Campagnolo Delta Brakes

Old September 10th 04, 08:27 AM
byron27

Default Campagnolo Delta Brakes

I dont know if anyone remembers these old chestnuts but here is
reminder

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....item=710129680

I saw a set, in better quality than mine, on ebay and they are up t
about 200 bucks now, and thought "ive got some of those sittin
around", so up they went on ebay with 100 bucks "buy now" and within
hours they were gone with the buy now option to some japanese.

I never thought anything that would be sitting in my murky old toolbo
would qualify as bike porn......

should have asked for more!

--
byron27

Old September 10th 04, 08:53 AM
Tony

"byron27" wrote in message

I dont know if anyone remembers these old chestnuts but here is a
reminder:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=7101296804

I saw a set, in better quality than mine, on ebay and they are up to
about 200 bucks now, and thought "ive got some of those sitting
around", so up they went on ebay with 100 bucks "buy now" and within 2
hours they were gone with the buy now option to some japanese.

I never thought anything that would be sitting in my murky old toolbox
would qualify as bike porn......

should have asked for more!!

--
byron27

I saw these and thought you gotta be joking, I spose someone obviously
wanted them good onya. I better go check out the old shed full of old Campag
stuff

Old September 10th 04, 12:09 PM
flyingdutch

byron27 Wrote:
I dont know if anyone remembers these old chestnuts but here is
reminder

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....item=710129680

I saw a set, in better quality than mine, on ebay and they are up t
about 200 bucks now, and thought "ive got some of those sittin
around", so up they went on ebay with 100 bucks "buy now" and within
hours they were gone with the buy now option to some japanese.

I never thought anything that would be sitting in my murky old toolbo
would qualify as bike porn......

should have asked for more!!

quite a collector's item apparently...
lousy at stopping tho, is the goss.
Tip: Im betting Camapg come out with a model that looks dissarmingl
simialr but in CF. Hey, it worked for single pivots!!

--
flyingdutc

Old September 10th 04, 03:12 PM
Shane Stanley

In article ,
flyingdutch wrote:

Tip: Im betting Camapg come out with a model that looks dissarmingly
simialr but in CF.

There's a guy who rode with us one week, who normally rides down Beach
Road of a Sunday. He has a rear Delta brake with a carbon-fibre cover he
made himself. Maybe he should sell the plan.

--
Shane Stanley
Old September 10th 04, 03:50 PM
Gemma Kernich

"byron27" wrote in message

I dont know if anyone remembers these old chestnuts but here is a
reminder:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=7101296804

I saw a set, in better quality than mine, on ebay and they are up to
about 200 bucks now, and thought "ive got some of those sitting
around", so up they went on ebay with 100 bucks "buy now" and within 2
hours they were gone with the buy now option to some japanese.

I never thought anything that would be sitting in my murky old toolbox
would qualify as bike porn......

should have asked for more!!

You should have!
I am doing something similar, I can't believe I have italians bidding on
Campagnolo stuff. It hasn't even got to the last day bid-madness that
usually happens. I watched an auction finish the other day for some campy
beartrap pedals - they sold for US$91! Hope mine get up that high.....!
http://cgi6.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...userid=gemma_k

Gemma

Old September 10th 04, 04:58 PM
Tom Nicholson

"Tony" wrote in message news:41415d92$1@info-mid...
I saw these and thought you gotta be joking, I spose someone obviously
wanted them good onya. I better go check out the old shed full of old Campag
stuff

OK so are these some way of making a simple canti brake more heavy and
clunky?? Or is there some kind of gizmo in that lump of alloy that
actually makes them work differently...