I have built a supremely stupid rear wheel!

Old August 10th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default I have built a supremely stupid rear wheel!

I spied a pair of Exage hubs in the garage. Hmmm, they'd look
spectacular* on the single Viscount. but I didn't have a cassette tool
handy for the 7spd cogset. spokes still attached on drive side. Loong
as they'd once been laced to those awful single wall Arayas. I grabbed
the Viiscount's original Titlist mech and shifter--and built a neo-
retro 7speed with stupid rear wheel!

32 spoke 4x drive side to fit a Mavic semi aero rim. Non drive I had
proper length spokes for a standard 3x--but couldn't balance stupid
with sensible, so I did 3X, but all heads out. I went over over over
for you avid lacers! I built it up tight and true, but I've invited
doom with the stresses created with my stoopid lacing--and as a bonus,
I believe if I break a drive side spoke I'll need to service the
headset.

Guesses on how many miles till implosion? Front is normal 3x--I don't
like stoopid wheels in front. ;-)

*compared to the hideous large gauge Sora.

Old August 10th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Aug 9, 11:59 pm, jim beam wrote:
landotter wrote:
[...]

pics?- Hide quoted text -

does UCI know?

Old August 10th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank Wirtz

On Aug 9, 6:22 pm, landotter wrote:

I believe if I break a drive side spoke I'll need to service the
headset.

This is the single greatest sentence ever posted in the history of RBT.

Old August 10th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Aug 9, 10:59 pm, jim beam wrote:
*compared to the hideous large gauge Sora.

pics?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1064/...a51c1535_b.jpg

'scuse the crud--and I do need to try and seat a couple of those spoke
heads, but I did give it quite a workover--like a pre-enlightenment
heathen giving the wheel of torture some fierce payback.

http://medieval-castles.org/index.ph...eadly_and_pain

Old August 10th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Phil

Hank Wirtz wrote:
On Aug 9, 6:22 pm, landotter wrote:

I believe if I break a drive side spoke I'll need to service the
headset.

This is the single greatest sentence ever posted in the history of
RBT.

Gene's had better.

--
Phil

Old August 11th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ed Pirrero

On Aug 10, 3:51 pm, "Phil" wrote:
Hank Wirtz wrote:
On Aug 9, 6:22 pm, landotter wrote:

I believe if I break a drive side spoke I'll need to service the
headset.

This is the single greatest sentence ever posted in the history of
RBT.

Gene's had better.

Ah, but they are rarely *sentences*, in the English-language sense.

E.P.

Old August 11th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

well, stop blowing your horn, get a rack on it, load it up and slalom!

Old August 11th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ed Pirrero

On Aug 10, 6:15 pm, datakoll wrote:
well, stop blowing your horn, get a rack on it, load it up and slalom!

Thank you for demonstrating, Gene. I appreciate it.

E.P.

Old August 11th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Hank Wirtz wrote:
This is the single greatest sentence ever posted in the history of
RBT.

"Phil" wrote:
Gene's had better.

Ed Pirrero wrote:
Ah, but they are rarely *sentences*, in the English-language sense.

We grade on the curve here. Anything at or above Gene Daniels passes.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

I Built a Wheel pdc Unicycling 2 August 19th 05 08:10 PM
I built my own wheel! fcwegnm0b Unicycling 9 July 27th 05 04:04 PM
Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________ ylojceq Tom Kunich Rides 672 December 3rd 04 07:49 AM
Built my first wheel Simonb UK 8 March 21st 04 10:34 PM
Built my first wheel! Chris Heys UK 3 January 31st 04 12:52 PM