BV free bikes,,,

Old September 30th 05, 06:53 AM
flyingdutch

Default BV free bikes,,,

David M Wrote:

hmmm...."please explain"...was there something in that link that I
needed to see?

Cheers
David M

no. just the little **** in california pickin on Marty again

--
flyingdutch

Old October 1st 05, 12:58 AM
Ted

Old October 1st 05, 12:59 AM
Ted

Kathy wrote: AKA Marty just had a sex change

Old October 19th 05, 10:45 AM
David M

Default BV free bikes,,, UPDATE

David M wrote:
Hi All - these free BV bikes, anyone seen the latest offering? Or got
access to a detailed specification of it? I remeber y'all were appalled
by them last year, but this year we're getting them in WA and they
kinda looked OK over the net...

OK, had a look at one today. My precis was that the wheels and tyres
looked OK though the lack of a rear QR hub has thwarted my plans to tow
a BOB trailer with it. The gears were all crap, the brakes are Tektro
V brakes whick look basic but OK. Headset, stem, bars likewise. Colours
are god-aweful, has pannier mountsb etc, but the big bonus is
HORIZONTAL DROPOUTS! Another good reason to change the rear hub...to a
flip-flop track hub!

$1000 well spent :-)

Cheers
David M

Old October 19th 05, 11:33 AM
flyingdutch

David M Wrote:

OK, had a look at one today. My precis was that the wheels and tyres
looked OK though the lack of a rear QR hub has thwarted my plans to
tow
a BOB trailer with it. The gears were all crap, the brakes are Tektro
V brakes whick look basic but OK. Headset, stem, bars likewise.
Colours
are god-aweful, has pannier mountsb etc, but the big bonus is
HORIZONTAL DROPOUTS! Another good reason to change the rear hub...to
flip-flop track hub!

$1000 well spent :-)

Cheers
David M

My god. BV are going 'fixed' !!!

That's it. fixies just 'jumped the shark!'

--
flyingdutch

Old October 19th 05, 11:51 AM
cfsmtb

flyingdutch Wrote:
My god. BV are going 'fixed' !!!

That's it. fixies just 'jumped the shark!'

The Fonz is putting on the leather jacket, waxing the ski's, sharks
been let out, ol' Mercury outboard being revved up now....

--
cfsmtb

Old October 19th 05, 11:53 AM
DaveB

David M wrote:
V brakes whick look basic but OK. Headset, stem, bars likewise. Colours
are god-aweful, has pannier mountsb etc, but the big bonus is
HORIZONTAL DROPOUTS! Another good reason to change the rear hub...to a
flip-flop track hub!

$1000 well spent :-)

Cheers
David M

Coooool, I can see an ebay purchase soon after the GVBR just for the frame.

DaveB
Old October 19th 05, 12:19 PM
TimC

On 2005-10-19, DaveB (aka Bruce)
David M wrote:
V brakes whick look basic but OK. Headset, stem, bars likewise. Colours
are god-aweful, has pannier mountsb etc, but the big bonus is
HORIZONTAL DROPOUTS! Another good reason to change the rear hub...to a
flip-flop track hub!

$1000 well spent :-)

Cheers
David M

Coooool, I can see an ebay purchase soon after the GVBR just for the frame.

One potential problem. The frame probably weighs 5kg.

Good for downhill fixing!

--
TimC
I hate mornings. I know they hate me back, too. -- Joel Gluth
Old October 19th 05, 12:58 PM
DaveB

TimC wrote:

One potential problem. The frame probably weighs 5kg.

Good for downhill fixing!

Can't be any heavier than the steel frame MTB I commute on. I think that
weighs in at around 20kg all up (plus panniers and crap).

DaveB
Old October 19th 05, 01:09 PM
ritcho

DaveB Wrote:
TimC wrote:

One potential problem. The frame probably weighs 5kg.

Good for downhill fixing!

Can't be any heavier than the steel frame MTB I commute on. I think
that
weighs in at around 20kg all up (plus panniers and crap).

DaveB

20kg all up + panniers and crap? or is that including panniers and
crap.

Now that's a heavy bike alright...

Ritch

--