A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Carpocalypse



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old March 14th 19, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,259
Default Carpocalypse

On 14/03/2019 07:01, TMS320 wrote:
I only suggested what will happen when/if we wipe ourselves out. People
talk about "saving the planet". That is the bull**** bit - the planet
will save itself.


Yes the planet will save itself, probably by wiping out most of the
human race through war or pestilence.
To make a difference to global warming we have to reduce emissions by
over 75%.
This will simply not happen if the population is nearly 8B and growing.
We have to find a humane way of getting the population of the world to
fall to 2B or less
Telling everyone to reduce their emissions by 75% by going back to the
stone age simply will not happen.
Ads
  #32  
Old March 14th 19, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,259
Default Carpocalypse

On 14/03/2019 07:06, Commander Kinsey wrote:
because you're stupid.


Amazing the way to stoop to personal insults.

Why do people insult others?
An insult can be interpreted as an attempt to reduce the social status
of the recipient and raise the relative status of the insulter.

If that logic is correct, we can assume that insults are often motivated
by anger surrounding issues of status insecurity.
  #33  
Old March 14th 19, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,730
Default Carpocalypse

On 14/03/2019 10:02, Peter Keller wrote:
On 14/03/2019 07:01, TMS320 wrote:
I only suggested what will happen when/if we wipe ourselves out. People
talk about "saving the planet". That is the bull**** bit - the planet
will save itself.


Yes the planet will save itself, probably by wiping out most of the
human race through war or pestilence.
To make a difference to global warming we have to reduce emissions by
over 75%.
This will simply not happen if the population is nearly 8B and growing.
We have to find a humane way of getting the population of the world to
fall to 2B or less
Telling everyone to reduce their emissions by 75% by going back to the
stone age simply will not happen.


Yes, some want to think that altering the atmosphere does not have
consequences. Even if they try to argue that GW is not one of the
consequences.
  #34  
Old March 14th 19, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46
Default Carpocalypse

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:55:25 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/03/2019 00:41, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 23:41:42 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 13/03/2019 19:27, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:02:06 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

What opinion have I expressed that is in, your opinion, ****ed up? You
seem to be trying to be, and failing, a mind reader like Nugent.

This:
"When we have wiped ourselves
out the planet will still be a rock in space and bacteria and
fungus will evolve to clean up the mess we made."

Very well.

You claim there is no warming effect due to human action. It's a point
of view.


There might be, but it will be negligible compared to the natural
cycles. And it won't cause harm since it'll just put us back to where
we were - it's common sense.

There are many other ways of wiping ourselves out than digging
carbon out of the ground.


But the treehuggers only concentrate on that one, which won't wipe
anything out.


"it'll just put us back to where we were". But we weren't there. Like
many of the modern plants, animals and insects that we rely on.


You'd be surprised how quickly things adapt.
  #35  
Old March 14th 19, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,730
Default Carpocalypse

On 14/03/2019 12:44, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:55:25 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/03/2019 00:41, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 23:41:42 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 13/03/2019 19:27, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:02:06 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

What opinion have I expressed that is in, your opinion, ****ed up?
You
seem to be trying to be, and failing, a mind reader like Nugent.

This:
"When we have wiped ourselves
out the planet will still be a rock in space and bacteria and
fungus will evolve to clean up the mess we made."

Very well.

You claim there is no warming effect due to human action. It's a point
of view.

There might be, but it will be negligible compared to the natural
cycles.* And it won't cause harm since it'll just put us back to where
we were - it's common sense.

There are many other ways of wiping ourselves out than digging
carbon out of the ground.

But the treehuggers only concentrate on that one, which won't wipe
anything out.


"it'll just put us back to where we were". But we weren't there. Like
many of the modern plants, animals and insects that we rely on.


You'd be surprised how quickly things adapt.


There are two things in your statement. One is an assumption about me,
the other concerns the pace of evolution.

Whatever, nothing changes the fact that if we weren't there in the first
place the only way it is physically possible to go back there is to turn
into compost. That is one remarkably quick adaptation.

  #36  
Old March 14th 19, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46
Default Carpocalypse

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:21:56 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/03/2019 12:44, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:55:25 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/03/2019 00:41, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 23:41:42 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 13/03/2019 19:27, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:02:06 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

What opinion have I expressed that is in, your opinion, ****ed up?
You
seem to be trying to be, and failing, a mind reader like Nugent.

This:
"When we have wiped ourselves
out the planet will still be a rock in space and bacteria and
fungus will evolve to clean up the mess we made."

Very well.

You claim there is no warming effect due to human action. It's a point
of view.

There might be, but it will be negligible compared to the natural
cycles. And it won't cause harm since it'll just put us back to where
we were - it's common sense.

