How did you learn?

Old November 3rd 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
shorewoodmayor

Default How did you learn?

i learned by holding onto the rail on my deck and by watching video on
this site. thanks. my dauguter learned by holding daddy's hand.

--
shorewoodmayor
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

I learned in an old school hall. I put my chair (that I was holding on
to) just far enough away from the stage so that one rev could get to it
then set off from my chair. The better I got, the further away from the
stage I moved my chair. Eventually I turned my chair around and rode
right across the room.

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

Similar to Cathwood, but in a tennis court holding the chainlink fence.
Started cutting the corner, first in small distances, then greater and
greater as time went on.
Eventually I could ride the length of the court.

Set yourself small goals.

--
Into the blue

ok you primitive screwheads, listen up! you see this? this... is my
boomstick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oagr6ydjzdw
http://tinyurl.com/yrt9x7
http://www.hello-kitty.co.uk/?p=home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yau4lpzbqae
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

I learned partly down the street from me on a wall. I got my first good
goes in the winter near my mothers house. It was at the elementary
school I once went too. (against the side of the building/ using a beam
once I got better) She sat there for 3 hours in the car as I practiced.
I think she knew I really wanted to learn, I can't thank her enough for
that day. Ever since that first 35ft ride I was addicted like crazy. At
the end of the day I got to about 100ft or soo.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

'This way.' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44950)

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

forrestunifreak wrote:
It's pretty good though, do you mind if I steal it, erase your name from
the upper right corner, put my name there and pass it off as my own?

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

For me it was mainly in my back garden, which was, luckily, mainly
concrete. I had a wheelie bin that I used to prop myself up with to
start off, but never had anything to hold on to whilst riding. I think
that's a good thing though, as it meant I *had *to keep pedalling once
I started. That was about 10 years ago now.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SqueakyOnion

I learned one summer when I was playing trombone in the Shenandoah
Summer Music Theatre pit orchestra. We lived on campus in dorms.
Initially, I used a brick wall. I later used one of those long movable
dumpsters that was in front of the dorm building. I would start holding
the dumpster, then see how far I could go without falling, as my
friends drank beers and dangled their legs off the roof.

Man that was a fun summer.

I still don't even know what possessed me to learn to unicycle. I one
day I just decided to learn, bought a book by Jack Wiley, saved some
money, and then finally bought a Sun 20" uni.

--
SqueakyOnion

I put the *emo* in h*emo*globin.

Unicycling is little more than an elaborate game of losing your balance
and catching it.
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

I was taught at school.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

I learned in Michigan also. Don't remember what time of year I started,
but it was in the weather-proof basement. My unicycle was a P.O.S. so
progress was incredibly slow and I gave up many times. But after about
six weeks I could ride further than the basement would allow. I took it
outside and it fell apart. It was three years before I had access to
another unicycle to "finish" learning on. That was a Schwinn Giraffe.
Don't follow my example.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

One on one wrote:
The neighbors must have thought that you really lost it. Old guy, 1
wheeled bike, snow on the ground. Definitely crackers.

I learned on the back deck of my house. Has a nice railing at just the
right height. I'd come home at midnight from my job and would try to
ride it. Lots of banging noise as the uni kept hitting the deck.

Hey give me a break! I was 12 at the time! Now I do I agree I am old
now... in fact a year younger than????? Just kidding!

--
rem48
http://www.usenet.com

Can you learn without help? newtouni Unicycling 48 November 8th 07 06:14 AM
What to learn? valkyrion Unicycling 18 June 9th 07 11:41 AM
What to learn next? uni_runner722 Unicycling 4 February 11th 07 09:56 AM
What can i learn now? Hermit Unicycling 10 September 29th 05 12:47 PM
Will they ever learn? JohnB UK 1 August 29th 05 07:17 PM