coker sighting

Old January 9th 04, 11:27 PM
muniracer

Default coker sighting

so im on my way back to school after a wonderful winter break. im in
the passenger's seat and my dads driving. he looks in the rearview
mirror and casually says, "is that a unicycle?" i turn around and
immediately recognize a red miyata seat sticking up from behind a car.
we change lanes and let the car drive up beside us. sure enough, its a
coker. i had a unicycle.com sticker that i was using as a bookmark and
i shoved it against the window hoping the guy will see it, pull over,
and let me ride. unfortunately, he never looked. he had new jersey
plates, i think. this was around 11:00 or 11:30am friday on 495 before
tyson's corner. i did not recognize the man from the NJ muni weekend so
i may be mistaken about the plates. any tips on who the mystery man may
be?

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Old January 10th 04, 12:14 AM
brian.slater

muniracer wrote:
*so im on my way back to school after a wonderful winter break. im in
the passenger's seat and my dads driving. he looks in the rearview
mirror and casually says, "is that a unicycle?" i turn around and
immediately recognize a red miyata seat sticking up from behind a car.
we change lanes and let the car drive up beside us. sure enough, its
a coker. i had a unicycle.com sticker that i was using as a bookmark
and i shoved it against the window hoping the guy will see it, pull
over, and let me ride. unfortunately, he never looked. he had new
jersey plates, i think. this was around 11:00 or 11:30am friday on
495 before tyson's corner. i did not recognize the man from the NJ
muni weekend so i may be mistaken about the plates. any tips on who
the mystery man may be? *

Hmmmm, are you sure it was NJ plates? It sounds a lot like me and I was
in that area today, with "a red miyata seat sticking up from behind" on
my Coker, on my way back to Connecticut from Williamsburg, VA, but I
have CT plates. Lity, bity black car, a Honda Del Sol.

Sorry I didn't see you, for some strange reason lots of people seemed to
pull along side for a bit, I can't imagine why. I
wouldn't have been able to stop for long anyway- I dearly wanted to miss
Friday rush hour(s) near NYC (I made it, too).

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

Old January 10th 04, 12:28 AM
muniracer

cool! my eyes were on the coker and not the plates so only afterwards
did i think that i saw nj plates. i hope you had a good ride! if you
are in the dc area and want to ride, just give me a holler!

Old August 8th 05, 05:58 PM
JJuggle

I am randomly resurrecting a "coker sighting" thread. This one because
it is the first one I found with a generic title.

So, I had to detour today because of road construction on my regular
route. This resulted in me spotting a guy riding his coker through
Scotch Plains, NJ. (Scotch Plains is on my regular route, but the detour
through off my timing and if it hadn't I would have otherwise missed
him).

I'm not going to post any of his personal information, but I did tell
him about this site and he may visit. He's a guy who, like many of us,
learned as a teen, gave it up and has recently rediscovered the joys of
unicycling. He still has the Schwinn 24" on which he learned.

He also was aware of the LBI Unithon but had never gotten around to
doing it. This should be corrected next year.

Certainly made my morning to spot a rider along the commute I've been
doing for nearly 9 years now.

--
JJuggle - Meet the new boss...

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

*Circus*, n - Where horses, ponies, and elephants are permitted to see
men, women, and children act the fool.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24