Shaved tires

Old January 7th 09, 03:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

Default Shaved tires

I put the tread from a 24" tire on a 26" tire casing to see if it would
work. It worked much better than i thought. There was about 8% stretch.

I am sure that putting a 20" tread on a slightly larger 19" tire would
work very well.

WHampson: I shaved my Luna when it was about 2/3 worn out and loved the
result. Of course it also shortened the tire life.

--
saskatchewanian