Speaking of bright lights

Old August 11th 17, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Speaking of bright lights

Speaking of bright lights:

A few evenings ago, I biked after sunset to visit a friend of mine who
lives a few miles away. My dynamo headlight was doing fine as usual as I
was riding a quiet residential street. No sidewalks, BTW.

Up ahead, on my (right) side of the road, I saw a VERY bright light,
bright enough that I could not see past it. I could tell it wasn't a
motorcycle or car because it wasn't moving fast enough, but I couldn't
tell if it might be a wrong-way cyclist with a blinding headlight. I
used my hand to attempt to shade my eyes and worried about the hand
being off the brake lever.

As I passed, I could see that it was a couple walking a dog. They had a
powerful LED flashlight that they had been shining in my face to make
sure I could see them. So the lumen wars have moved into the pedestrian
contingent.

This was the same street described here months ago, where riding home
from the same friend's house at night, I was blinded by a bike headlight
in exactly the same way. As I passed the jerk, I yelled "That light is
blinding!" He said "Heh, yeah, I know!"

I yelled "THAT'S NOT GOOD!" but I doubt he had the sense to understand why.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Ban bright car lights Mr Macaw UK 207 January 15th 16 10:42 PM
Bright Lights II: into the woods Ryan Cousineau Techniques 6 February 4th 09 02:19 PM
Bright lights Ryan Cousineau Techniques 76 January 2nd 09 06:12 AM
Bright lights [email protected] UK 18 November 8th 06 08:08 AM
yokel sees the bright lights! byron27 Australia 22 May 10th 04 05:00 AM