SRAM's 10s

Old November 29th 05, 12:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default SRAM's 10s

Why are they starting with a complete road group and not just chains and
cassettes??

I noticed this recently ... was glad to see them in the 10s biz ... but why
the group?? Don't get me wrong I am happy to see this ... i love anything
other than Shimano ... having Chorus on my road bike;-) Just wondering why
they did not do this with the 9s groups??

http://chapter11bikes.com
http://chapter11sk8.com

Old November 29th 05, 12:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:47:43 -0500, "smiles"
wrote:

Why are they starting with a complete road group and not just chains and
cassettes??

I noticed this recently ... was glad to see them in the 10s biz ... but why
the group?? Don't get me wrong I am happy to see this ... i love anything
other than Shimano ... having Chorus on my road bike;-) Just wondering why
they did not do this with the 9s groups??

10 speeds have an extra gear.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old November 29th 05, 01:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

Why are they starting with a complete road group and not just chains and
cassettes??

I noticed this recently ... was glad to see them in the 10s biz ... but why
the group?? Don't get me wrong I am happy to see this ... i love anything
other than Shimano ... having Chorus on my road bike;-) Just wondering why
they did not do this with the 9s groups??

10 speeds have an extra gear.

JT

D'uh! two extra gears!

Old November 29th 05, 08:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Yeah, I'm having one custom made that goes to eleven, for when I need
that little bit more...

-RJ

Old November 29th 05, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

Why are they starting with a complete road group and not just chains and
cassettes??

I noticed this recently ... was glad to see them in the 10s biz ... but why
the group?? Don't get me wrong I am happy to see this ... i love anything
other than Shimano ... having Chorus on my road bike;-) Just wondering why
they did not do this with the 9s groups??

10 speeds have an extra gear.

JT

D'uh! two extra gears!

I'm a product of the La. public school system, but even I know that the
difference between 2x9 and 2x10 is two. How do you get to "could also
be three"?

Old November 29th 05, 10:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930

--
Bill Asher
Old November 29th 05, 10:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Scott" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ronald wrote:
10 speeds have an extra gear.

D'uh! two extra gears!

Could also be three

oups.com...

wrote:

Why are they starting with a complete road group and not just chains
and
cassettes??

I noticed this recently ... was glad to see them in the 10s biz ...
but why
the group?? Don't get me wrong I am happy to see this ... i love
anything
other than Shimano ... having Chorus on my road bike;-) Just
wondering why
they did not do this with the 9s groups??

10 speeds have an extra gear.

JT

D'uh! two extra gears!

I'm a product of the La. public school system, but even I know that the
difference between 2x9 and 2x10 is two. How do you get to "could also
be three"?

Triple front.

--
http://spaces.msn.com/members/flomblog/

Old November 29th 05, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Jim Flom wrote:
I'm a product of the La. public school system, but even I know that the
difference between 2x9 and 2x10 is two. How do you get to "could also
be three"?

Triple front.

WHAT?! On a road bike?? Shirley, you're joking. Nobody would dare show his
face with a triple on his road bike, would they?

--
E. Dronkert
Old November 29th 05, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message
Jim Flom wrote:
I'm a product of the La. public school system, but even I know that the
difference between 2x9 and 2x10 is two. How do you get to "could also
be three"?

Triple front.

WHAT?! On a road bike?? Shirley, you're joking. Nobody would dare show his
face with a triple on his road bike, would they?

--
E. Dronkert

IIRC, Indurain used a triple on the Angrilu.