Help! T-Nut needed for Modolo brakes on old Bianchi Quattro

Old August 10th 03, 03:41 AM
Marc

Default Help! T-Nut needed for Modolo brakes on old Bianchi Quattro

Greetings. I was wondering if somebody out there could help out by
selling me a T-nut that I need to restore a Bianchi Quattro. The T-nut
is from the front brakes (which are Modolo Quattro's). The T-nut is a
shaft with threads on the inside and has a cap on the end with a hex
cut in it for torquing. I believe these were standard on Italian bikes
and maybe others from this era (late 80's, early 90's) and are also
found on Fiori's that I know of.
The nut fits into the front forks to hold the brakes in place. The
bolt from the brakes only goes half-way through the forks and is held
in place by the T-nut from the other side.
I've searched all the local bike shops, e-bay, and hardware and
fastener suppliers without any luck.
Has anybody out there got an old set of these brakes or similar
sitting around and be willing to sell me the T-nut??? Anybody have a
source for such a part?? Any help greatly appreciated. Response via
email appreciated. Thanks

Cheers,
Marc
Old August 10th 03, 01:52 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

ad360- The T-nut
is from the front brakes (which are Modolo Quattro's). The T-nut is a
shaft with threads on the inside and has a cap on the end with a hex
cut in it for torquing BRBR
The
bolt from the brakes only goes half-way through the forks and is held
in place by the T-nut from the other side. BRBR

Ya just needf a longer nut-yes? most bike shops have them...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 10th 03, 05:24 PM
Phil Brown

The
bolt from the brakes only goes half-way through the forks and is held
in place by the T-nut from the other side.

Ya just needf a longer nut-yes? most bike shops have them...

Peter Chisholm

It sounds as if you have a rear brake on the front. As Peter says just get a
longer nut from your LBS. Or, you can thread the nut you have up in the steerer
and use the rear hole as access for the Allen wrench. This works fine.
Phil Brown