BV Bikes heading west

Old March 21st 05, 02:06 AM
SteveA

Default BV Bikes heading west

I was given a brochure for the Albany to Perth ride on Sunday. Th
people giving out the brochures were talking them up and one of thei
big points was "you get a free bike"

I had a look at the brochure and you get a 'straight bar tourer chose
by Bike Victoria' and you are advised, if you want further details, t
go to the BV site

Bloody hell!! Western Australia is under attack from marauding can
toads from Queensland crossing our border in the north. Now its B
bikes!!

Curiously, if I remember correctly, the bikes on offer caome with 700
wheels which I believe is somewhat of a departure from the GVBR bike
(and the 'further information' that is suggested in the Albany Pert
ride brochure.

Steve

--
SteveA

Old March 21st 05, 03:15 AM
SteveA

MikeyOz Wrote:
Perth ??

Yep, Perth. Looks like a deal between BTA (the WA counterpart of BV
and BV

Steve

--
SteveA

Old March 21st 05, 06:21 AM
bjay

"SteveA" wrote

I was given a brochure for the Albany to Perth ride on Sunday.

snip

Can you give me some more info on this ride? For example, what sort of ride
is it, who is organising it, (can you do the ride and NOT receive the free
bike!)?

Bjay

Old March 21st 05, 06:52 AM
Quokka

bjay wrote:
"SteveA" wrote

I was given a brochure for the Albany to Perth ride on Sunday.

snip

Can you give me some more info on this ride? For example, what sort of ride
is it, who is organising it, (can you do the ride and NOT receive the free
bike!)?

This is all I could find... I was looking for a cost...
anyone know (roughly) how much it might cost to participate?

http://www.bv.com.au/Content/Navigat... ike_Ride.htm

Paul.
Old March 21st 05, 07:02 AM
SteveA

bjay Wrote:
"SteveA" wrot

I was given a brochure for the Albany to Perth ride on Sunday

snip

Can you give me some more info on this ride? For example, what sort o
rid
is it, who is organising it, (can you do the ride and NOT receive th
fre
bike!)

Bjay

I don't have the brochure here at work with me but there is some inf
he http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/cycling/

and here http://tinyurl.com/4n9j

It is a 2 week cycle tour from Albany to Perth. You can do the firs
or second week or both weeks. It is planned for March 2006. I wa
given the glossy brochure at the finish of the Freeway Bike Hike o
Sunday

Steve

--
SteveA

Old March 21st 05, 07:32 AM
SteveA

Quokka Wrote:
bjay wrote
"SteveA" wrot

I was given a brochure for the Albany to Perth ride on Sunday

snip

Can you give me some more info on this ride? For example, what sor

of rid
is it, who is organising it, (can you do the ride and NOT receive th

fre
bike!)

This is all I could find... I was looking for a cost..
anyone know (roughly) how much it might cost to participate

http://tinyurl.com/6olg

Paul.

I'll check the brochure tonight and put up some more info if I ca

Steve

--
SteveA

Old March 21st 05, 10:13 AM
flyingdutch

Quokka Wrote:
This is all I could find... I was looking for a cost...
anyone know (roughly) how much it might cost to participate?

http://tinyurl.com/6olg4

Paul.

why the heck is that site saying
"Welcome to visitors from South Africa." ??????

is perth really THAT close to SA

--
flyingdutch

Old March 21st 05, 10:24 AM
till!

flyingdutch Wrote:
is perth really THAT close to SA?

I *SO* knew getting the rugby was going to have dire consequences

til

--
till!

Old March 21st 05, 12:21 PM
cfsmtb

flyingdutch Wrote:
why the heck is that site saying
"Welcome to visitors from South Africa." ??????

is perth really THAT close to SA?

The Cape Argus rides in SA get about 35,000 punters.
http://www.southafrica.info/ess_info.../cycletour.htm

$$$$$$

Think about it. :rolleyes

--