BV bikes

Old June 6th 05, 01:45 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default BV bikes

There's a BV GVBR bike parked outside my office building. (For any
newbies, I'm in Qld.)

It truly is a monster... I know what you guys were talking about now! If
you moved to Qld, why would you bring it? Novelty value?

Tam
Old June 6th 05, 02:49 AM
Peter McCallum

Tamyka Bell wrote:

There's a BV GVBR bike parked outside my office building. (For any
newbies, I'm in Qld.)

It truly is a monster... I know what you guys were talking about now! If
you moved to Qld, why would you bring it? Novelty value?

Tam

it's obviously just another case of crap being dumped on the third world
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old June 6th 05, 02:53 AM
Resound

"Peter McCallum" wrote in message
news:1gxqgt2.1q5zgyb1rwdsjkN%p5m8.REMOVETHIS@yahoo .com.au...
Tamyka Bell wrote:

There's a BV GVBR bike parked outside my office building. (For any
newbies, I'm in Qld.)

It truly is a monster... I know what you guys were talking about now! If
you moved to Qld, why would you bring it? Novelty value?

Tam

it's obviously just another case of crap being dumped on the third world
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

They were probably one of the gullible few (not that the gullible are few as
a general rule) that bought one on ebay. I wonder what they got stung for
postage?

Old June 6th 05, 03:12 AM

I was curious as to what was wrong with it...
and found this

http://www.bv.com.au/inform.php?a=5&b=142&c=278

It's free I guess.... and how can you beat free....?

So what is wrong with it? I cant tell from the photo...

Old June 6th 05, 03:30 AM
Resound

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was curious as to what was wrong with it...
and found this

http://www.bv.com.au/inform.php?a=5&b=142&c=278

It's free I guess.... and how can you beat free....?

So what is wrong with it? I cant tell from the photo...

If it's like the bikes they were handing out last year, it's simply that you
can't build a bike that cheaply without including some componentry so cheap
as to be distinctly iffy. At least this year, they've gone with 700C wheels,
although I note that in the specifications they say alloy hubs, not alloy
wheels, which does make me wonder what those rims are made of. The whole
thing is going to be K-Mart spec though, and cheap K-Mart spec at that.
Things will break, and things will work badly and the neophyte cyclist is
going to be left with the impression that cycling is a lot more difficult
than it actually is.

Old June 6th 05, 03:41 AM
Tamyka Bell

Resound wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was curious as to what was wrong with it...
and found this

http://www.bv.com.au/inform.php?a=5&b=142&c=278

It's free I guess.... and how can you beat free....?

So what is wrong with it? I cant tell from the photo...

If it's like the bikes they were handing out last year, it's simply that you
can't build a bike that cheaply without including some componentry so cheap
as to be distinctly iffy. At least this year, they've gone with 700C wheels,
although I note that in the specifications they say alloy hubs, not alloy
wheels, which does make me wonder what those rims are made of. The whole
thing is going to be K-Mart spec though, and cheap K-Mart spec at that.
Things will break, and things will work badly and the neophyte cyclist is
going to be left with the impression that cycling is a lot more difficult
than it actually is.

And all that being said... I'd still be suckered if BQ did it! And I'd
ride it on the day too, just for a laugh. Speaking of which, I saw some
spokey-dokeys in kmart the other day... and bar end streamers...

Tam
Old June 6th 05, 04:13 AM

I guess from BV's point of view, they want to encourage those
people who havent got a bike to participate....

I'm sure they'd have some minimum quality requirements as
one would assume they know about their bikes.

I guess they have to tread the fine line between cost, quality and
what the market will bear.

Old June 6th 05, 04:46 AM
Peter McCallum

Tamyka Bell wrote:

Speaking of which, I saw some
spokey-dokeys in kmart the other day... and bar end streamers...

You got something against bar end streamers???

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old June 6th 05, 04:52 AM
Tamyka Bell

Peter McCallum wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

Speaking of which, I saw some
spokey-dokeys in kmart the other day... and bar end streamers...

You got something against bar end streamers???

Yep... they don't fit custom bar end plugs. Guess I'll have to poke a
hole through my MTB bar ends...

or I might save 'em for my new dream bike, with the big basket...

Tam