Query Zefal HPX Pump Use

Old July 12th 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Default Query Zefal HPX Pump Use

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
The Bianchi Strada LX I recently bought has a Zefal HPX pump on it. On
the upper portion of the pump are two markings. one is 'hp' and the
other is 'x'. The end of the pump can be twisted so that an arrow
lines up with one or the other marks.

What arethese marks for? I am thinking that the 'hp' mark is for
pumping to a normal pressure and the 'x' mark is for pumping to a
higher pressure. Is this correct?

"HP" locks out the spring for pumping tires. "X" lets the spring engage
so it will stay on your bike when not in use.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old July 12th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill

Default Query Zefal HPX Pump Use Do they work?

"RS" wrote in message
. ..
Do these pumps work well or go for a Blackburn?

I have an HPX that's been going strong for eight or ten years. On another
bike I had a newer Blackburn frame pump that died as the plastic parts
slowly deterioated. Go for the HPX if you want it to last for years and not
eventually die on the side of the road.
Bill

Old July 12th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:34:07 -0700, RS wrote:

Do these pumps work well or go for a Blackburn?

I've had both and they both work well enough for me to not have noticed any real
difference in function. They're both very good.

Ron

Old July 12th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

RS wrote:
Do these pumps work well or go for a Blackburn?

imho Zefal HPX is the best frame monut pump out there.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.
Old July 13th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Verheul

"RS" wrote in message
. ..
Do these pumps work well or go for a Blackburn?

I've owned and used both. No comparison, stick with the HPX (although the
Blackburn is passable).

Old July 14th 07, 06:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Jul 12, 4:48 pm, Morten Reippuert wrote:
RS wrote:
Do these pumps work well or go for a Blackburn?

imho Zefal HPX is the best frame monut pump out there.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

Hi there.

I see that the Zefal HPX sells for about $30 Cdn ($32 US). Since the
Bianchi Strada LX complete with the Zefal HPX pump only cost me $25
Cdn ($23.86 US) I can assume I got a very good deal.

Life is good.

Cheers from Peter