Stinging Toes!

Old June 9th 04, 07:45 PM
ver

Default Stinging Toes!

Hey, my toes get very numb/tingly/stinging when I ride. Has anyone els
had this problem? I suspect that wider shoes would help, but I can'
seem to find any brands that offer widths, except for the billion dolla
types. Anyone

-

Old June 9th 04, 10:00 PM
wassupdawg

ver wrote:
Hey, my toes get very numb/tingly/stinging when I ride. Has anyone else
had this problem? I suspect that wider shoes would help, but I can't
seem to find any brands that offer widths, except for the billion dollar
types. Anyone?

Hi Ve

wide shoes are a problem i used to face too. Found many of th italia
brands (Diadora, etc) were good width wis

Is it a temperature thing, or in any weather conditions

Also make sure the cleat isnt too far forward which places incorrec
pressure on the wrong parts of your feet. Should be directly below (or
few mm behind) ball of your fee

-

Old June 9th 04, 11:15 PM
ver

Thanks, I will check cleat position. It doesn't seem to matter whethe
it is cold or warm or hot out. It just seems to be pedaling in general

-

Old June 9th 04, 11:16 PM
blah

--

Mine have gone numb and tingly - never stinging, though - and I
thought it was the width of the shoe also. Then I got some Canondale
Old June 10th 04, 12:00 AM
flyingdutch

ver wrote:
Thanks, I will check cleat position. It doesn't seem to matter whether
it is cold or warm or hot out. It just seems to be pedaling in general.

well the size/tightness and cleat-position are prime suspects the

wot shoes are you using

-

Old June 10th 04, 12:09 AM
Tamyka Bell

ver wrote:

Hey, my toes get very numb/tingly/stinging when I ride. Has anyone else
had this problem? I suspect that wider shoes would help, but I can't
seem to find any brands that offer widths, except for the billion dollar
types. Anyone?

--

I had this problem when I first started. Generally these sensations are
related to pressure on some nerves. Mine was related to cleat position

Tam
Old June 10th 04, 12:30 AM
flyingdutch

Tamyka Bell wrote:
My lateral hamstrings got tight, and gluteus maximus

thought havin a tight butt woz a good thing ;

-

Old June 10th 04, 01:04 AM
Tamyka Bell

flyingdutch wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:
My lateral hamstrings got tight, and gluteus maximus

thought havin a tight butt woz a good thing

--

Buns of steel, or maybe...Buns of carbon-fibre?

Old June 10th 04, 01:18 AM
Mike

ver wrote:
Hey, my toes get very numb/tingly/stinging when I ride. Has anyone else
had this problem? I suspect that wider shoes would help, but I can't

Is this a problem with you bike shoes? Or do you get it when
cycling in your regular walking shoes too?
Old June 10th 04, 04:45 AM
hippy

ver wrote:
Hey, my toes get very numb/tingly/stinging when I ride. Has anyone else
had this problem? I suspect that wider shoes would help, but I can't
seem to find any brands that offer widths, except for the billion dollar
types. Anyone?

When I get tingling in my feet, it is generally because I have th
straps done up too tight or I have thick socks on (same effect as tigh
straps). It puts too much pressure on nerves and/or veins running on th
top of the foot and causes pins and needles sensation in the toes
Loosen your straps and see what it feels like

I'm still using the same $50 Nike shoes I bought 3 or 4 years ago. Thes
are probably the best cycling investment I've made (not counting use
stuff). There were super cheap but they've done everything! Pity they'r
not sold any more :

hipp

-