Off-center seatposts??

Old December 23rd 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Default Off-center seatposts??

I bought a sweet, used KH24 muni on ebay. It came with a Coker saddle
and it's mounted on the same kind of seatpost that most road bicycles
use (the kind that has 2 bars going through the clamp ie:
http://tinyurl.com/96u8ya .

The issue I'm having is due to the center of the seat in respect to the
center of the wheel. I think the seat is a little off center because I
have to position my body's COG to the right of the wheel in able to keep
my side-to-side balance. It's difficult to explain but if anyone
understands what I'm talking about, any suggestions for how I can fix
this issue? Is it a simple adjustment or do I need a new saddle? A new
seatpost? The Coker saddle does look a little skewed off center. It
just feels weird to ride because of this.

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
www.vimeo.com/jneigh
Old December 23rd 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Joey,

Bring it tonight and I'll fix it for you.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name
Old December 23rd 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

it sounds like 1) its just twisted and 2) you aren't used to the setup

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"
Old December 24th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

The rails are so useless.. Mine keeps folding to the left more and more.
Try to pick up a new KH adjustable post if you can or just a regular
seatpost.

--
timekeeper
Old December 24th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniaddict

Get an adjustable kh post ftw. I got one on my KH24 08 model and I have
had no problems with it. Totally worth it.

--
uniaddict

'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)
*85 foot coast!*
Old December 24th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

I got rid of the rails long ago and have the SW derail CF base, with a
'thomson' (http://tinyurl.com/7a99vu) seat post. Strong, rigid, light.

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old December 24th 08, 08:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

I think that your problem is a common problem with new unicycles
especially larger ones. When I first got my kh29 I was always twisting
my body to the left to keep it going strait. After a few long rides this
effect just disapeared.

There are a few posts abou this issue.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!

'The Unicycling Commune' (http://tinyurl.com/3xkd8d)
Old December 24th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Thanks everyone! I'm going to just get a new seatpost. I was hoping it
was fixable, but I'll just buy a new one that's not rail-mounted.

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
www.vimeo.com/jneigh
Old December 25th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

You could also buy a new rail type seat post, I don't know if it was
your rails that were messed up or your seat post, but it looked like the
clamps on that seat post were too small to hold the seat right.

These are 12 bucks: http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=829

I am pretty sure the 05 KH frame is 27.2mm.

I could be mistaken though, and it might be that your rail adapter is
twisted. In that case you would need to take off the rail adapter and
get a 12 dollar regular seat post.
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=666

The regular seat post will be lighter and easier to set up, BUT you
will not be able to adjust the seat angle. It should fix that problem
though.

Old January 6th 09, 09:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

It was the rail-mount seatpost that was the problem. I bought a new KH
seatpost (surprisingly for $12 on uni.com) and a KH freeride saddle and
installed it. The unicycle "feels" and rides like it should!

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4