Do we know if Virenque was wearing a helmet?

Old August 14th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Do we know if Virenque was wearing a helmet?

I have been unable to find a source that says one way or another.

thanks,

-dB

Old August 14th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been unable to find a source that says one way or another.

who cares? cyclingnews reports he fell face first and suffered facial
injuries and a broken nose..

Old August 14th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Mark wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been unable to find a source that says one way or another.

who cares? cyclingnews reports he fell face first and suffered facial
injuries and a broken nose

It was the first question my kids asked. It seems a reasonable thing
to wonder about. Even if you land face first, you can roll and bounce
on your head after the surface does it's job to the soft flesh in the
front of your face. A skid mark photo of a helmet would be an
educational device. "Seven time polka dot wearer gets facial injuries
in crash, but Clonk-o-matic saves his brain"

And if he wasn't wearing a helmet, that's news of its own, depending on
how you feel about using Virenque as a role model.

-dB

Old August 15th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 14 Aug 2006 13:52:45 -0700, wrote:

And if he wasn't wearing a helmet, that's news of its own, depending on
how you feel about using Virenque as a role model.

Role model for what?

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit
http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old August 15th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 14 Aug 2006 08:49:39 -0700, wrote:

I have been unable to find a source that says one way or another.

What does it matter? If he was, he's alive because he was wearing
one. If he wasn't, he's alive in spite of not wearing one. Simple.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit
http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Your second contention is true. If he wasn't wearing a helmet, he's
alive regardless.

Your first, that if he was wearing one, he's alive because he did, is
not. You can not say he's alive because he was wearing a helmet. You
CAN say that he did not die. Period.

Old August 15th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
h squared

Scott wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On 14 Aug 2006 08:49:39 -0700, wrote:

I have been unable to find a source that says one way or another.

What does it matter? If he was, he's alive because he was wearing
one. If he wasn't, he's alive in spite of not wearing one. Simple.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit
http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Your second contention is true. If he wasn't wearing a helmet, he's
alive regardless.

Your first, that if he was wearing one, he's alive because he did, is
not. You can not say he's alive because he was wearing a helmet. You
CAN say that he did not die. Period.

should i wear a helmet when doing this?
http://home.comcast.net/~pomeroyq/ouch.gif

(ps. reply urgently needed asap)

Old August 15th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
CowPunk

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 14 Aug 2006 13:52:45 -0700, wrote:

And if he wasn't wearing a helmet, that's news of its own, depending on
how you feel about using Virenque as a role model.

Role model for what?

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit
http://www.jt10000.com

Roll models are usually reserved for crash test dummies, but if you
wish to use a Frenchman for it, that's OK by me.