News from the Armstrong Family

Old September 7th 03, 09:05 PM
Pat

Default News from the Armstrong Family

x-no-archive:yes

I knew you'd respond that way. Sure the tabloids say outrageous things,

but
that doesn't mean that they can't report the truth, now does it? Face
it---you won't believe it unless it comes from Lance's mouth.

As should we all. Tabloids are not legitimate journalistic sources. I'm
willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Why don't you?

Because this isn't the first time he has left his family, his wife and 3
kids....There must be something going on.

Pat in TX

Old September 7th 03, 10:43 PM
Mark Hickey

"Pat" wrote:

As should we all. Tabloids are not legitimate journalistic sources. I'm
willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Why don't you?

Because this isn't the first time he has left his family, his wife and 3
kids....There must be something going on.

Don't feed the troll...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old September 7th 03, 11:55 PM
Slider2699

"Pat" wrote in message

x-no-archive:yes

I knew you'd respond that way. Sure the tabloids say outrageous

things,
but
that doesn't mean that they can't report the truth, now does it? Face
it---you won't believe it unless it comes from Lance's mouth.

As should we all. Tabloids are not legitimate journalistic sources. I'm
willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Why don't you?

Because this isn't the first time he has left his family, his wife and 3
kids....There must be something going on.

Maybe Kristin is a horrible shrew of a woman, ever consider that? Just as
believable as the tabloids.

Old September 8th 03, 06:10 AM
Mark Hickey

"Slider2699" wrote:

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
.. .
"Pat" wrote:

As should we all. Tabloids are not legitimate journalistic sources. I'm
willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Why don't you?

Because this isn't the first time he has left his family, his wife and 3
kids....There must be something going on.

Don't feed the troll...

I resent the troll accusation, Hickey. I've been a regular poster for quite
some time now. I'm a Lance Armstrong fan, and running his name down because
of a report in a tabloid is not cool.

Check the attribution - I wasn't suggesting YOUR post was a troll, but
the one "Pat" wrote. I agree entirely with what you wrote.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old September 8th 03, 09:59 AM
Slider2699

"Pat" wrote:

As should we all. Tabloids are not legitimate journalistic sources.

I'm
willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Why don't you?

Because this isn't the first time he has left his family, his wife and

3
kids....There must be something going on.

Don't feed the troll...

I resent the troll accusation, Hickey. I've been a regular poster for

quite
some time now. I'm a Lance Armstrong fan, and running his name down

because
of a report in a tabloid is not cool.

Check the attribution - I wasn't suggesting YOUR post was a troll, but
the one "Pat" wrote. I agree entirely with what you wrote.

Okay, then. Sorry I got a little hot. It's just that there are so few pro
athletes one can actually admire, and watching all these people attack Lance
irks me.

Old September 8th 03, 05:17 PM
Pat

x-no-archive:yes

Thanks for confirming that. It's been a while since I read the book, so I
thought that's what he said. I remember think the same thing about the
explanation falling flat, also. How do you explain away that this person
wh's just struggled through chemo with you gets dumped and then the new
hot young thing gets to share your victories? Of course, that ends later
anyway, but I remembered thinking at the time that that felt really wrong.

This is why the high rate of casual divorce is troublesome to me: "being
married" is itself becoming a lost art, a set of skills that isn't being
effectively handed down from one generation to the next.

Yeah.

Preston

I read somewhere that when a person nurses her husband through a long
illness, it is not uncommon for the husband to start thinking of the wife as
a "mother" substitute. Then, when he is better, he goes looking for a new
substitute for his wife.

Pat in TX

Old September 8th 03, 05:19 PM
Pat

x-no-archive:yes

Because this isn't the first time he has left his family, his wife and 3
kids....There must be something going on.

Maybe Kristin is a horrible shrew of a woman, ever consider that? Just as
believable as the tabloids.

Ever heard of the "where there's smoke there's fire"?

Pat in TX

Old September 8th 03, 05:20 PM
Pat

x-no-archive:yes

As should we all. Tabloids are not legitimate journalistic sources. I'm
willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Why don't you?

Because this isn't the first time he has left his family, his wife and 3
kids....There must be something going on.

Don't feed the troll...

Mark Hickey

Hey, I didn't put the stuff in the paper. It was reported by several
sources. It's there and we have to deal with it--not just stuff our heads
in the sand and say Lance must be some kind of saint.

Pat in TX

Old September 8th 03, 06:38 PM
Karen M.

Slider2699 wrote:
As a single man, and a Lance fan, this doesn't fill me with hope. If Lance
can't keep a woman happy, with all he has to offer, then what chance on
Earth do I have? Kinda bummed that one of my heroes has to go through this.

IIRC, it's in the first chapter of "It's Not About the Bike," where
he's fantasizing that his TEN children are cheering him on.
Maybe Kik got tired of being an incubator. After twins, what was
next--a litter?
JMHO

--Karen M.
who was engaged to a retired racer for a few short months, and
wouldn't wish that on anybody
Old September 9th 03, 02:12 AM
Rick Onanian

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 04:34:43 GMT, Slider2699 wrote:
Just having one testicle doesn't render one impotent. He's sterile, but
that doesn't mean the equipment doesn't work.

Do you suppose that his one-ball results in
any better aerodynamics or weight savings?

Maybe all racers should remove a ball...

--
Rick Onanian