Recumbant Trike

Old May 14th 05, 05:45 AM
Clive Reynolds

Default Recumbant Trike

Looking to make my own trike any Ideas?

Clive
Old May 14th 05, 08:09 AM
Around Australia Recumbent Style

"Clive Reynolds" wrote in message
Looking to make my own trike any Ideas?

Clive

Buy one instead. www.logotrikes.com

Old May 14th 05, 10:43 AM
DD

Clive Reynolds wrote:
Looking to make my own trike any Ideas?

Clive

Besides don't do it? I don't think that any of the Aussie trike makers
ever got their first creations perfect as far as steering goes, it can
take a few tries to work out all the bugs. In that regard you'll get a
better product off the shelf unless you really know how to build.

But if you want to go ahead then look at the various trike designs,
check out the 'builders corner' off http://ihpva.org , in particular Tim
Smith's pages (he's with the Tasmanian HPV crowd). Also check out WISIL.
And Greenspeed will sell you plans and frame parts to make your job easier.

And I suggest that you try out a few trikes, not all trikes are created
equal and not all may be to your needs. The difference between
Greenspeed's fine GTS and GTR models when I was deciding on mine years
ago was aneasy exercise, the GTR had far better handling and response
but most people preferred the GTS for touring. Not all 'centrepoint
Ackermann' systems are the same either.

And if you do go ahead and your design turns out a fine stead, let us
know. More so if your design is a leaning tadpole trike or
cargo-carrying tadpole.

Dave Doust
Old May 16th 05, 02:45 AM
Poiter

Clive Reynolds Wrote:
Looking to make my own trike any Ideas?

Clive

RecumbEnt, RecumbEnt!

Oh, I give up!

Check out
www.OzHPV.org.au and

Pet

--
Poiter

Old May 16th 05, 09:38 AM
Parbs

"Poiter" wrote in message ...

RecumbEnt, RecumbEnt!

Oh, I give up!

It's not that hard to remember, once you realise every one that rides one is bent if not very twisted ;-)

Parbs