What do these bikes cost?

Old March 17th 05, 02:27 AM
Rich

Maggie wrote:
I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk into an
LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like this cost?
It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my name.

http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/C...pped/index.php

All Good Things
Maggie

Didn't you just buy a bike last fall when you started posting here on
the newsgroup?

Just curious.

Rich
Old March 17th 05, 03:19 AM
Tom Sherman

Maggie wrote:

Well, you are not me. You ride your kinda bike, I'll ride my kinda
bike. I like it. I am not Lance Armstrong nor am I PeeWee, I am an old
woman who is going to ride my bike around town, through parks, and on a
few charity rides....

Here is what I like: http://www.speedbikes.ch/butterfly.html.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois)

Old March 17th 05, 10:52 AM
Maggie

Rich wrote:
Maggie wrote:
I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk

into an
LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like this

cost?
It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my name.

http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/C...pped/index.php

All Good Things
Maggie

Didn't you just buy a bike last fall when you started posting here on

the newsgroup?

Just curious.

Rich

I bought two bikes. The first bike I bought was a K-Mart Bike. It was
really cheap. I think I paid 60 dollars for it or something. Then I
decided that I should get a better one. The better one is not so
better. Now that spring is here and I am actually riding, I want to
invest in a comfort bike. The one from TREK looks nice. The Navigator.
This weekend I plan to go to the LBS. My kids have been taking my car
all the time and I keep getting dropped off at work. I decided to ride
to work from now on. I need a better bike. The first two purchases
were foolish. I had no idea what the hell I was doing. Since being on
this group since last fall, I have learned quite a bit to be honest.
Even though I sound like a the dittzy queen of suburbia, I do retain
the information you give me, and look at all the websites. The
navigator seems like a nice bike. I just thought it would be really
expensive because it is a TREK. So yes, I did buy two bikes. I am
still riding one at this point. The K-mart bike is sitting in the shed.
All Good Things,
Maggie

Old March 17th 05, 01:24 PM
jj

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:27:18 -0800, Zoot Katz
wrote:

Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:27:35 -0700, ,
Rich wrote:

Didn't you just buy a bike last fall when you started posting here on
the newsgroup?

Just curious.

Rich

Two, IIRC.

Upon seeing this with 'special' attachment, there will likely be four:

http://www.theacorn.com/common/Vacat...s/046p1_lg.jpg

jj

Old March 17th 05, 04:42 PM
Fritz M

RonSonic wrote:
And the recent
cruisers make 'em look as cool as that chick on the Velo Bella logo.

c.f. http://www.velobella.org/

That does look cool, almost like my wife except she has a little lapdog
in the front basket. And my wife is Swedish and blond. And her bike
isn't pink. And she doesn't have a banana seat. No ape hanger bars
either. But other than that, they look just alike.

RFM

Old March 17th 05, 05:45 PM
Roger Zoul

Maggie wrote:
:: Rich wrote:
::: Maggie wrote:
:::: I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk
:::: into an LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like
:::: this cost? It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my
:::: name.
::::
::::
::
http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/C...pped/index.php
::::
:::: All Good Things
:::: Maggie
::::
:::
[...]

Get your trek, dumb the k-mart (or give it to charity) and use your other
one as a rain or extra bike. Ride and have fun.

:: Maggie

Old March 17th 05, 06:30 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Matt O'Toole" writes:

A bike like this is perfect for many people.

Yes! I like the Trek Navigators as "all-arounder/general purpose"
bikes. It would be nice if they offered a choice of rigid fork
instead of those now ubiquitous RST suspension forks. I note
the unit in the link provided by Maggie in her first post comes
already equipped with rack and fenders. That's nice for people
who don't want to fuss around suspension forks and V-brakes to
install aftermarket fenders. It also appears to have sensible
wheels. With the rear rack, Maggie would have no excuse to hang
shopping bags on the handlebar :-)

I'd love to get one for my mom!
There are millions of them in Europe and Japan, used by everyday folks for
transportation. It's great to see an American bike company finally addresssing
something other than the sport market.

There are those Breezer city bikes, but they're pretty expensive.
The Navigators are nicely affordable. For people who want a
basic city runabout bike that can occasionally be put to work
on shopping trips etc, I think the Navigators go a long way
toward positive cycling experiences.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old March 17th 05, 06:33 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Roger Zoul" writes:

Get your trek, dumb the k-mart (or give it to charity) and use your other
one as a rain or extra bike.

That's a good idea.

Ride and have fun.

That's a good idea too :-)

cheers,
Tom

Old March 17th 05, 07:43 PM
Rich

Upon seeing this with 'special' attachment, there will likely be four:

http://www.theacorn.com/common/Vacat...s/046p1_lg.jpg

With proper umbrella placement and a sufficiently windy day, those could
be fast.

Rich

Buying used (almost new?) bikes? Atri I General 9 October 8th 04 05:16 AM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Cheap Bikes vs expensive bikes - what are the real differences? The Real Slim Shady UK 8 August 13th 03 08:30 PM