GPS Units = Show road steepness?

Old March 18th 19, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default GPS Units = Show road steepness?

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 7:31:44 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 10:24:22 AM UTC-4, Radey Shouman wrote:
John B. Slocomb writes:

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:53:02 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:23:38 PM UTC-7, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 14:01:42 -0400, Radey Shouman
wrote:

Zen Cycle writes:

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:38:54 PM UTC-4, Radey Shouman wrote:
Zen Cycle writes:

keyboard. IF I had to write those whole 10K+ lines of code from
scratch.....ugh.

I surmised that you enjoyed arguing about it because you continue to
do so.

To be clear, I haven't been arguing with you. For an example of my
argument style, refer to my exchanges with tom. Rather, I enjoy the
conceptual discussions. If you started on code structure, you'd put me
to sleep.

Hard times indeed, when an exchange of insults is sold for the price of
an argument. A proper argument requires, well, arguments: propositions
supported by logic, based on articulated facts. Animation is good, but
rancor and invective are not required, nor seizing offense as though it
were higher ground. I think Monty Python did a bit on that.

Never watch kids in a school yard screaming at each other, "Your Momma
wears army boots", "No she don't", "Yes she does!".

Your momma wears army boots is now a point of
pride. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Elmendorf.jpg

-- Jay Beattie.

Perhaps "now" but in the days of my youth, alas many years past, work
clothing was not considered proper attire for going downtown, or the
movies, or for Saturday shopping trips, and certainly not on Sunday.
In fact Levi's, what we called dungarees, were forbidden attire to be
worn to school.

These days it's common to see young people about town dressed,
literally, in pajamas and fuzzy slippers. Dungarees are reserved for
job interviews and funerals. Pink camo cycling shorts and a Primal Wear
jersey is about the middle of the formality spectrum now.

There's a local Tim Hirton's coffee shop where in the mornings around 8 to 9 M many of the women stopping in for coffee and chatting are wearing pajamas or just robes. I find it amazing what is acceptable as public wear these days.

Cheers

This area is mostly Hispanic or Black with the white people old retirees that would look disgusting in pajamas.
Old March 19th 19, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Zen Cycle writes:

[...]

I don't see what complexion has to do with it. Humans of
every flavor look ridiculous in PJs but that hardly slows
the trend, which is everywhere.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 19th 19, 08:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Zen Cycle writes:

[...]

And than we have:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHEYb7YELys

--
Cheers,
John B.

Old March 19th 19, 08:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Zen Cycle writes:

[...]

Or for our Western friends:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7pLNVo9Fs4

--
Cheers,
John B.

Old March 19th 19, 08:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...d+bicycle+ride

--
JS
Old March 19th 19, 11:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Zen Cycle writes:

[...]

Please, no selfies!

--
duane
Old March 19th 19, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Zen Cycle writes:

[...]

Hispanics and black people have been raised completely differently and actually respect clothing.

Pothole gardener stars on Road Rage TV show Alycidon UK 0 February 10th 16 02:12 PM
Show off now faces arrest after road damage Alycidon UK 5 October 5th 15 11:00 PM
gps units recycled[_2_] General 1 July 26th 09 11:59 PM
FS: 2 Polar Power units Andre Marketplace 0 June 17th 05 12:13 AM
FS: 2 polar power units Andre Marketplace 0 June 11th 05 10:49 PM