There are many other ways of wiping ourselves out than digging
carbon out of the ground.

But the treehuggers only concentrate on that one, which won't wipe
anything out.

"it'll just put us back to where we were". But we weren't there. Like
many of the modern plants, animals and insects that we rely on.


You'd be surprised how quickly things adapt.


There are two things in your statement. One is an assumption about me,
the other concerns the pace of evolution.


WTF? I made one statement, that evolution is faster than you think.

Whatever, nothing changes the fact that if we weren't there in the first
place the only way it is physically possible to go back there is to turn
into compost. That is one remarkably quick adaptation.


Er no. Animals and plants were both very much alive then, not just compost.
  #37  
Old March 14th 19, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,730
Default Carpocalypse

On 14/03/2019 13:29, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:21:56 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/03/2019 12:44, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:55:25 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/03/2019 00:41, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 23:41:42 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 13/03/2019 19:27, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:02:06 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

What opinion have I expressed that is in, your opinion, ****ed up?
You
seem to be trying to be, and failing, a mind reader like Nugent.

This:
"When we have wiped ourselves
out the planet will still be a rock in space and bacteria and
fungus will evolve to clean up the mess we made."

Very well.

You claim there is no warming effect due to human action. It's a
point
of view.

There might be, but it will be negligible compared to the natural
cycles.* And it won't cause harm since it'll just put us back to where
we were - it's common sense.

There are many other ways of wiping ourselves out than digging
carbon out of the ground.

But the treehuggers only concentrate on that one, which won't wipe
anything out.

"it'll just put us back to where we were". But we weren't there. Like
many of the modern plants, animals and insects that we rely on.

You'd be surprised how quickly things adapt.


There are two things in your statement. One is an assumption about me,
the other concerns the pace of evolution.


WTF?* I made one statement, that evolution is faster than you think.


You have no idea what I think, apart from the words I have written here.
Try it, how fast is evolution - in numerical terms.

Whatever, nothing changes the fact that if we weren't there in the first
place the only way it is physically possible to go back there is to turn
into compost. That is one remarkably quick adaptation.


Er no.* Animals and plants were both very much alive then, not just
compost.


Well, gosh... Do you know what compost is?
Besides, you specifically mentioned "we".

  #38  
Old March 14th 19, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46
Default Carpocalypse

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:38:40 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/03/2019 13:29, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:21:56 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/03/2019 12:44, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:55:25 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/03/2019 00:41, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 23:41:42 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 13/03/2019 19:27, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:02:06 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

What opinion have I expressed that is in, your opinion, ****ed up?
You
seem to be trying to be, and failing, a mind reader like Nugent.

This:
"When we have wiped ourselves
out the planet will still be a rock in space and bacteria and
fungus will evolve to clean up the mess we made."

Very well.

You claim there is no warming effect due to human action. It's a
point
of view.

There might be, but it will be negligible compared to the natural
cycles. And it won't cause harm since it'll just put us back to where
we were - it's common sense.

There are many other ways of wiping ourselves out than digging
carbon out of the ground.

But the treehuggers only concentrate on that one, which won't wipe
anything out.

"it'll just put us back to where we were". But we weren't there. Like
many of the modern plants, animals and insects that we rely on.

You'd be surprised how quickly things adapt.

There are two things in your statement. One is an assumption about me,
the other concerns the pace of evolution.


WTF? I made one statement, that evolution is faster than you think.


You have no idea what I think, apart from the words I have written here.
Try it, how fast is evolution - in numerical terms.


You're disagreeing with me, so I know what you think.

Whatever, nothing changes the fact that if we weren't there in the first
place the only way it is physically possible to go back there is to turn
into compost. That is one remarkably quick adaptation.


Er no. Animals and plants were both very much alive then, not just
compost.


Well, gosh... Do you know what compost is?


Yes, it's not plants or animals, which were very much alive when all the carbon was in the air where it belongs.

Besides, you specifically mentioned "we".


Now what are you on about? You're seriously deranged, you seem unable to grasp simple conversation.
  #39  
Old March 14th 19, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 28
Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:55:25 +0000, TMS320, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

But the treehuggers only concentrate on that one, which won't wipe
anything out.


"it'll just put us back to where we were". But we weren't there. Like
many of the modern plants, animals and insects that we rely on.


Troll huggers like you ONLY concentrate on sucking off the filthy Scottish
******, eh, you troll-feeding senile asshole?
  #40  
Old March 14th 19, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 28
Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:21:56 +0000, TMS320, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:


There are two things in your statement. One is an assumption about me,
the other concerns the pace of evolution.


Nope, troll-feeding senile idiot, there are only TWO things he the one is
a trolling sociopathic ****** and the other is you, the troll-feeding senile
idiot!

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.