for the advice

Old January 11th 07, 09:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

Det-riot wrote:
ill do my best. im not the best at sif. can do it igher but less
controal. A LOT less controal. thanks for the advice

Yeah, like someone has already said, Plant your pedal on the ledge,
then swing your uni up, using the hub and pedal shaft as pivots. Use
the momentum from the swing to jump up onto the ledge.

If you do it SIF every time you will learn the control. Eventually you
won't even have to think about it, it will come naturally to you.

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"Mmmm, I can smell bread!..........I wonder if thats what you smell
before you die?" - My workmate, Paul

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Old January 11th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

I learned to go to rubber on my 24" just two days ago.
All it takes is some balls and the ability to hop higher than your
crank.
Thanks to my crankgrabbing ability I can now get onto 6 pallets.

Keep practicing.

--
ivan

Read me! thank you.
ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

Old January 11th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

from ur pic it doesnt show very well but if u dont have a 19" uni it is
harder... if u've got a freestly 20" like wot i had its worth at least
getting a tyre like the maxxis max daddy or the onza sticky fingers
20".

But anyways maybe try with a little prehop and just launch into it,
just think that it doesnt matter if u hurt urself.... well it does but
just dont think about that :P

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

Old January 11th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Det-riot wrote:
i have no problems on my pals 20" but i cant on my 24".

Is there much difference in crank length between those two unis?

There's a 2" difference in tire size there. Adding 2" to your hop
shouldn't take much work. If you do a pedal grab instead of a crank
grab you can add 2" and then some with very little work... swinging the
uni as others have suggested will make all the difference.

It sounds like balance is your problem. The best advice for this is to
practice more!

Good luck! Tell us how you get along!

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

Old January 11th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Practice, practice, practice. You'll eventually get it. Pedal to rubber
is definitely tougher on a 24. Having a strong SIF hop really helps.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763

Going Rubber Borgschulze Unicycling 1 January 11th 07 03:45 AM
Road Rubber... GPLama Australia 18 August 16th 05 02:12 PM
MKS rubber pedals - where to buy? dan_s Techniques 1 August 12th 05 05:07 PM
OK They are not rubber suits Maggie General 14 November 2nd 04 09:31 PM
"Vee Rubber" - distributors? Stephen Spicer Australia 2 September 19th 03 02:46 PM