What is the reccomened air pressure for a Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase in 700c32 size?

Old May 18th 06, 11:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default What is the reccomened air pressure for a Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase in 700c32 size?

Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase in 700c32 size.
What is the reccomended tire air pressures for this tire?
The usualy reccomended air pressure statement doesn't appear to be on the
sides of the tire when I looked at it.
And when I checked Bontrager's website I didn't see any onfo on it either.
Thanks
Earl

Old May 18th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Earl Bollinger" wrote in message
. ..
Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase in 700c32 size.
What is the reccomended tire air pressures for this tire?
The usualy reccomended air pressure statement doesn't appear to be on the
sides of the tire when I looked at it.
And when I checked Bontrager's website I didn't see any onfo on it either.
Thanks
Earl

My wife's got these on her Trek 7500, and I inflate them to 70psi. She
hasn't complained so far ;-)

Old May 18th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Visitant wrote:
"Earl Bollinger" wrote in message
. ..
Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase in 700c32 size.

SNIP

Max Pressure on those is 110 PSI. My bike shop advised me to keep them
around 100 PSI, but I generally inflate them in the 80 PSI to 90 PSI
range.

No pinch flats in the three or four months I've had that bike.

Robert Leone

Old May 18th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Earl Bollinger wrote:
Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase in 700c32 size.
What is the reccomended tire air pressures for this tire?
The usualy reccomended air pressure statement doesn't appear to be on the
sides of the tire when I looked at it.

Depends on the actual width (many tires are a bit narrower than the
advertised value) and the weight of the bike + rider + load.

If the actual width is 30 to 32 mm and the rider is 150 - 160 pounds,
you might want to run them at about 85 psi, maybe 90 psi on the rear.
Or experiment to find the best compromise between comfort and
performance.

See:
http://sheldonbrown.com/tires.html#pressure

Art Harris

Old May 18th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

*Belongs in r.b.m, but it's related*

I have a set of Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase, 700x28c with tubes if
anybody wants an set. $25 for both + shipping?

Old May 19th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Earl Bollinger" wrote in message
. ..
Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase in 700c32 size.
What is the reccomended tire air pressures for this tire?
The usualy reccomended air pressure statement doesn't appear to be on the
sides of the tire when I looked at it.
And when I checked Bontrager's website I didn't see any onfo on it either.
Thanks
Earl

Thanks all, I appreciate it.

Old May 19th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Earl Bollinger wrote:
Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase in 700c32 size.
What is the reccomended tire air pressures for this tire?
The usualy reccomended air pressure statement doesn't appear to be on the
sides of the tire when I looked at it.

-snip-

I've had the notion for several years of using a system of "sag
percentage" to set tire pressure similar to the way suspensions are
adjusted on bicycles & motorcycles. This hopefully would simultaneously
take into account, gross weight, tire inherent stiffness, tire volume,
and rim width.

The downside is the very reason I haven't pursued it, the research
necessary to determine the optimum tire "sag", & if there is such a
thing. Other possible problems a conceptually it might be totally
incorrect; and it is somewhat difficult to measure sag.

However if it worked, it would be as powerful a tool as 'sag' is for
suspension settings. Analogous to the 'roll out' method of determining
tire circumference, harder work but better results.

Many years ago I had the thought that perhaps all bike tires contain
the same volume of air. (Smaller tires pressure, larger tires
press.) Seemed brilliant till I calculated the cubic volume of a few
different 700C & Mt. Bk. tire pressures & volumes. No correlation at
all. But this new one seems much better ;-)

Plus, it can't really be disproved until someone does some research on
rolling resistance, impact acceleration, braking traction, tire ware,
etc. @ various sag percentages.

I'd like to know if anyone sees any obvious glitches in this, that I've
over looked?

Thanks, John