On Thin Ice - Video

Old January 27th 05, 10:10 PM
harper

That was so funny. Thanks, Jason.

--
harper - Riding a Fat

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"People who quote themselves are lame." - David Lowell

"I think I just broke my leg." - Greg Harper, 10/9/2004

Old January 27th 05, 10:24 PM
Bob22b

Nice vid. I was impressed that the tire stuck on the snowy ground for
those gaps.

The ice rink action looked like fun!

--
Bob22b - MCL Tearer :d
Bob22b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8153

Old January 27th 05, 10:24 PM
leeman180

I really enoyed watching that movie. Ive been meaning to go out and try
uiing on the ice for a while now. Looks really hard but you pulled it
off!

-Lee

--
leeman180 - Single Track Mind
leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441

Old January 28th 05, 04:50 AM
Jason Allemann

Thanks for all the responses! Riding on ice is pretty fun, just don't
put too much torque on the wheel.... It was a good day of riding, as
are pretty much all of our outings. Snow should definitely not deter
you from getting out there.
redwelly wrote:
*It's the feel-good chick-flick of the unicycle music video world...
or something...
*

Ha, what a great tagline!
MilkParrot wrote:
*What's all the white stuff on the ground?*

LOL, man it's like that for anywhere from 4-6 months out of the year
where we are.

Jason Allemann - It's Go Time
Jason Allemann's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3702

Old January 28th 05, 05:40 AM
DigitalDave

Fun stuff.

I got Q's though.

1. What kind of camera?
2. What format does your camera produce?

Cuz,

I'm amazed at the quality for the size of your video.
(My Kodak creates a .MOV of only 30 seconds for 14mb )

--
DigitalDave - scabless

'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
(http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
'19,812 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8347718)

my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
1899

DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

Old January 28th 05, 08:19 AM
Jason Allemann

DigitalDave wrote:
*Fun stuff.

I got Q's though.

1. What kind of camera?
2. What format does your camera produce?

Cuz,

I'm amazed at the quality for the size of your video.
(My Kodak creates a .MOV of only 30 seconds for 14mb ) *

I have a Sony DCR-TRV38 MiniDV video camera. I capture the video to my
computer in DV-AVI format, which is high quality and very large - ~200
MB for 1 minute of footage. I keep it in this format until I'm finished
the movie, at which point I have (in this case) a 604 MB avi file.

The quality/size you get in the end depends on the quality you start
with and whatever you use to do the compression. I currently use the
Windows Media Player 9 series encoder (freely available from Microsoft's
website) which is an MPEG-4 based encoder. You will get similar (or
better) results from other MPEG-4 based encoders as well (ie, DivX).

I've never tried to compress .mov files before so I'm not sure what
software is available to do that, but I'm sure you can find info online.
Maybe someone else who's done it can chime in. I find the following
site to have a wealth of information on pretty much anything you want to
do with video: http://www.videohelp.com

Old January 28th 05, 07:55 PM
MilkParrot

LOL, man it's like that for anywhere from 4-6 months out of the year
where we are.

J [/b]

It was 75 here the other day.

p.s. January.

--
MilkParrot - Midnight Unicyclist
MilkParrot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8340

Old January 28th 05, 08:24 PM
john_childs

Jason Allemann wrote:
*I've never tried to compress .mov files before so I'm not sure what
software is available to do that, but I'm sure you can find info
online. Maybe someone else who's done it can chime in. I find the
following site to have a wealth of information on pretty much anything
you want to do with video: http://www.videohelp.com
*

I started a thread in Just Conversation covering 'Converting from MOV to
MPEG or AVI' (http://tinyurl.com/6nyfs). People who have digicams that
take movie clips in MOV format were having problems compressing them to
make them smaller and/or importing them in to editing programs. I wrote
up the guides to help get more unicycling clips compressed and edited.

The alternative is to pay $30 (USD) for QuickTime Pro which can do basic
editing of MOV files and can convert MOV files to AVI. But why do that
when there are free tools available to do the same thing?

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old January 28th 05, 10:17 PM
innes

Great Video.

It is worth waiting for the large file, it was really good quality.

The riding was fantastic. Jason, I am amazed how high you can jump on a
Unicycle.

Innes

--
innes - Unicyclist
innes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9123

Old August 21st 05, 12:41 AM
andrew_carter

Default On Thin Ice - Video

Wow, I can't believe I missed this one first time around...fantastic
video! Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I think anybody who
missed it like me will appreciate seeing it.

Great riding, great filming, very appropriate music...a really fun movie
to watch.

I love all those other movies in your gallery too. I'll get Peter to
add them to our movie list at www.unicycle.2ya.com .

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

*http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'my big movies' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/bigmovies)*
WE WORK ON A CONTINGENCY BASIS*?*
NO*,* MONEY DOWN*!*

Galibier ride video roadswag Racing 0 February 13th 04 11:29 PM
Galibier ride video roadswag Techniques 0 February 13th 04 11:29 PM
video producer seeking bicycle stunt riders for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 6th 04 12:30 AM
Video producer seeking bicycle mechanic for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 6th 04 12:30 AM
Need Video Advice zach_jucha Unicycling 4 September 26th 03 09:36 PM