Sheldon Brown claims another victim: A Raleigh Twenty Saga

Old February 9th 04, 02:49 AM
cheg

Default Sheldon Brown claims another victim: A Raleigh Twenty Saga

I have a new webpage about my modified Raleigh Twenty Folder. Thanks
to all who gave advice and information.

http://cheg01.home.comcast.net/r20.html

It all cost somwhat less than a new Bike Friday (so far...). Enjoy.

Old February 9th 04, 06:18 AM
ZeeExSixAre

"cheg" wrote in message
I have a new webpage about my modified Raleigh Twenty Folder. Thanks
to all who gave advice and information.

You need to show it folded.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old February 9th 04, 04:17 PM
Jym Dyer

http://cheg01.home.comcast.net/r20.html

=v= Schweet! The coppery parts look really nice with the
brown paint. Maybe you'll like the song on this page (under
the photo):

http://www.pbase.com/image/23421365

_Jym_
(The guy who rides a red Bike Friday on the Greenway)
Old February 10th 04, 01:59 AM
cheg

http://cheg01.home.comcast.net/r20.html#folded
http://cheg01.home.comcast.net/r20.html#folded2

Old February 10th 04, 03:33 AM
cheg

"Jym Dyer" wrote in message
http://cheg01.home.comcast.net/r20.html

=v= Schweet! The coppery parts look really nice with the
brown paint. Maybe you'll like the song on this page (under
the photo):

http://www.pbase.com/image/23421365

_Jym_
(The guy who rides a red Bike Friday on the Greenway)

The bronze colored rack was a random find at the local Recycled
Cycles.I thought it would look nice. The only aesthetic change I'd
make is the stem. I'm using an adjustable Kalloy stem. Sometime I may
switch to a fixed stem in black now that I know where the bars need
to be.

That song is a riot. But since when do Twenty's qualify as "high end"
folders?

Chris (who rides a HotRod Twenty on the Interurban Rail Trail)

Old February 10th 04, 09:13 PM
Jacques Moser

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 02:49:36 +0000, cheg wrote:

I have a new webpage about my modified Raleigh Twenty Folder. Thanks to
all who gave advice and information.

http://cheg01.home.comcast.net/r20.html

It all cost somwhat less than a new Bike Friday (so far...). Enjoy.

It looks great but how does it ride ? Can you ride fast, and can you climb
?
Old February 11th 04, 02:38 AM
cheg

"Jacques Moser" wrote in
message news
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 02:49:36 +0000, cheg wrote:

I have a new webpage about my modified Raleigh Twenty Folder.

Thanks to
all who gave advice and information.

http://cheg01.home.comcast.net/r20.html

It all cost somwhat less than a new Bike Friday (so far...).

Enjoy.

It looks great but how does it ride ? Can you ride fast, and can

you climb
?

It's reasonably fast. Where I get an average of about 15 mph
commuting over 33 miles round trip on my Raleigh International I get
about 13 on the Raleigh Twenty, but that may go up as I get used to
it. Climbing requires you to pay attention because the wheelbase is
short and the front end is light. It is not as easy to ride as a full
sized bike but it's certainly rideable. My longest day on it so far
is 40 miles.

In general it feels different from my road bike and mountain bike.
It makes me want to try new routes and explore neighborhoods. Somehow
it reminds me of when I was a kid knocking around on a 2 speed
kickback Stingray in Los Alamitos, CA, 1968.

Old February 11th 04, 08:08 PM
Russ Baxter

"cheg" wrote in message news:4zCVb.201268$Rc4.1673378@attbi_s54...
I have a new webpage about my modified Raleigh Twenty Folder. Thanks
to all who gave advice and information.

http://cheg01.home.comcast.net/r20.html

It all cost somwhat less than a new Bike Friday (so far...). Enjoy.

Why did you install a suspension fork? A standard fork obviously
weighs less and requires no maintenance.
Old February 11th 04, 09:49 PM
S o r n i

Russ Baxter wrote:
"cheg" wrote in message
I have a new webpage about my modified Raleigh Twenty Folder. Thanks
to all who gave advice and information.

http://cheg01.home.comcast.net/r20.html

It all cost somwhat less than a new Bike Friday (so far...). Enjoy.

Why did you install a suspension fork? A standard fork obviously
weighs less and requires no maintenance.

I can answer that! Because it's SUPER-MODIFIED!!!

Bill "to quote Vandebaitor, 'DUH!'" S.

Old February 11th 04, 10:07 PM
Dane Jackson

In rec.bicycles.misc cheg wrote:
I have a new webpage about my modified Raleigh Twenty Folder. Thanks
to all who gave advice and information.

http://cheg01.home.comcast.net/r20.html

It all cost somwhat less than a new Bike Friday (so far...). Enjoy.

Very, very cool. It definitely makes me want to go out and find one
post-haste and fiddle with it. It looks like you did a great job, and
I hope you have a lot of fun riding and modding it.

Maybe I'll see you tooling around Seattle on it.

;-)

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
Stuckness shouldn't be avoided. It's the psychic predecessor of all