A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Cyclists to be banned from an A road



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old January 28th 18, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,713
Default Cyclists to be banned from an A road

On 28/01/2018 14:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 9:19:15 AM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26/01/2018 23:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 10:49:26 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26/01/2018 16:56, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 11:26:18 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 24/01/2018 22:10, MrCheerful wrote:
No, no, cyclists cannot be banned from anywhere, this is one of the
wholly condiments laid down by our lord Lee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-42801721

Pedestrians, Equestrians and Cyclists have a RIGHT to use that road.
If motor vehicles are causing a danger then their operators need to modify their behaviour or go elsewhere.


So a Traffic Regulation Order is not legal, please explain.


Motorists seem to think 'Pedestrian Zone' is pronounced "Free Car Park' or 'Short Cut'.



What has that to do with my question?


Everything.


But if you can't answer it, we will agree that you are wrong.


Asked and answered.




So according to you, the reason a 'Traffic regulation Order' is not
legal is because "Motorists seem to think 'Pedestrian Zone' is
pronounced "Free Car Park' or 'Short Cut'.".

What a quaint idea.
Ads
  #12  
Old January 28th 18, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,410
Default Cyclists to be banned from an A road

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 4:32:50 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 28/01/2018 14:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 9:19:15 AM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26/01/2018 23:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 10:49:26 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26/01/2018 16:56, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 11:26:18 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 24/01/2018 22:10, MrCheerful wrote:
No, no, cyclists cannot be banned from anywhere, this is one of the
wholly condiments laid down by our lord Lee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-42801721

Pedestrians, Equestrians and Cyclists have a RIGHT to use that road.
If motor vehicles are causing a danger then their operators need to modify their behaviour or go elsewhere.


So a Traffic Regulation Order is not legal, please explain.


Motorists seem to think 'Pedestrian Zone' is pronounced "Free Car Park' or 'Short Cut'.



What has that to do with my question?


Everything.


But if you can't answer it, we will agree that you are wrong.


Asked and answered.




So according to you, the reason a 'Traffic regulation Order' is not
legal is because "Motorists seem to think 'Pedestrian Zone' is
pronounced "Free Car Park' or 'Short Cut'.".

What a quaint idea.


So you admit I answered your question.

  #13  
Old January 28th 18, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,713
Default Cyclists to be banned from an A road

On 28/01/2018 16:49, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 4:32:50 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 28/01/2018 14:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 9:19:15 AM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26/01/2018 23:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 10:49:26 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26/01/2018 16:56, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 11:26:18 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 24/01/2018 22:10, MrCheerful wrote:
No, no, cyclists cannot be banned from anywhere, this is one of the
wholly condiments laid down by our lord Lee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-42801721

Pedestrians, Equestrians and Cyclists have a RIGHT to use that road.
If motor vehicles are causing a danger then their operators need to modify their behaviour or go elsewhere.


So a Traffic Regulation Order is not legal, please explain.


Motorists seem to think 'Pedestrian Zone' is pronounced "Free Car Park' or 'Short Cut'.



What has that to do with my question?

Everything.


But if you can't answer it, we will agree that you are wrong.

Asked and answered.




So according to you, the reason a 'Traffic regulation Order' is not
legal is because "Motorists seem to think 'Pedestrian Zone' is
pronounced "Free Car Park' or 'Short Cut'.".

What a quaint idea.


So you admit I answered your question.


I asked for an explanation, you did not do so.
  #14  
Old January 28th 18, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,410
Default Cyclists to be banned from an A road

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 7:32:26 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 28/01/2018 16:49, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 4:32:50 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 28/01/2018 14:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 9:19:15 AM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26/01/2018 23:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 10:49:26 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26/01/2018 16:56, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 11:26:18 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 24/01/2018 22:10, MrCheerful wrote:
No, no, cyclists cannot be banned from anywhere, this is one of the
wholly condiments laid down by our lord Lee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-42801721

Pedestrians, Equestrians and Cyclists have a RIGHT to use that road.
If motor vehicles are causing a danger then their operators need to modify their behaviour or go elsewhere.


So a Traffic Regulation Order is not legal, please explain.


Motorists seem to think 'Pedestrian Zone' is pronounced "Free Car Park' or 'Short Cut'.



What has that to do with my question?

Everything.


But if you can't answer it, we will agree that you are wrong.

Asked and answered.




So according to you, the reason a 'Traffic regulation Order' is not
legal is because "Motorists seem to think 'Pedestrian Zone' is
pronounced "Free Car Park' or 'Short Cut'.".

What a quaint idea.


So you admit I answered your question.


I asked for an explanation, you did not do so.


You asked me to answer your question and I did so.

  #15  
Old January 31st 18, 01:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,990
Default Cyclists to be banned from an A road

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 08:49:17 -0800 (PST), Simon Jester
wrote:

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 4:32:50 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 28/01/2018 14:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 9:19:15 AM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26/01/2018 23:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 10:49:26 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26/01/2018 16:56, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 11:26:18 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 24/01/2018 22:10, MrCheerful wrote:
No, no, cyclists cannot be banned from anywhere, this is one of the
wholly condiments laid down by our lord Lee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-42801721

Pedestrians, Equestrians and Cyclists have a RIGHT to use that road.
If motor vehicles are causing a danger then their operators need to modify their behaviour or go elsewhere.


So a Traffic Regulation Order is not legal, please explain.


Motorists seem to think 'Pedestrian Zone' is pronounced "Free Car Park' or 'Short Cut'.



What has that to do with my question?

Everything.


But if you can't answer it, we will agree that you are wrong.

Asked and answered.




So according to you, the reason a 'Traffic regulation Order' is not
legal is because "Motorists seem to think 'Pedestrian Zone' is
pronounced "Free Car Park' or 'Short Cut'.".

What a quaint idea.


So you admit I answered your question.



As well as you could? - then yes
  #16  
Old January 31st 18, 01:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,990
Default Cyclists to be banned from an A road

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 22:54:53 +0000, JNugent wrote:

On 26/01/2018 16:56, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 11:26:18 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 24/01/2018 22:10, MrCheerful wrote:
No, no, cyclists cannot be banned from anywhere, this is one of the
wholly condiments laid down by our lord Lee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-42801721


Pedestrians, Equestrians and Cyclists have a RIGHT to use that road.
If motor vehicles are causing a danger then their operators need to modify their behaviour or go elsewhere.


Have you told the Dept of Transport and the highway authority of your
theory?



Perhaps someone should contact the Barista Lee and tell him of this outrageous
proposal.

  #17  
Old January 31st 18, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 92
Default Cyclists to be banned from an A road

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 12:40:33 AM UTC, Judith wrote:


Have you told the Dept of Transport and the highway authority of your
theory?



Perhaps someone should contact the Barista Lee and tell him of this outrageous
proposal.


There is no such entity as the Dept of Transport.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cyclists banned. David Lang UK 18 November 8th 15 04:42 PM
Cyclists banned from road. David Lang UK 23 October 19th 15 10:25 PM
Cyclists banned from part of A19 Mrcheerful UK 20 July 25th 15 05:38 PM
Why Cyclists Must Be Banned John Smith[_3_] UK 12 December 6th 08 12:29 AM
MP wants cyclists banned-Morn. Pen. rickster Australia 10 June 1st 04 01:22 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.