Melb: Tues 27th, different bikes needed

Old March 22nd 07, 11:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default Melb: Tues 27th, different bikes needed

Came through the ozhpv list. Reply to the email below, not to me.

Hi All,

This ride will provide the media with an interesting photo opportunity
to help us gain media attention for the festival and challenge. For
best effect we need numbers, and the visually broadest range of bikes
possible.

I'd especially encourage those who can bring along a bike of the
following types: speed bikes, unicycle, folders, tandems, tall bikes,
long bikes, people carrying, load carrying, vintage bike, or any
visually unusual bike. It doesn't have to turn well, the route is
deliberately straight. The media seem to be primarily interested in
the visual image, speed, difference (and colour).

We will assemble on the wide footpath at the state library (cnr
Swanston and Latrobe St) by 5pm. (Media photo opportunity.) We will
obey road rules and traffic signals and ride along Swanston St the 1km
or so to Federation Square. (Media photo opportunity.)

The ride will be prefaced by a media release to all major media.

Apart from the benefit for promotion this is your chance to be part of
a great image of alternative bikes riding en-masse through the main
street of Melbourne. Please let me know if you can come and the type
of bike you will bring so I can give the media an idea of what to
expect.

Regards, Alan
"Alan, Diane & Eric"

Old March 23rd 07, 08:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

This ride will provide the media with an interesting photo opportunity
to help us gain media attention for the festival and challenge.

Basic
Promo 101 What, Where, When , Who type of thing.
I'm still none the wiser after seeing it twice.
Old March 23rd 07, 09:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:44:25 +1100
Terryc wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

This ride will provide the media with an interesting photo opportunity
to help us gain media attention for the festival and challenge.

Basic
Promo 101 What, Where, When , Who type of thing.
I'm still none the wiser after seeing it twice.

Umm.. date i the subject. in the body I see
We will assemble on the wide footpath at the state library (cnr
Swanston and Latrobe St) by 5pm. (Media photo opportunity.) We will
obey road rules and traffic signals and ride along Swanston St the 1km
or so to Federation Square. (Media photo opportunity.)

They are missing the name of the event is true, but if you don't see
where and when and what then maybe it's glasses time....

Zebee
Old March 23rd 07, 09:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Terryc wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

This ride will provide the media with an interesting photo opportunity
to help us gain media attention for the festival and challenge.

Basic
Promo 101 What, Where, When , Who type of thing.
I'm still none the wiser after seeing it twice.

Umm.. date i the subject. in the body I see
We will assemble on the wide footpath at the state library (cnr
Swanston and Latrobe St) by 5pm. (Media photo opportunity.) We will
obey road rules and traffic signals and ride along Swanston St the 1km
or so to Federation Square. (Media photo opportunity.)

They are missing the name of the event is true, but if you don't see
where and when and what then maybe it's glasses time....

what's a 'speed bike'?

Old March 23rd 07, 10:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on 23 Mar 2007 01:24:04 -0700
wrote:

what's a 'speed bike'?

No idea. A racing velo perhaps.

They obviously want bikes that are "different" so add a fairing to
your roadie and go for it!

Zebee
Old March 23rd 07, 03:10 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

They are missing the name of the event is true, but if you don't see
where and when and what then maybe it's glasses time....

who and what is it for?

Perhaps I don't have inate bicycle insecurities that I must attend every
photo op with my bicycle.
Old March 23rd 07, 08:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 24 Mar 2007 01:10:18 +1100
Terryc wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

They are missing the name of the event is true, but if you don't see
where and when and what then maybe it's glasses time....

who and what is it for?

Perhaps I don't have inate bicycle insecurities that I must attend every
photo op with my bicycle.

YOu don't have to. The list it was on did assume you knew what it was
which being a specific list was probably vaguely OK in that venue and
less so here.

I expect others who have interesting bikes will be happy to show them
off with like minded folk.

Zebee
Old March 24th 07, 10:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Campag_nut

YOu don't have to. The list it was on did assume you knew what it was
which being a specific list was probably vaguely OK in that venue and
less so here.

Sorry, Zeebee, but have you been snorting speed bikes again? What the 'ell
are you on about? Let me go through that again:
The list you were on = this newsgroup?
This newsgroup assumed you knew what the newsgroup was which being a
specific list was.... Ah bugger it - too hard.

Nah, the plot has been lost all round.. I'm going to have a few more drinks
and see if makes sense then..

Old March 24th 07, 12:00 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:30:48 GMT
Campag_nut wrote:

YOu don't have to. The list it was on did assume you knew what it was
which being a specific list was probably vaguely OK in that venue and
less so here.

Sorry, Zeebee, but have you been snorting speed bikes again? What the 'ell
are you on about? Let me go through that again:
The list you were on = this newsgroup?

IF you read the original post - which was apparently written in
Swahili - you will find your question answered.

Go on, be a devil! Read for comprehension.

Zebee