Dick Pounder screws the innocent once again

Old February 19th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Dick Pounder screws the innocent once again

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/5339064
Police find nothing for now in doping search

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/5344736
Tauber wound up staying awake all night before Sunday's 4x10km cross
country relay.
Fatigued and furious, the Austrians finished last in the race, still
reeling following an exhausting anti-doping probe. It was amazing the
foursome had the energy to compete at all.

"They absolutely ruined the race," Tauber said. "I was already a little
bit tired yesterday."

Let's get interpol looking into where Dickie boy placed what kind of
bets, or who connected with him did. Way to toatally change the results
of the event. Wonder how much cash he got from the gamblers to arrange
this?
That question is at least as valid as half the **** he says and does.
Bill C

Old February 19th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bill C wrote:
[...]

This is the part that killed me:
"U.S. biathlon coach Algis Shalna welcomed such testing of the
Americans.
"If someone wants to come check us, check all you want to," Shalna
said."

Yeah, right. I'd like to hear his tune if his check came the night
before the race and kept the guys up all night.

What's next? Sequestering the athletes to prevent even casual contact
with quetionable characters?

Old February 19th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bill C wrote:
[...]

I wonder if Torquemada placed any bets before barbecuing a few more
heretics.

Old February 19th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bill C wrote:
Fatigued and furious, the Austrians finished last in the race, still
reeling following an exhausting anti-doping probe. It was amazing the
foursome had the energy to compete at all.

"They absolutely ruined the race," Tauber said. "I was already a little
bit tired yesterday."

For once we agree. There has to be a better system than keeping the
athletes up the night before the event.

Old February 20th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

That's just silly to say he got a payoff. It is easy to discount any of
your points when you say such things.

Have the police found nothing? Aren't they still examining the
contents?

Still, did they have to do the raid the night before? The more I read
about this situation, the worse it looks though.

Old February 20th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Deja vu all over again as someone famous once said. Bags with syringes and
drugs flying out the hotel window. It's not yet clear that "nothing" of
substance was found. In any event, it's nice to see it all coming down on
dopers other than cyclists. Grazie Carabinieri.