My New Bike

Old February 22nd 04, 11:50 PM
Hitchy

Default My New Bike

G'day Andrew

have just seen the pics of your new ride.........I'm absolutel
disgusted with you!.......You call yourself a 'rider'.....I think yo
need to reassess things buddy!......imagine being a hardcore roadie
having a garden as neat as that!!!!!.......gardening weather is als
'ridin' weather...so what gives?.......I would do something in my bac
yard.....But it would upset the 'greenies' to much! (old growth forest
& all that)...I think its actually been listed as a world heritag
'wilderness' area!!

seriously, though, I like your ride...but the state of your yard i
disappointing!

cheers

Hitch

-

Old February 23rd 04, 03:10 AM
flyingdutch

amirm wrote:
Andrew:
Wow! That's one kool (cool blue) bike. Nice taste in choosing
component colours.
Just a little suggestion, if you don't mind. I hope you're planning to
cut that steerer tube to size. It's look is a turn off. But that's me.
Cheers, Amir.

More to the point could convert you into the 'Italian Eunich' if things
go awry!!!!!!!!!!

lovely looking bike tho

pity about all that ShimaNO stuff on an italian bike tho...

Old February 23rd 04, 07:33 AM
Andrew Swan

Hitchy wrote:
seriously, though, I like your ride...but the state of your yard is
disappointing!,

If you think my time in the garden is wasted, just think about the time
I waste maintaining the web site that's dedicated to it:

http://www.cp.nsw.gov.au

:-)

&roo

Old February 23rd 04, 07:43 AM
Andrew Swan

flyingdutch wrote:
More to the point could convert you into the 'Italian Eunich' if things
go awry!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I'll be cutting it down, before anyone else reminds me (see hippy's

lovely looking bike tho

Thanks!

pity about all that ShimaNO stuff on an italian bike tho...

My motto is "never install a groupset that sounds like a pasta sauce".

&roo

Old February 23rd 04, 10:18 AM
Richard Sherratt

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:43:54 +1100, Andrew Swan
wrote:

flyingdutch wrote:

snip

pity about all that ShimaNO stuff on an italian bike tho...

My motto is "never install a groupset that sounds like a pasta sauce".

So the guy I know who fits DuraAce 10 speed to replace his DuraAce 9
speed and then tries Record for a week and says "That's OK, but I
think I prefer the DuraAce" and then goes back to his DuraAce bike and
after a week swears that he'll get back to Record ASAP is all wrong?

I think not :-)

BTW, we are talking reasonable bikes here. Look KG381 with DuraAce and
Colnago C50 with Record 2004. Those carbon cranks look very pretty :-)

--
Regards.
Richard.
Old February 24th 04, 01:15 AM
hippy

"Andrew Swan" wrote in message
pity about all that ShimaNO stuff on an italian bike tho...

My motto is "never install a groupset that sounds like a pasta sauce".

hehehe! I tried my mate's Chorus setup and found it
strange. I do not like where the down-push levers are
on the sides of the brake hoods. I can't remember
which way it changed the gears, but I remember
thinking if I was sprinting, I'd have to be on the hoods
to change up - does that sound right?
I like the ability to trim the front derr. in multiple
positions.
It was only a 10 minute test on an awkward bike, but I
will stick with Shimano until I have a good amount of
time playing with Campag and then decide if I want to
go with the Italian manufacturer.
Price-wise I think Shimano wins, don't they?

hippy

Old February 24th 04, 02:10 AM
flyingdutch

wrote:
hehehe! I tried my mate's Chorus setup and found it strange. I do not
like where the down-push levers are on the sides of the brake hoods. I
can't remember which way it changed the gears, but I remember thinking
if I was sprinting, I'd have to be on the hoods to change up - does that
sound right? I like the ability to trim the front derr. in multiple
positions. It was only a 10 minute test on an awkward bike, but I will
stick with Shimano until I have a good amount of time playing with
Campag and then decide if I want to go with the Italian manufacturer.
Price-wise I think Shimano wins, don't they?
hippy

you can trim a front derailleur on campy Far cheaper in the long run a
it lasts longer (shimano wears out, campag wears in LOL) and CHorus i
equivalent if not better than DA with pricing cheaper The lowe
groupsets are (105 down) appalling too in terms of build and the amoun
of plastic and incompatabilit

there, that should fire the thread up a bit..

-

Old February 24th 04, 10:10 AM
hippy

"flyingdutch" wrote in message
hehehe! I tried my mate's Chorus setup and found it strange. I do not
like where the down-push levers are on the sides of the brake hoods. I
can't remember which way it changed the gears, but I remember thinking
if I was sprinting, I'd have to be on the hoods to change up - does

that
sound right? I like the ability to trim the front derr. in multiple
positions. It was only a 10 minute test on an awkward bike, but I will
stick with Shimano until I have a good amount of time playing with
Campag and then decide if I want to go with the Italian manufacturer.
Price-wise I think Shimano wins, don't they?
hippy

you can trim a front derailleur on campy

I know. You can do the same on my Ultegra, but the Campy has
more positions, I think.

Far cheaper in the long run as it lasts longer (shimano wears out, campag

I've skimmed threads on this topic before, but how true is this?
Any Shimano users wanna debate this for me? :-)

wears in LOL) and CHorus is equivalent if not better than DA with pricing

Why does it compare with DA? What's so special?
Compared with Ultegra it's more expensive...

cheaper The lower groupsets are (105 down) appalling too in terms of
build and the amount of plastic and incompatability

Campag Xenon looks a bit plasticy...is it?
105 incompatible with what?

there, that should fire the thread up a bit...

Okay... fight! fight! fight! ;-)

Oh, I prefer the Shimano hoods and doesn't the Campag
importer here have a monopoly so spare parts are slow to
arrive and expensive?

hippy