BV bikes

Old June 6th 05, 06:44 AM
SteveA

Default BV bikes

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
Peter McCallum wrote

Tamyka Bell wrote

Speaking of which, I saw som
spokey-dokeys in kmart the other day... and bar end streamers..

You got something against bar end streamers??

Yep... they don't fit custom bar end plugs. Guess I'll have to poke
hole through my MTB bar ends..

or I might save 'em for my new dream bike, with the big basket..

Tam

Bar end streamers = anti-theft devic

In terms of theft deterrant, has same efect as child seat on rear onl
less weight and possible more aerodynamic

Steve

--
SteveA

Old June 6th 05, 08:12 AM
Peter Signorini

"Tamyka Bell" wrote:

or I might save 'em for my new dream bike, with the big basket...

You'll love this then ;-)
http://www.klickfix.com/weidenkorbe.htm

Cheers
Peter

Old June 6th 05, 08:16 AM
Tamyka Bell

Peter Signorini wrote:

"Tamyka Bell" wrote:

or I might save 'em for my new dream bike, with the big basket...

You'll love this then ;-)
http://www.klickfix.com/weidenkorbe.htm

Cheers
Peter

It's cute, and it would go well with my hat.

But this is mind blowing:

http://www.klickfix.com/sattelstuetze2e.htm
Old June 6th 05, 08:25 AM
Resound

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
Peter Signorini wrote:

"Tamyka Bell" wrote:

or I might save 'em for my new dream bike, with the big basket...

You'll love this then ;-)
http://www.klickfix.com/weidenkorbe.htm

Cheers
Peter

It's cute, and it would go well with my hat.

But this is mind blowing:

http://www.klickfix.com/sattelstuetze2e.htm

I like that. I like that a lot. I wonder what the weight limit is and
whether I could exceed that by filling it with books.

Old June 6th 05, 08:28 AM
DaveB

Tamyka Bell wrote:

It's cute, and it would go well with my hat.

But this is mind blowing:

http://www.klickfix.com/sattelstuetze2e.htm

Now there's an idea. I need something like that for my singlespeed coz
it doesn't have bolt holes for racks.

DaveB
Old June 6th 05, 08:29 AM
dave

Resound wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I was curious as to what was wrong with it...
and found this

http://www.bv.com.au/inform.php?a=5&b=142&c=278

It's free I guess.... and how can you beat free....?

So what is wrong with it? I cant tell from the photo...

If it's like the bikes they were handing out last year, it's simply that you
can't build a bike that cheaply without including some componentry so cheap
as to be distinctly iffy. At least this year, they've gone with 700C wheels,
although I note that in the specifications they say alloy hubs, not alloy
wheels, which does make me wonder what those rims are made of. The whole
thing is going to be K-Mart spec though, and cheap K-Mart spec at that.
Things will break, and things will work badly and the neophyte cyclist is
going to be left with the impression that cycling is a lot more difficult
than it actually is.

I would actually argue that they are a bit above kmart spec. Not that I
disagree with anything else you have said. But I think you may have
forgotten juat how much worse than cheap and nasty kmart spec really is.

I do think theree is an argument that riding almost anything is better
than not riding. And I tend to think that BV bikes slot in at the very
bottom of being almost anything. Kmart bikes dont come close to making
the cut

Dave
Old June 6th 05, 08:45 AM
Peter Signorini

"Resound" wrote:

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message

But this is mind blowing:

http://www.klickfix.com/sattelstuetze2e.htm

I like that. I like that a lot. I wonder what the weight limit is and
whether I could exceed that by filling it with books.

I use a Vaude handlebar bag with the Klickfix mount, and can strongly
recommend them for security. Have taken the bag along all sort of rough
tracks with camera and assorted bits in it - it all travels very securely.
The bag sometimes gets up a good bounce but the mount is rock solid. If the
rear seat mount is anything like the handlebar one I'd say it would easily
handle 10 kgs, maybe more if your staying on smooth roads.

Cheers
Peter

Old June 6th 05, 08:48 AM
DaveB

Peter Signorini wrote:
"Resound" wrote:

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message

But this is mind blowing:

http://www.klickfix.com/sattelstuetze2e.htm

I like that. I like that a lot. I wonder what the weight limit is and
whether I could exceed that by filling it with books.

I use a Vaude handlebar bag with the Klickfix mount, and can strongly
recommend them for security. Have taken the bag along all sort of rough
tracks with camera and assorted bits in it - it all travels very securely.
The bag sometimes gets up a good bounce but the mount is rock solid. If the
rear seat mount is anything like the handlebar one I'd say it would easily
handle 10 kgs, maybe more if your staying on smooth roads.

Cheers
Peter

Where did you buyy their gear Peter. All the websites linked from the
makers are in languages other than English

DaveB
Old June 6th 05, 08:57 AM
Resound

"dave" wrote in message
Resound wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Point taken, and I haven't looked at K-Mart bikes since I knew anything at
all about bikes. I was working on the basis that some of the priciest ones
might have absolute bottom of range Shimano gear on them, and that the
derailleurs and brakes on the BV bikes appeared to be no-name.

Old June 6th 05, 09:11 AM
dave

Resound wrote:
"dave" wrote in message

Resound wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...

[...]

Possibly.. Thats the least of whats wrong with them tho.
If it would help sell them.. they would do it.

Think dropouts out of line.. frames made out of rubbish.. wheels you can
bend between your hands and forks likewise.
And sometimes the frames

Dave