Reasonably good looking goggles?

Old July 19th 03, 06:28 PM
harlequin

Default Reasonably good looking goggles?

Hi,

I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm
looking for something reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to
hardcore practicality. My main problem is having a reasonably small
face/head, so most goggles look ridiculously outsized.

Obviously, I'm not looking for the Oakley O-Frame/L-Frame style huge
face-covering things here. Something roughly in the same size as the
Oakley Minute style glasses (http://www.oakley.com/ostore/eyewear/minute/)
or slightly bigger would be ideal. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Joss

--
"He who controls the past controls the future;
he who controls the present controls the past."

Old July 19th 03, 07:34 PM
Zilla

Check out the Performance brand glasses at
1/4-1/2 the price!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

"harlequin" t wrote in
message
newsan.2003.07.19.17.28.36.943828@nospampleasewe rebritish.nekrodomos.net...

Old July 19th 03, 09:11 PM
bloocow

"harlequin" t wrote in
message
newsan.2003.07.19.17.28.36.943828@nospampleasewe rebritish.nekrodomos.net..
..
Hi,

I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm
looking for something reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to
hardcore practicality. My main problem is having a reasonably small
face/head, so most goggles look ridiculously outsized.

Obviously, I'm not looking for the Oakley O-Frame/L-Frame style huge
face-covering things here. Something roughly in the same size as the
Oakley Minute style glasses (http://www.oakley.com/ostore/eyewear/minute/)
or slightly bigger would be ideal. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you don't mind springing for Oakleys, I've found the Straight Jackets to
be ok. I find the Minute lenses slightly too cramped for my peripheral
vision. Oakley lenses also have excellent clarity which is quite important
to me. I think the Minutes fog abit faster than the Straights too but this
might depend on the clearance between the frame and your face. The Splice
and Plates look cool too but I haven't tried them.

bloocow - vanity trip

Old July 19th 03, 11:49 PM
harlequin

.
[...]

Thanks for that. Thing is, I really am looking for a pair of goggles.
I've got a pair of (broken and scratched, but wearable) minutes, and a
nice pair of square wires which I usually wear, and are great. I would
like a pair of goggles in the same sort of size, though.

Thanks for the responses.

Joss

Old July 20th 03, 04:50 AM
bloocow

"harlequin" t wrote in
message
newsan.2003.07.19.22.49.41.904803@nospampleasewe rebritish.nekrodomos.net..
..
[...]

Oh, I was wondering why you mentioned Minutes when you wanted goggles. One
pint of beer and my reading comprehension breaks down. |-p I actually only
know of swimming goggles that come in Minute sizes. We don't ski here so I
wouldn't know if there are ski goggles that small.

Good luck.

bloocow

Old July 20th 03, 07:23 AM
Jon Bond

[...]

Something like this, maybe? The goggle format is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/produc...les/ekynox.htm

They also have a smaller sized ekynox (the sx), but it doesn't look like it
comes in goggle format yet. Send 'em an email and see if they're planning on
doing it any time soon though, if they get some demand they might go for it.

Jon Bond

Old July 20th 03, 07:54 AM
harlequin

From: "Jon Bond"
Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:23:34 -0400

"harlequin" t wrote in
message
newsan.2003.07.19.17.28.36.943828@nospampleasewe rebritish.nekrodomos.net...
Hi,

I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm
looking for something reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to
hardcore practicality. My main problem is having a reasonably small
face/head, so most goggle

Now they look nice... thanks a lot!

Old July 21st 03, 12:15 AM
Jon Bond

"harlequin" t wrote in
message
newsan.2003.07.20.06.54.40.875152@nospampleasewe rebritish.nekrodomos.net...

From: "Jon Bond"
Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:23:34 -0400

"harlequin" t wrote in
message

newsan.2003.07.19.17.28.36.943828@nospampleasewe rebritish.nekrodomos.net...
Hi,

I'm looking around for a pair of goggles which I can wear biking. I'm
looking for something reasonably good looking/stylish as opposed to
hardcore practicality. My main problem is having a reasonably small
face/head, so most goggle

Now they look nice... thanks a lot!

--
"He who controls the past controls the future;
he who controls the present controls the past."
-- O'Brien in "1984" by George Orwell

No problemo, the best part is you can also switch them out into sunglasses
pretty quickly. Double duty!

Oh yeah, did I mention that they sp*ns*r my team?

Jon Bond
one for Bomba et al...