Thanks for the tip....Take A Look!

Old April 18th 05, 07:23 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

: Interesting. Everyone I ride with uses the long arm version too, but
: mounted on the eyewear. What's the advantage to helmet mount?
:
: GG

He's thinking about an entirely different product, Gary. Read the previous
post where he talks about using adhesive to fasten it to the helmet. That
is not the Take a Look mirror.

Pat in TX

Pat: Nope, same product. The Take-a-Look mirror has an attachment that
allows you to mount it to a helmet; this comes with each one (they don't
make a separate helmet or eyeglass-only version).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old April 18th 05, 02:01 PM
Pat

: Pat: Nope, same product. The Take-a-Look mirror has an attachment that
: allows you to mount it to a helmet; this comes with each one (they don't
: make a separate helmet or eyeglass-only version).
:
: --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles

Oh. Well, the one I got didn't come with an attachment, but then, it is the
"Compact Size" version. it just says to "position the prongs down for
eyeglasses and up for helmet visor mount". Your must be for mounting on the
helmet body, not the visor. At any rate, I think it is the best mirror I've
seen. I also bought a little metallic sticker to put on the back of the
mirror to protect it against scratches (just in case).

Pat in TX

Old April 18th 05, 02:35 PM
rdclark

Pat wrote:

I also bought a little metallic sticker to put on the back of the
mirror to protect it against scratches (just in case).

This is the second reference I've seen recently to protecting the back
of the TaL mirror. Where's this coming from? It's never even occured to
me that this was a concern. My TaL has seen almost daily use for
something like five years, including much swapping from one set of
frames to another, with nary a scratch.

Are these things supposed to be susceptible to scratching? News to me.

RichC

Old April 18th 05, 05:56 PM
Pat

:
: I also bought a little metallic sticker to put on the back of the
: mirror to protect it against scratches (just in case).
:
: This is the second reference I've seen recently to protecting the back
: of the TaL mirror. Where's this coming from? It's never even occured to
: me that this was a concern. My TaL has seen almost daily use for
: something like five years, including much swapping from one set of
: frames to another, with nary a scratch.
:
: Are these things supposed to be susceptible to scratching? News to me.
:
: RichC

No, no one has told me that their mirror was scratched. What they said was
that they noticed the back of the mirror appears to be the back of the
reflective surface. If that did get scratched, it would put a big scratch
through the mirror surface. When I take off my glasses, I throw them in my
helmet in my duffel bag, usually. I have had those mirrors made out of a
circular piece of glass and a bicycle spoke, and I have managed to chip the
edges with my rough handling. I just wanted to be pro-active.

Pat in TX
:

Old April 19th 05, 12:07 AM
Roger Zoul

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
: Interesting. Everyone I ride with uses the long arm version too, but
: mounted on the eyewear. What's the advantage to helmet mount?
:
: GG

He's thinking about an entirely different product, Gary. Read the previous
post where he talks about using adhesive to fasten it to the helmet. That
is not the Take a Look mirror.

Pat in TX

Pat: Nope, same product. The Take-a-Look mirror has an attachment that
allows you to mount it to a helmet; this comes with each one (they don't
make a separate helmet or eyeglass-only version).

That attachment didn't come with mine...I have both the long version and
the short one.
Old April 19th 05, 12:09 AM
Roger Zoul

Pat wrote:
:
[...]

I paid all of $12 for mine...if it get damaged, I'd just get another
one. However, it seems to be not a problem, though I don't throw it
about, either.